Concerning RWL.

Started by Ereptor, April 04, 2003, 10:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

Retto has asked me to consider stepping down.  You, Ashyra Nightwing have posted the post i knew would come one day.  Being Emperor can be fun, but i knew i would grow bored.  That is why i started the story of Mordor and what not.  I enjoyed playing with everyone and having fun with the story.  Ashyra if there are more that feel as you do then i will consider stepping down.  I love this game, and i want it not only to be fun for me, but fun for everyone.  I suggested to Retto that he make a poll that would ask if people were having fun, or not having fun with me in power.  He said it was mostly him and stormy that were worried about me being so high.  So this is it rwl.  I didn't post this post earlier, because i didn't want to give everyone the idea that they could just vote me out of power.  But when you post a post like this it shows me that not everyone is having fun.  That is what a game is suppossed to be.  Fun.  About my post long ago on stormy, my only defense is that i did not know how to play the game back then so it was impossible to play it now.  So, Ashyra Nightwing start a poll.  A fair one.  I trust you shall do so anyway, you seem honest.  I will consider leaving my reign and letting another take my place.  If i do step down, i will not chose another to take my place.  It will be up for grabs.......
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Dead Eye

A very noble idea Ereptor.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Menatus

If you'd just let someone up for grabs, it would be kind of hard seeing as that you're 20 times more powerful then most in the top 10 alone.

-id-

I'm still fairly new to this game, only been playing since the beginning of this reset of warlords, but no matter who was at the top all I've seen from a majority of the players is complaining. There is always going to be someone bigger than you and smarter than you. The fact that Ereptor happens to be that does not mean he should have to give up because other people want to kick and scream. No one can be happy all the time, and Ereptor leaving his empire behind isn't going to change that. The top player will always have people at his throat, people bitching that he cheated, people crying that he picked on them - even if he did none of these things. The game is fun because it is a challenge.
If Ereptor does give up, someone else will just be the new top dog, and all you folks here will complain about them. You can't always be the winner, sometimes you have to take what you can get.
The fact is, the internet makes you stupid and it is the perfect place for people to hide behind their keyboards and fling insults. My opinion is that the game itself is great, its these forums that arent. If everyone could keep in mind there is a real person on the other end, everything would be a lot more enjoyable.

At any rate, those are my thoughts, and I apologize in advance if they're offensive to anyone.

(EDIT: No swearing)

Dead Eye

Well, a few notes to that.

1st. Well said, some one will always be better
2nd. You should try watching what you say
3rd. You are mouthing off, but we have no clue who you are. What is your warlord number and name
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

-id-

Ereptor

Mouthing off?  ehh. well sorta.  But sometimes things need to be said.  I agree with id.  whomever he may be.  Sometimes i even forget that i am typing to a real person and not a computer.  But rarely.   i do though get into my character, so it is hard to tell between my personal thoughts and those of Ereptor.  But if this is not fun and if i am being cruel and usual please speak up.  Play the game.  
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Abby The Rat

I knew I didn't like you. You'd attacked me with you might even through I am a peaceful warlord and didn't attack you. ~shrugs~

And I do think of the a real person on the other end. Why that is one of the reason why I'm Knighted, because I post with kindness and with thoughts even if I makes mistakes. I do go back and edit that post.

I think you can ask almost everyone here...
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

-id-

Sure did. Attacking is part of the game, isn't it? When I needed acres I looked for someone with a low defensive success rate, espionaged them and hit. I'm sorry if you fit the bill, its nothing personal.

I'm afraid I dont quite know what you mean by Knighted. As I said, I'm fairly new and unfortunately didnt see any refrence to that in the guide when I started. I've only recently come across the forums and try not to post terribly often. I dont want to begin to like the people I attack. :)

General Austin

I want another Stormclaw. Even if he smashed people who got close to him he didn't totally anihilate his supporters. You do. You even have Secret police, for Pete's Sake. I'd like you to step down, but give Ad tons of aid so he can become Emperor. It sounds like a stupid idea to most of you, I'm sure, but Ad's the best guy around, and he's the only one I can think of who'd be a good Emperor.
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Abby The Rat

The low defensive success rate is due to the fact I'm peaceful and over the time I have been there people attack me one or two times. At this time and date of this post this is my O/D ratings

Offensive Actions:  91 (74%)  
Defenses:  214 (9%)

That goes to show how peaceful I am.
And I'm even willing to post my stats here, but I think my members will not be happy if I did and get my self knocked down a few ranks because of it..

Look at the number of times I attacked, and look at my rank?

So it is possible to be a high rank and be peaceful.

I hope you learn a lesson that I'm not as weak as I am when I took some land. This is a fact that you add most of the number to my defenses number. (I'm not sure of the true figure but yours count to about 6-7% of those 214.)
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Badrang the Tyrant

I think Ad would be a great Emperor.

~>John<~

I must take a different stand...its fun with u being emperor, no t with u sending aid and stuff so u own the top 10
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Holby

Is the poll up yet? At any rate, I think Ereptor should not be called to step down. It's up to us to bring him down.
It's a tricky job, but it will be done. It must somehow or another happen eventually. Through a reset, a betryayal, or something along those lines.
And even if it doesn't happen soon, at least every one of us has a goal to reach at, apart from being number 1.
Keep on playing Ereptor, and ignore those that tell you to throw the game away!
I will not deleted this

Trident

Quote from: Badrang the TyrantI think Ad would be a great Emperor.
I don't thik Ad wants to emperor.  Emperors, sadly, are evil.  If they were good, they wouldn't be Emperor's because thye'd send aid off to everybody...