Origins of Spa

Started by The Lady Shael, February 28, 2011, 09:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

It's a pretty short story actually...so I'll draw it out for as long as I can.

Basically in the beginnings of RWL, spam was a huge problem. Many members engaged in "post wars", which usually consisted of posting one-sentence posts at the same speed you guys currently post at in here. Our ulterior motive though was post count. Back then a higher post count meant veteran status (or so we thought).

Back then everyone also chatted on AIM, and RWL AIM chats were a regular thing. Once there were probably about 15 of us chatting away, and Retto mentioned he was thinking about adding a new forum dedicated solely to spam, which wouldn't raise your post count. He asked for name suggestions, and (a quick forum search shows that) TJ/Scarwake suggested "Spam Room 101", but due to a typo it came out as "Spa Room 101". Retto thought it was awesome and it was created minutes later.

The Spa Room was born.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

SiegeMaster

Ungatt Trunn II

Ah yes, finally our scribe can write up a full archive of RSL. OH BRIAARRRRARRARARARR!!!!!!
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Blood Wake

I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

SiegeMaster

Mr.Grimm

WOOT! Spa will crush all!

Ungatt Trunn II

Mr. Grimm, your SSP building is becoming quite decrepit without your hooded agents to maintain it. I'm afraid my soldiers tried to turn it into a bar or something. I called it insubordination though and uhhh, had to flush it with nerve agents and radiation and such...

But it's clear now and if you're nice I'll even help you clean it up! 
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Mr.Grimm

Blasted army grunts! I swear... I will make their families pay! I may come back one day just not yet. But don't worry. The SSP never left! Muhahahahahahahahahaha!!! *cough* Man, that is really hard on the throat!

Krowdon

Quote from: The Lady Shael on February 28, 2011, 09:06:14 PM
It's a pretty short story actually...so I'll draw it out for as long as I can.

Basically in the beginnings of RWL, spam was a huge problem. Many members engaged in "post wars", which usually consisted of posting one-sentence posts at the same speed you guys currently post at in here. Our ulterior motive though was post count. Back then a higher post count meant veteran status (or so we thought).

Back then everyone also chatted on AIM, and RWL AIM chats were a regular thing. Once there were probably about 15 of us chatting away, and Retto mentioned he was thinking about adding a new forum dedicated solely to spam, which wouldn't raise your post count. He asked for name suggestions, and (a quick forum search shows that) TJ/Scarwake suggested "Spam Room 101", but due to a typo it came out as "Spa Room 101". Retto thought it was awesome and it was created minutes later.

The Spa Room was born.

Spa is awesome.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Kyrolin Zenyar

Three points for typos!
Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

Krowdon

I made a typo once. I typed one thing, but I didnt pay attention, and it came out completely different. oops.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Mr.Grimm

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Mr.Grimm

But the property value on the top is fantastic! I mean, think about it! Great views, easy access to the beach and downtown! It's a goldmine!