I demand

Started by Firetooth, September 20, 2010, 03:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

You watch this video. It's a great song and Wolf Snare and Blood wake (who's touring with this band doing backstage stuff) agree. It's only got 171 views, and it needs more. C'mon guys.
(Plus, the keyboardist/usual backing singer looks like Peter Petrelli. And the lead guitarist has a sick guitar.

Searching - Melodramus
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Twilight Shadow

Sorry whatever you post, I do not want to watch sorry

Shadow

Was it really necessary to post that, TS? Rhetorical question, please don't add more spam to the forums by answering me.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

I think they need a stylist.
I will not deleted this

Twilight Shadow

I would say there are definitely better bands out there.(which of course there always is...personal opinion). I would not say that he has a "sick guitar" or solo. And I agree with holby that they need a stylist. And probably have the music video lead more by vocals than instrumental. That is what I have to say but I personally am not going to listen to them, sorry.

On a side note, Shadow it is necessary since firetooth is my "want-a-be"(just kidding). But he must be jealous of my awesomeness since he took my prof pick and has quoted me, so that is why I posted it and firetooth understands more than you think.

The Obliterator

Still PM him we dont want to see it
As much as you think we do
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Firetooth

Agreed Oblit, but yes I am a TS wannabee :P
And TS, just cos they aren't mainstream dance cack doesn't mean they aren't talented. And the music video is direcyed by the petrelli look a like.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

Listened to first 30 seconds. Couldn't take any more. No offense Blood Wake, just not my sort of music.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Volk listen to less metal and more progressive.
But I am no fan of the vocalist, I really enjoyed the music beneath it.

Blood Wake

THE PROBLEM, is that this music video does not reflect the primary sound of Melodramus.

on their new album, 8 of 10 songs are their own form of progressive metal, one of them is a sick, softer jam, which they are filming a video for right now. and the other is Searching, the one song that has a DIFFERENT lead vocalist.

Volkov, I am happy about what you said because it proves my point entirely, I don't think anyone has had the heart to break it to Ted yet, but the song he sung on, wrote and chose as Melodramus's first music video is the absolute worst song for them to release as their first official music video. I think it's a very poor business move.

If I had never heard Melodramus before and I watched the Searching video, I too would have turned it off after 30 seconds.

THIS is Melodramus

VIRTUAL HAPPINESS MACHINE

sounds much better on the album. but this live performance is still quite good. also, this was a year ago. nowadays they are sponsored by Digitech and their live sound quality is much better.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: FiretoothVolk listen to less metal and more progressive.

I do listen to progressive, but that video did not sound like progressive to me. It just sounded whiny.

QuoteBut I am no fan of the vocalist, I really enjoyed the music beneath it.

The vocalist usually defines the music for me. Band can have the sickest guitar player in the world, and ruin it with crappy vocals.

Quote from: Blood Wake
sounds much better on the album. but this live performance is still quite good. also, this was a year ago. nowadays they are sponsored by Digitech and their live sound quality is much better.

Well, given the sound quality, it's sounds alright. I can't give a real thumbs up or thumbs down, because the sound quality is pretty bad, to be honest. I can't really make out the vocals, or the guitar. It's mostly the drums that I am hearing. I'd like to hear the album version.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Blood Wake

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/melodramus2

Just buy the album at that link, if for some CrAAAzy reason you don't like it. I'll give you twenty bucks when we come through your town and I hook you up with backstage passes.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Gen. Volkov

QuoteJust buy the album at that link, if for some CrAAAzy reason you don't like it. I'll give you twenty bucks when we come through your town and I hook you up with backstage passes.

LOL, it's a deal. Do let me know if you ever come near South Bend.

David

No offense meant, but I watched a minute of it and turned it off.

The dude is WAY to mellow tone to be a lead singer.  The band just isn't my type of thing I guess.

Blood Wake

Read my first reply, David

h