Blackberry
1 (7.1%)
other
1 (7.1%)
just a crappy phone....=(
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 13

The Lady Shael

Just curious. =) I recently got an iphone...but I was on the fence between that or an Android. Eventually I went with iphone so I didn't have to switch plans. Someday I'll get an Android.

The answers of this poll could also influence the existence of a RWL app....
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

I remember when just having a mobie was cool.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Quote from: The Lady Shael on August 30, 2010, 08:11:44 AM
Just curious. =) I recently got an iphone...but I was on the fence between that or an Android. Eventually I went with iphone so I didn't have to switch plans. Someday I'll get an Android.

The answers of this poll could also influence the existence of a RWL app....

Just a plain old mobile phone

As long as it texts and rings people I don't care, I don't really want to pay over £200 for a miniature laptop that can ring people, especially when it's outdated every 1-12 months

On mobile OSes, if I did ever get a smarthphone I'd probably look for something with WebOS or Bada installed, iPhone's are outdated to quickly (And they're too expensive for my liking) and Android is meh, they're OS is also pretty fragmented.

Anyway rant over, sorry about that

Holby

Quote from: Firetooth on August 30, 2010, 01:14:09 PM
I remember when just having a mobie was cool.
I remember before you were born.
I will not deleted this

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Twilight Shadow

I am smart does that mean i should have one? ;)

Gorak

I don't carry a cell
phone my house, if I'm not home, leave a message
I don't want or need people phoning me all the time.

Got annoyed with people calling me to give me a bloody status update on what their doing that I don't care about.
those call's cost me money darnit!

now I either leave my phone at home, or keep it off, and only a select very few have the number.

It's an old Razr 2 built outta spare parts
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

windhound

Quote from: Sharptooh on August 30, 2010, 02:34:42 PM
On mobile OSes, if I did ever get a smarthphone I'd probably look for something with WebOS or Bada installed, iPhone's are outdated to quickly (And they're too expensive for my liking) and Android is meh, they're OS is also pretty fragmented.

Hm?  There's nothing fragmented about Andriod.  Different carriers are allowed to (and do) add their own flavor to it, but otherwise its rather whole.  Its Google's mobile OS, they develop and release it.
The iPhone...  I'm not sure why you'd worry about it being outdated quickly.  If you had that worry you'd never buy a computer.  I bought a Lenovo S10 netbook, gets ~3hr battery life.  A few months later the new EEE is getting 14hrs battery life (?!).  But!  The S10 does a good job at what I bought it for and I'm happy with it.  Unless you just -have- to have the latest in Shiney you buy when you're ready, with the understanding that the next gen will be better.

Anyways, WebOS was Palm's...  and Palm got eaten by HP.  Be curious to see what they do with it
I'd go Andriod before Bada myself, Google would seem a better choice for usable software development over a hardware manuf. like Samsung.  But hey, it could be nice.  I suspect the Andriod and iPhone will have more active app stores though, if that matters to you.

I just have a simple Samsung slider phone through Tracfone.  Sooo much cheaper than a smart phone with voice + data plan, plus I can throw the phone in my pocket without worrying about it ^_^  's a little battered, but I can read the screen and calls still work fine.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Sharptooh

Quote from: windhound on September 02, 2010, 11:24:02 PM
Hm?  There's nothing fragmented about Andriod.  Different carriers are allowed to (and do) add their own flavor to it, but otherwise its rather whole.

http://techcrunch.com/2009/10/11/a-chink-in-androids-armor/
http://tctechcrunch.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/androidstats.jpg
http://tctechcrunch.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/androidbreakdown.png

If that's not fragmented I don't know what is, what's worse is it makes developing apps for android harder

I don't mind the different flavours carriers add, but from a development prospective lots of different version is a pain (although I suppose web development is really the same)

The iPhone...  I'm not sure why you'd worry about it being outdated quickly.  If you had that worry you'd never buy a computer.  I bought a Lenovo S10 netbook, gets ~3hr battery life.  A few months later the new EEE is getting 14hrs battery life (?!).  But!  The S10 does a good job at what I bought it for and I'm happy with it.

You can upgrade a laptop's software (e.g. I run Ubuntu) where as free OS upgrades for the Iphone aren't guaranteed, iOS 4 was only available to generation 3 & 4 iPhones

Anyways, WebOS was Palm's...  and Palm got eaten by HP.  Be curious to see what they do with it

Hopefully they'll make an awesome tablet using Palm's Technology . . .hopefully

I'd go Andriod before Bada myself, Google would seem a better choice for usable software development over a hardware manuf. like Samsung.  But hey, it could be nice.  I suspect the Andriod and iPhone will have more active app stores though, if that matters to you.

I'm not a big google fan  :P

I just have a simple Samsung slider phone through Tracfone.  Sooo much cheaper than a smart phone with voice + data plan, plus I can throw the phone in my pocket without worrying about it ^_^  's a little battered, but I can read the screen and calls still work fine.

I've got a smasung slider too, much cheaper than a smartphone, and I'd bet it's a lot more durable too  :)

Juska

I agree with you Gorak, although I don't like home phones because no one important ever calls them. The best thing about cell phones is that you can turn them off. They are very useful though. I'm rather anti-smart phone, we are getting to the point where random encounters are seldom and knowledge is cheapened and reality is being seen through tech lenses, not the world I'd like to live in.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Holby

Quote from: Juska on September 13, 2010, 04:02:15 PM
we are getting to the point where random encounters are seldom and knowledge is cheapened and reality is being seen through tech lenses, not the world I'd like to live in.
::)

Off you go, back to the stone age.
I will not deleted this

Gorak

although I don't like home phones because no one important ever calls them. The best thing about cell phones is that you can turn them off.

here in Canada, cell plans are quite expensive, it's much cheaper to have a land line and use my cell as little as possible, then to only have a cell.
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Peace Alliance

I'm dissatisfied with my blackberry and want to get an Iphone... Especially if it could work as my cars GPS

Holby

Quote from: Gorak on September 13, 2010, 08:57:50 PM
although I don't like home phones because no one important ever calls them. The best thing about cell phones is that you can turn them off.

here in Canada, cell plans are quite expensive, it's much cheaper to have a land line and use my cell as little as possible, then to only have a cell.
That's interesting.

in Australia, renting a landline costs $30 a month. Plus any phone calls. Mobiles are much cheaper.
I will not deleted this

The Obliterator

Unless you use your parents land line
Still there is no option for if you don't have a mobile phone
I don't have one yet and I'm not planning on getting one until i absolutely need one
It's just an extra cost for me that i don't need
Some people i know have them just so they look cool i just don't see how wasting money is cool
And yes i know some pretty shallow people
Anyway rant over does anyone else not have one?
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better