Dirty Harry

Started by Gen. Volkov, July 25, 2010, 02:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you tired of the Dirty Harry persona?

Yes
3 (25%)
No
7 (58.3%)
Other
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Gen. Volkov

QuoteNo No, we are just arguing about who broke the initial lock. That was all Lucy. The formation of Burn kept it broken, certainly, as we knew we would not be able to keep up the lock as we had been with active indiers in play. So you did play a part, just not the part you are claiming.

LOL, alright, it's not important enough the argue about anyway.

QuoteAnd yes, I know, I hate to admit being outplayed ^_^ I'll give you that. To be honest my loss of interest was the result of some twit taking me to my city repeatedly for no reason other than to annoy me.

Heh, understandable.

QuoteAnyway, you're right, I need to stop arguing this. We lost, either way, so well done to Burn

You did well too. Good round.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Off topic guys...
I love Harry, what a legend, the way he sticks up to everyone with his magnum, I wanna be like him...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

-Vektor-

Quote from: Dirty Harry on July 28, 2010, 02:58:53 AM
Are you talking about vektor? The one that sat around all round and did nothing but steal from an indy till somebody else came along to free the land for him? That one?

What the heck?
For the first two weeks I was the only player who stayed within range of Shadow, biding my time until a competent indy came along, as I knew they eventually would. Shadow was no threat to me at the time...I could easily  have clanned and destroyed him in a single run, by myself, if things started getting to out of hand (Not intending to take a shot at Shadow, he's a great player...just stating the facts... I was a stoat, could easily have suicided, academied back up, clanned and destroyed with murders + poisons).
However he had done nothing to me at the time, and I was still getting reasonable land each run, so there was no need.

I stole a bit of cash from you twice, because you kept knocking me to 4k land. You should also learn to raise defences.

Lucy came along and broke the lock in a single run out of protection I believe, so yeah the credit for that goes completely to Gen, very well done. Shortly after I formed Burn with Volk, switched to Rat, and proceeded with producing at least twice the amount of troops per run than you seemed capable of.

To say I sat around and did nothing all round is a ridiculous statement. I expect what you really meant to say was, well done, you were the best.

# Sorry for offtopic post.

Shadow

Haha this is all true. I  wondered why I never got market thefted ^_^. Who are you anyway?

Also, Harry is great and should stay in character forever.

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Holby

This thread is quite bizarre. (But Harry is awesome.)
I will not deleted this

Firetooth

Quote from: -Vektor- on July 29, 2010, 04:54:57 AM
Quote from: Dirty Harry on July 28, 2010, 02:58:53 AM
Are you talking about vektor? The one that sat around all round and did nothing but steal from an indy till somebody else came along to free the land for him? That one?

What the heck?
For the first two weeks I was the only player who stayed within range of Shadow, biding my time until a competent indy came along, as I knew they eventually would. Shadow was no threat to me at the time...I could easily  have clanned and destroyed him in a single run, by myself, if things started getting to out of hand (Not intending to take a shot at Shadow, he's a great player...just stating the facts... I was a stoat, could easily have suicided, academied back up, clanned and destroyed with murders + poisons).
However he had done nothing to me at the time, and I was still getting reasonable land each run, so there was no need.

I stole a bit of cash from you twice, because you kept knocking me to 4k land. You should also learn to raise defences.

Lucy came along and broke the lock in a single run out of protection I believe, so yeah the credit for that goes completely to Gen, very well done. Shortly after I formed Burn with Volk, switched to Rat, and proceeded with producing at least twice the amount of troops per run than you seemed capable of.

To say I sat around and did nothing all round is a ridiculous statement. I expect what you really meant to say was, well done, you were the best.

# Sorry for offtopic post.
Harry is the hyde to my jekyl, basically my other account, just to clarify.
Most of that just seems like talk and nothing less. Apologies if I am misrepresenting your ability, but I saw you do nothing against Shadow, and I saw you openly complain about the lack of land but do nothing to prevent it.
And no, I made plenty of troops. You just had more then one warlord to offload to. Team indy is not difficult at all, all you need is two people to offload in your net range, and I had neither (for most the second half I didn't even have a clan mate!). In my last 2 runs when I actually had a clan member in range, I made quite a few weasels, I'd be surprised if me or Shadow doesn't have most weasels in the immort.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Vouch for that. There were plenty of troops floating around, the only reason I usually just had guards was because we were so uncoordinated in our aids back and forth.

-Vektor-

Quote from: Firetooth on July 29, 2010, 09:46:35 AM
Most of that just seems like talk and nothing less. Apologies if I am misrepresenting your ability, but I saw you do nothing against Shadow, and I saw you openly complain about the lack of land but do nothing to prevent it.
And no, I made plenty of troops. You just had more then one warlord to offload to. Team indy is not difficult at all, all you need is two people to offload in your net range, and I had neither (for most the second half I didn't even have a clan mate!). In my last 2 runs when I actually had a clan member in range, I made quite a few weasels, I'd be surprised if me or Shadow doesn't have most weasels in the immort.

Just talk?

Eh, from early on I knew we just needed an indy to mass some troops for the break Shadow (or I could take him down with leaders as mentioned, but that was a last resort against someone who had done nothing against me)...my food massing was going pretty awesome considering the land I had available, and I feel more in control as a leaderer, so I decided to try and enlist someone else to do the indying for me...First I tried Morawrath, but even with my attempts at teaching he just did not have a clue. Then Star-wolf, but he went away for a few days after I got him to switch to rat.
By the time I gave up on that idea and started talking with Volk about teaming up, Gen turned up and solved the problem.

In hindsight I should have switched to indy and clanned with  Volk early on.

If you're going to assume I'm all talk because you didn't see me damage Shadow, then I'm going to assume you're a sub-par indy on the evidence that I didn't see you produce many troops.

Dirty Harry

Quote from: -Vektor- on July 29, 2010, 10:31:07 AM
Quote from: Firetooth on July 29, 2010, 09:46:35 AM

Just talk?

Eh, from early on I knew we just needed an indy to mass some troops for the break Shadow (or I could take him down with leaders as mentioned, but that was a last resort against someone who had done nothing against me)...my food massing was going pretty awesome considering the land I had available, and I feel more in control as a leaderer, so I decided to try and enlist someone else to do the indying for me...First I tried Morawrath, but even with my attempts at teaching he just did not have a clue. Then Star-wolf, but he went away for a few days after I got him to switch to rat.
By the time I gave up on that idea and started talking with Volk about teaming up, Gen turned up and solved the problem.

In hindsight I should have switched to indy and clanned with  Volk early on.

If you're going to assume I'm all talk because you didn't see me damage Shadow, then I'm going to assume you're a sub-par indy on the evidence that I didn't see you produce many troops.
Fair play, but I never said you were all talk, just that saying something and doing is different. Anybody competent can do a clanned takedown with enough resources and the right conditions, what's different is stepping up to that and making yourself open to retal, instead of just saying "I could."
Spa Regulator.

"Go ahead, make my day."

Shadow

I think you should have done the takedown. We just recently changed the machanics of how leaders work, so it would have been a really interesting test of the new setup.

Wolf Snare

I've used atk op and such since, everything seems to work fairly well as far as I could tell.

Also Shadow, the reason you didn't get thefted is bc the fix was coded in.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Twilight Shadow

Dirty harry is a joke