Combine Real Life and General Discussion?

Started by The Lady Shael, March 14, 2011, 08:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we?

Yes, combine them
7 (70%)
No, keep them separate
3 (30%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

The Lady Shael

General Discussion has been around forever. Real Life came about several years ago in an attempt to stimulate more conversation on the forums at a low activity point for RWL. However, with some more activity going, it seems Real Life has outlived it's purpose. Technically any topic posted there also can be posted in GD.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

make real life and UMD subforums of GD, perhaps?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Isn't real life about real life and general discussion about general game discussion? Like introductions and anything not specific to the other forums?

That's how I view them....
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

The Lady Shael

It's true that they could be used that way, but there aren't many game-related topics that couldn't be posted somewhere else. A potential disadvantage to combining the forums would be that it might be confusing with game and non-game related topics, but honestly none of us are posting fast enough to really make that confusion a reality.

When these forums started, GD was in fact GD/Real Life/Reg Discussion/Spa Room all in one, and it actually did us good.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Gen. Volkov

I say make UMD it's own forum once again. Its not getting half the activity it used too, and combine Real Life into GD. Or recombine, I guess I should say.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

Quote from: Shadow on March 14, 2011, 08:59:59 PM
make real life and UMD subforums of GD, perhaps?
Laaaaame. Subforums are the worst.

The two should definitely merge. Having GD as a general game discussion doesn't really work because of the existing game discussions, so a single board is a good idea.
I will not deleted this

Ashyra Nightwing

Definitely combine them, we have way too many forums and i think that actually lowers activity...too many forums to check, and confusion over where your post should go :P

Maybe more people should think about posting some of the less spa-y spa room topics in GD? There are certainly a few topics in the spa now that wouldn't be out of place in GD.

The Lady Shael

Any other opinions on this? We've only had 6 votes so far.

Neobaron

Personally, I only lurk anymore to watch the UMD, so i'm with Volkov.

Otherwise, it makes sense to include RL in General, because RL is generally a generalization anyways being that we're on the internet.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.