Race Roulette and other new features

Started by The Lady Shael, February 26, 2011, 08:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

For the purposes of this round, I don't have a problem with that.

But when we move it to Reg, the times need to be much longer. I remember that someone would have to stay in the top spot for a week before they were declared an Emperor.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Genevieve

Quote from: The Lady Shael on March 02, 2011, 12:07:51 PM
He has to be out of first for 12 hours to lose his place as Emperor. London Look was just a couple hours from stealing it away!

:( I don't think I'm going to get another chance now. And the crown is so pretty!

Gen. Volkov

QuoteBut when we move it to Reg, the times need to be much longer. I remember that someone would have to stay in the top spot for a week before they were declared an Emperor.

Yup, generally it's 7 days to be crowned emp, though to really be considered an emp, you need to dominate the game, not just be in first by a couple mil NW.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Over at FAF they have little icons like the crown - they have a shield, a sword, and a map. The shield goes to the person with the most successful defenses at the time, the sword goes to most successful offenses, and the map goes to the most land. Would be cool to add those here as well.

Incidentally, I always thought it was 10 days to emp.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Should there be a rank requirement? Like an emperor drops below rank 5, they auto-lose the crown?

I'll work on implementing the 6-hour time to lose emperorship. On Reg, how long should it be? A better way to phrase it is, how long should the Emperor spend out of the top spot to lose emperorship status?

On the FaF icons...those are great ideas, I guess the only reason I'm hesitant is because they were FaF's ideas first....and I know they were open-source and that they're not even around anymore...I admit I don't have any valid reason besides prejudice.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Shadow

What exactly happened between FAF and RWL? They seem to hate each other, and nobody has been able or willing to tell me why...

It should be 6 hours on both reg and turbo to lose it, but I don't think a rank requirement is necessary. Maybe if they drop out of the top 10.

The Lady Shael

Honestly I don't ever want to go into detail on this subject, but it wasn't so much FaF. Mostly their administration, and their attitude towards the RWL staff. They loved toeing the line every chance they could, anything to get a rise out of the staff, mostly Retto.

Firetooth

I saw an old topic once here about Beatles hacking, and Freenhults once said in chat to me that wolf bite waa  bitter old man, so yeah, no great relationship between FAF and RQL.

I didn't like FAF. Not a great community imo, weird form of prom too.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

SiegeMaster

Gen. Volkov

QuoteOn the FaF icons...those are great ideas, I guess the only reason I'm hesitant is because they were FaF's ideas first....and I know they were open-source and that they're not even around anymore...I admit I don't have any valid reason besides prejudice.

They're still around. The site was down for awhile, I have no idea why, but it's back now.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

Okay, a couple changes:

-if the emperor is out of the first spot for 6 hours or more, they lose the emperorship.

-if the emperor drops out of the top 10, they lose the emperorship

Yellow Eyes

I like that Emporer Tax idea. That would add change up strategies tons. I'm not saying a huge tax, but I would say give the emperor the choice of what he wants to tax. I'd say a small number between 0 and 1, so it wouldn't mess up others too bad, and he only collects when people use turns. Also it could judge how he is as an emperor, taxing the people too high, and they have more incentive to go after him and knock him out. That might even be a fun turbo round, if the idea were to never get implemented into regular.

Shadow

Interesting. We could finally have a use for the "war tax" field on the turn report!

I think that would have to be turbo only, though. Tax like that on reg,.. meh.

Firetooth

I suppose you could introduce it on reg, but it'd have to take 2-3 days to become emperor, maybe? It'd defiently make reg more interesting.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

We've actually had rounds like that in the past. In the Pearls of Lutra round, and the Succeeding Emperor round, the Emperor was able to tax 0.01% of food and cash per turn. Which doesn't sound like a lot, but per /turn/ from everyone in the game adds up to a lot. We can try making the tax higher and see what happens. I'm not sure if we want it to be a regular part of the game on Reg.