Race Roulette and other new features

Started by The Lady Shael, February 26, 2011, 08:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

The objection to lock-in was that if a clan member betrayed the clan and let someone unwanted in, they would be stuck there. This new request system avoids that by only letting senior officers let people in - no more passwords.

But no, the lock-out was never working, clan hopping has been going strong even with that in place.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Okay, time-to-emp is now 12 hours, to make things a bit faster-paced.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThe objection to lock-in was that if a clan member betrayed the clan and let someone unwanted in, they would be stuck there. This new request system avoids that by only letting senior officers let people in - no more passwords.

Oh. Yeah, I guess that works, though maybe it should just be the clan leader with that sort of authority.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

As of right now, only leaders and assistants can accept or deny requests. We'll see how that works out, and change it as needed.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Sevah

I quit the forums for a while. Quick question. Does an Emperor get a tax from the players?
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

The Lady Shael

Firetooth

Lol, I think Sevz seems to misunderstand the importance of being an emp before anybody has reached 100miul net  :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Sevs was out of first for quite a while without losing the crown. Is that intentional?

Firetooth

I don't even think he's been in first for 2 days yet, but maybe that's just me.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

The time to temp was changed to 12 hours to speed up testing

The Lady Shael

He has to be out of first for 12 hours to lose his place as Emperor. London Look was just a couple hours from stealing it away!

Firetooth

Quote from: The Lady Shael on March 02, 2011, 12:07:51 PM
He has to be out of first for 12 hours to lose his place as Emperor. London Look was just a couple hours from stealing it away!
Imo that's too long. If he's out of first for an hour maybe? 12 hours just seems too long.

The Lady Shael

An hour still doesn't seem fair, because a player can't be on all hours of the day to make sure they're still in first. Whoever is knocking them out needs to prove that they can keep the current Emperor out of first for a significant amount of time.

Firetooth

Still, they're not much of an emperor if they're outside first for 10 hours. Ideally, I think it should be an hour. So you can trade net but keep the position when your net is aided back etc. If you get taken down or surpassed, you're not an emperor, just somebody who's currently in the lead.

Shadow

Quote from: The Lady Shael on March 02, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
An hour still doesn't seem fair, because a player can't be on all hours of the day to make sure they're still in first. Whoever is knocking them out needs to prove that they can keep the current Emperor out of first for a significant amount of time.

My experience with emps is that once you get knocked out, you stay out. That said, they usually drop out of first when running, and emp runs with a team can take several hours easily. 12 hours is a bit long, 6 is probably about right.