Reg Reset

Started by The Lady Shael, September 12, 2010, 05:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Tentative date: October 9th.

What would you like to see fixed before the Regular server reset?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Juska

Standard attacks should capture buildings.

Also, look at the city capture code, at least change the message you see when you successfully capture one, right now it doesn't really read in English.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Stella Cadente

I would like turns to be stopped once you run out of food/cash.  Seeing 3% of your army be destroyed 26 times is quite discouraging. =(

Holby

Quote from: Stella Cadente on September 13, 2010, 08:43:27 PM
I would like turns to be stopped once you run out of food/cash.  Seeing 3% of your army be destroyed 26 times is quite discouraging. =(
I thought it already did that? With the exception of building.
I will not deleted this

Juska

3%ing yourself can actually be incredibly useful, sorta a pita to have the f5 every turn.....
Current Empires:

Stella Cadente

Quote from: Holby on September 13, 2010, 10:17:44 PM
Quote from: Stella Cadente on September 13, 2010, 08:43:27 PM
I thought it already did that? With the exception of building.

Nope. Still does it when I forget to look and run spells...

Gorak

try paying attention
I usually notice and stop after the 2nd or 3rd time I 3% myself :D
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Stella Cadente

except when you run 25 spells at once...

Shadow

building doesn't stop it either, because of the way building code is done (all buildings are made on the first turn and then it runs the number of required to finish)
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Juska: Standard attacks no longer capture buildings? And thanks for the tip about the city capture message, I knew there were a lot of bugs with cities, just weren't sure where they were. I'll make a note.

Stella: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I think someone mentioned it a long time ago and it was forgotten. Hopefully we can fix it in time for the reset.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Juska

I don't know if it's an intentional feature or a bug, but in the code that RWL is based on and every other Prom. code standard attacks also capture some of the buildings on the land taken.

Right now if I standard so and so and take 1k land, I get 1k unused acres of land just like every other attack type.

A feature of standard attack from the original codes was that a small amount of that land (like 10-25%) would be returned to you intact. So if I attack so and so with a standard and so and so has all his land in huts I might capture 100-250 huts and not need to spend turns building them. I don't know exactly what the original code has it set at, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find.

Personally, I think it's a feature that should remain intact. I don't know maybe it was intentionally gotten rid of when the extra level of attack types got put into the game or it was accidentally gotten rid of.
Current Empires:

Twilight Shadow

So if I am understanding this correctly, you want the indy strat to have an even higher advantage in the game over the leader strat?

Firetooth

TS, you're (as usual) wrong.
Leader is the strat that is too powerful. More power to the indies, I say.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Juska is right. It used to be like that, I think it got lost in all of the changes to the attach system over the last year and a bit. If it can be put back in it should be.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

Quote from: Shadow on September 21, 2010, 04:47:11 PM
Juska is right. It used to be like that, I think it got lost in all of the changes to the attach system over the last year and a bit. If it can be put back in it should be.
Agreed.
I will not deleted this