Development details!

Started by Shadow, February 26, 2011, 08:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Two more tweaks: stoat has had its foraging bonus reduced, and lizard has had its foraging bonus increased. This is coming ahead of some changes to foragers that will allow the aggro-indy strategy to be possible here - a hybrid farming indy strat that uses cash generated by selling foraged food to support the growth of an indied army.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Shadow

Changes:

It has come to our attention (Thanks Oblit) that solo indy is not really viable because the costs for upkeep are more than the cash that can be made in sales.

We are making a 20% reduction in the upkeep costs for weasel, stoat, and skiff per turn. The leader races are getting their costs stat increased proportionately so that overall, only indies will see a change from this.

This will hopefully allow solo indy t be viable again. Please test it out and see, and if any further changes are necessary, let us know.

And finally, marten still had a little bit of an edge though cash output, so its merc prices have been increased slightly. (10%)

Shadow

Your bank space has been (greatly) increased. Please try it out and comment on the changes. Is it too big? Still not big enough?

Firetooth

Great! Bank now actually has a use when you don't have 300k land. I'm actually gonna use it now  :)

Also, indies can now hold excess cash without fear of steals, giving them a much-needed boost.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Bank Change: ***IMPORTANT***

The bank will no longer kill your extra moneys! If you have cash over the limit, it will leak into your account at a rate off 3% of the difference between your savings, and the max, every 10 minutes. That means that after 24 hours, any excess cash will have completely leaked into your account.

This change, while being of great practical value, is to pave the way for more exciting changes to come.

Stay tuned!

PS: if you notice any bug with it (leak rate too fast/too slow, leaking when you are below max balance, extra moneys getting killed, etc) please give us details. We tested it before we put it up, but there is always the possibility that we missed something.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIt has come to our attention (Thanks Oblit) that solo indy is not really viable because the costs for upkeep are more than the cash that can be made in sales.

I was indy at the beginning of the round, and I did notice that I could never use all my turns, but I just figured it was due to it still being the start of the round.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

I encourage everyone to try rat at least once this round, and report to use on the effect of the cost reduction

Shadow

BUG FIX:

the code that determined how much land each attack type gave you was not working. It has been fixed (thanks Shael!). You will now find that you get:

80% of normal land using chaos
80% of normal land using sack
90% of normal land using capture
110% of normal land using drive

flank and enslave will be removed from the attack list in the next turbo round.

Shadow

I seem to be getting an bug with the above whereby the extra land taken by drive is not accounted for on the build page. Anyone confirm?

The Lady Shael

You're right because I logged on the admin panel and found a giant list of land discrepancies. I'll work on this bug now.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Fastest bug fix ever :D

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

When casher comes out, it will rely on workers, and enslave can be exploited to artificially raise worker output above what is reasonable. Workers join you so fast at low tax that it won't be at all necessary.

The Lady Shael

Hey everyone, if you haven't noticed yet, we're still having problems with the land multipliers when you use special attacks (drive, capture, etc), so for now we're taking the multipliers out till we can figure out the problem.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Base rat merc buy price has been increased to 525 to make it closer to the $/net cost of the other three troop types. It is still the cheapest net by 5%, but has higher upkeep costs per net so the difference is even smaller over time.

Wildcat pressgang loyalty cost has been reduced 60% to make it more competitive with indy as a troop production option.