Race balancing

Started by Shadow, February 09, 2011, 04:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Now that's a neat idea.  I'll have to spend some time thinking about how that could be implemented though.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sharptooh

Quote from: Shadow on February 16, 2011, 01:26:04 PM
Hey Juska,

don't worry, there will be plenty of time to test everything in turbo before we finalize any changes/new races.

New question everybody:

What should the race spells for farmer and casher be? Keeping in mind that since they will be relying on markets/tents/foragers they will porbably have poor leader defense.

Maybe you could have an ability that for every use allows you five turns in which workers don't leave even if your tax is at max, maybe it could be called 'inspire loyalty' or something?

Juska

Casher Spell:

PCI Boost. Call it War-Tax.

"You impose a war-tax on your subjects  increases revenues for the next X amount of turns or X amount of hours"

Make it a percentage bonus, like a +100% bonus to PCI. That way you have actually have skill in playing a casher in the first place for the spell to be effective. In addition, it probably would very easy to code into the game.

Or, if we are really worried about leader defense.

Vault:

"For the next X amount of hours it will be much harder for enemies to steal your money"

And then reduce steal returns to small very small amount and give the casher a leadership bonus vs. steals.

In the first spell I'd suggest making the needed ratio quite low and the loyalty costs low as well.

Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

I was thinking of something like vault, too. But I was thinking of making it a bit more random - something like, a steal/sack/poison done to you has a 50% chance of failing regardless of ratio. Might be overpowered, though, since someone could stack leaders on this race and then use it as a storehouse. Hrrmm.

Holby

Quote from: Shadow on February 17, 2011, 08:16:51 PM
Might be overpowered, though, since someone could stack leaders on this race and then use it as a storehouse. Hrrmm.
Make chance of successfully defending lower the higher the leader/land ratio? Too tricky?
I will not deleted this

Shadow

Yeah, at that point we are just overcomplicating the problem, I think.

Juska

I think that Wolves need to be nerfed.

Food is a huge tool, basically right now the reg top 10 is dominated by Wolves holding food net. I know races stats are changing, but the new Wolf still has the highest leadership and loyalty bonus of any race, plus it can create the most food.

Wolves should not have two bonuses of such magnitude. Stoats should be given a higher leadership bonus, they should be set up as the offensive leader race while Wolves are the food leader race and Martens the cash leader race.

Second question, why are there so few loyalty +/-'s in the new race system? Only five races have anything
Current Empires:

Shadow

After the market overhaul, I hope to give indy's an attack type that destroys (not steals) cash and food, but does not take land. I am thinking 2% per shot, reduced to (2/3)% if the target has defenses up. Have not yet decided if it should be standard only, but I think maybe it should be. It would work like sack, in that the more leaders the attacker has, the less effective it is.

This will make resource massing much more difficult, and put the destructive abilities of indy and leader about on par. Indy will be able to destroy less, but it also takes leaders longer to recover so that is fine.

This will server to raise market demand, since leaders will need troop defenses, and wolves won't be so indestructible anymore. Thoughts?

Juska

I'm not going to waste my turns standarding wolves to only destroy 2% (or .6666%) their food and not get any land for it. I'll just sack them.
Current Empires:

Shadow

sack takes at most 0.5%, and that only if you have 0 leaders. This would be anywhere from 1.5 to 4 times more powerful

But I suppose making a 3% unshielded 1% shielded food and cash destroying attack to match murder would work too.

Juska

Except I get to use that food.....

Make the standard troop assault equal to poison's current values.
Current Empires:

Shadow

Waaay too powerful. I was going to suggest nerfing poison down to 3%/1%