Race Roulette and other new features

Started by The Lady Shael, February 26, 2011, 08:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

The theme this round is Race Roulette. Every 72 hours, you will be allowed to change your race (for free) to a race you haven't tried before. You MUST change your race at least every week. Normal revolts are not possible.

Once you have tried all the races, you may choose any race.

And now on to the features...

Race Overhaul

Most of the stats for the races have been redone. Check out the Help->Races Guide to see the new chart. Shadow (the mastermind behind these calculations) will be posting a topic soon with the reasonings behind the changes. (see the topic here)

A couple races also came with an ability change:

Painted One: the ability is now Pay Tribute, which is a combination of a watered-down Loot and Feast mission.

Fox: the ability is still called Cloak, but when you have Cloak cast at least once, you also get the bonus ability Falsify Documents. When someone does an espionage on you, the results returned to them are off by a random percentage (1-20%).

Emperor Tracking (aka secret feature #1)

This system will keep track of who is currently emperor, and what emperors we've had in the past. Depending on the "time-to-emp" (in this round, 48 hours), a player will become "Emperor" if they can stay in the number #1 spot for that amount of time. They get a little crown next to their name on the scores list and access to a page called "Throne Room", where they can send a mass-message (decree) to everyone in the game.

When another player unseats the current Emperor, they must also stay in the #1 spot for 48 hours to officially become Emperor. If the Emperor makes a comeback before that happens, the other player must try all over again.

Clan Requests (aka secret feature #2)

No more clan passwords! We are going with a more modern approach here, so to join a clan, you will send a "request" to the clan officers. On the Clan Management page, only the founder can view a list of the pending requests to join the clan and choose to Accept or Deny them. When you accept a request, the player is immediately put into the clan and they get a notification in their news feed. If they are denied, their request is cancelled and they also get a notification in their news feed.

You can only request to join one clan at a time. In other words, you can't just request to join every clan in the game, only the last request will be kept.

You may also cancel your request before it is accepted or denied.

Other Changes

-Clan Lock-in: There is no more clan lockout. However there is a clan lock-in, which means you must stay in your clan for at least 72 hours. Not even the clan founder can kick you out before then.

-News feed order: The news on your main page goes most recent first

-BAXX Turns graphics: some nostalgia for the oldbies, we put back in the graphics from the olden days on the Loot, Forage, Earn, and Scout pages. =)

-Validation off: the requirement for validation has been turned off on Turbo.

I might add more if I remember anything else.

Please remember that all new features in this round are in beta-mode, which means they have not been fully tested. If you find a glitch, it is YOUR responsibility to report it to the staff ASAP. This ensures that the round stays fun for every player. Thanks. =)

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Krowdon

Emperor Tracking is my new favorite thing. Thats just so neat.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Night Wolf

Umm the only think I can think of is awesome awesome AWESOME!

An Idea for the clan requests thing maybe if it wouldnt be to hard to add maybe make it possible for the clan officers to send requests to others to join the clan?
Just thought that would be neat...Would also make recruiting new players into a clan slightly easier

But these new changes are really awesome shael

Krowdon

Quote from: Night Wolf on February 26, 2011, 09:13:48 PM

An Idea for the clan requests thing maybe if it would be to hard to add maybe make it possible for the clanned officers to send requests to others to join?
Just thought that would be neat...Would also make recruiting new players into a clan easier

*stabs Wolfy* You're going to make it take longer!
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

The Lady Shael

Oh, I should also mention that the Emperor Tracking feature is turned off right now....I will probably have it set to turn on when we get about 15-20 players signed up.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Krowdon

Night Wolf

Quote from: Krowdon on February 26, 2011, 09:15:16 PM
Quote from: Night Wolf on February 26, 2011, 09:13:48 PM

An Idea for the clan requests thing maybe if it would be to hard to add maybe make it possible for the clanned officers to send requests to others to join?
Just thought that would be neat...Would also make recruiting new players into a clan easier

*stabs Wolfy* You're going to make it take longer!
I wasnt talking about right now. Just thought it might be neat for something in the future

Briar

I like the clan feature. It will prevent others from gaining access to clans but gaining the password in unsavory ways......
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

The Lady Shael

Secret feature #3 may be added during the round. ^.^

Firetooth

Sounds awesome.

Reigning emp's could have an emp. prefix?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

They'll already be very noticeable with a little crown next to their name. =)

Firetooth

I suppose, but Emperor Firetooth has a wonderful ring to it :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sevah

Hmm, as for the emperor thing.

What if someone is running turns and drops the networth temporarily to re make more? does the process start over? cos if so it'll take a huge lead and inactivity for the time. I suggest a 30 minute window should be allowed or the process would repeat over and over again without an emperor all round.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Gen. Volkov

Quote-Clan Lock-in: There is no more clan lockout. However there is a clan lock-in, which means you must stay in your clan for at least 72 hours. Not even the clan founder can kick you out before then.

Um... wasn't the clan lockout put in place because a lock-in made less sense?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

Sevz: That's true, the process would start all over again. Which is why it's good we're testing it on Turbo now, just for circumstances like these.

Truthfully though, you only need to stay in the top for the allotted time, and then you are allowed to drop out of first for that allotted time (without exceeding it) while still keeping Emperorship. So it's only the first time that's the hardest.

Gah, I could've sworn I set the time-to-emp to 48 hours. I need to look into that.

Volkov: You'll need to talk to Shadow or Holby for more details, but the lock-out time didn't fix the clan hopping problem. Not when clan leaders were allowed to kick members out.