Forced-clan storehouse

Started by The Lady Shael, August 30, 2010, 07:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Welcome to Redwall:Warlords!

The theme for this round is Storehouse. Everyone is divided into four locked clans: Air, Water, Earth, and Fire (any resemblance to an anime-style TV series is purely coincidental).

Each clan has a storehouse, into which they may deposit resources. Every day, the goods in the storehouse are increased by a small percentage (5%). A week before the reset (subject to change), the goods are divided among the clan members.

Clan leaders will be voted on. Voting will end on September 5th.

Frequently Asked Questions:

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=9521.0

If this is your first time playing, do not be afraid to ask one of the higher players for help, or ask for help on the forums. =) Everyone here is more than happy to help a new player (or an old player who is lost =p).

Have fun!

-The RWL Staff

------------------------

There might be some bugs in this round, even though we've had this theme before. We're testing some new features from the admin side, which makes themes easier to implement and in some cases automated. Ultimately this is for your benefit so you won't have to wait around for admins to do something. =)

If you find a bug, please message me or post on the forums and let me know ASAP, and give me as many details as you can about the error. Please do NOT exploit the bug. Exploiting bugs in this game will result in a disabling for the entire round. I know you're trying to get my attention, but I'd rather you spam my inbox than ruin the game for others. Consider this your first and only warning. This policy holds true for ALL future rounds.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Lady Shael

I'm curious....what kind of storehouse features are you guys interested in seeing?

-able to store leaders?
-allow clan leaders to push the Distribute button (only once) at convenience?
-text on Storehouse page with stats that say "If we distributed today, each member would get..."

Remember, members eligible for receiving distributed goods have to be out of protection and out of vacation (and obviously not dead or disabled).

Also....every time we hold this round I'm always surprised by how long it takes for people to start storing stuff. Just by having stuff in the storehouse, you get FREE stuff. Even if you don't want to put too much, every little bit helps. It all adds up over time.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Firetooth

Able to store leaders would be interesting but exploitable.
I like the third idea saying if we distrubuted today we would get...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Twilight Shadow

I like the third one to distribute a certain amount when the leader chooses but leaders would suck because you would recieve them and then lose them because you have too much.

Twilight Shadow

Bug on the storehouse tab no way to store i posted a topic in bug called storehouse if anyone is struggling with it

Night Wolf

Quote from: Firetooth on August 31, 2010, 12:03:44 PM
Able to store leaders would be interesting but exploitable.

Wouldnt it be somewhat of a waste as well? Seeing as everything is split up evenly when its distributed  ur indys would receive the leaders as well kinda wasting em lol? but I agree it would be interesting.

The Lady Shael

Actually that's the reason we have never included leaders in a storehouse round before, because they would have been wasted away. Just letting you guys know the option is out there.

How about another stat box that displays the total networth of all your clan's storehouse items? It wouldn't really define a clan "winner" at the end, but it'd be interesting to see the ranking.

Juska

Good idea Shael. The more stats, ways to track etc. the better, gives a bigger incentive to play.

Storing leaders wouldn't be totally worthless as long as no one ran turns once the store got split. Would be nice to know I'm not going to watch my hard work get 1%'d after the split.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Juska

Sorry for the double post, but anyway there could stats showing what each individual player contributed in sum to the clan storehouse?

Also, the networth statistic is broken.
Current Empires:

Twilight Shadow

Yep its broken. So you want stats of how much each individual in the clan has put into the total amount of the storehouse, Correct?

The Lady Shael

Can you be more specific other than "it's broken"? Formula, mathematical proof, etc...

Just kidding about the proof.

Unfortunately as it stands it's impossible to determine who contributed what. In several days I could code a storehouse log, which I was thinking about earlier, but it wouldn't include goods that are already in the storehouse. If you guys still want me to do it I will.

Wolf Snare

i think turns stopped on turbo
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Juska

A storehouse log would still be interesting, even if it won't count what's already there.

Also, dunno if this has been mentioned, but where is the log out function for turbo?

As for how the storehouse net calculator is broken right now ours reads: $1,559,762 when total networth is really around 190 mil.

I don't even have a guess to how it's showing what it's showing.
Current Empires:

Twilight Shadow

Log-out is in the top right corner above your personal networth

The Lady Shael

Even more helpful would be if anyone could actually give a specific example of what the real networth value is supposed to be, so I can compare it to the one I have in the code.