Turbo Theme Contest

Started by The Lady Shael, June 14, 2010, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Hi RWLers!

Have you ever wished you could be a part of the RWL development team? Here is your chance!

The Contest:
Come up with an idea for a Turbo theme, and the winning idea will be implemented for August's Turbo round! Please be sure to follow the guidelines below.

The Guidelines:
-you may post your ideas in this topic, or submit them through private message to The Lady Shael
-you may only submit one idea
-try not to make your theme too complicated...(Shael has to code this in a month!) Preferably an idea that won't take too long to test either.
-it cannot be a theme previously implemented for Turbo (duh)
-it cannot be a theme previously suggested for Turbo (as formally suggested on the forums)

The Selection Process:
When the deadline passes for submissions, the staff will post a poll with the submitted themes. Members will vote on their favorite theme. The staff will have the final verdict when it comes to the winning theme, but the poll results will significantly affect our decision.

The Deadline:
The deadline for submitting theme ideas is June 23. The poll will be set up the next day, and the deadline for submitting your vote will be June 30.

See here for examples of themes we have had in the past:
http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=8534.0

Good luck!
-The RWL Staff
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Vargarth

My Idea is This:

At the beginning of the round, the admins secretly pick a warlord number. Example: #7. This player gets a huge advantage, but his ( or her) net is hidden so the other players do not know. This person has a power called terrorize ( It kill a percentage of the opponent's troops) the only disadvantage this emperor has is that he or she can not see who is attacking them. He or she also collects taxes with out the player base knowing. The tax rate can be set from- 1% to 20%. Will you find this mega emp. and befriend him or her or will you fight for your freedom?

This is my basic outline. It may be changed up to the 23 of june.
Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!

Daryn

Three teams: Cluny, Battlements, Abbey

Cluny's Army:
Goal: Kill all Abbey

Battlements: One account?
Land can be dropped down from Abbey to Battlements.
When battlement is still on, Abbey team gets a boost in defense.

Abbey:
Destroy Cluny's army.

>Admins can randomly drop in an account that will benefit one group or the other like battering rams, reinforced gates, etc... The opposite team must destroy those items to stop the benefits.
Pies.

Vargarth

Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!

Twilight Shadow

Who are all the admins and mods that are going to be here and play for this round? To see if I should post my idea!

Firetooth

Two words.
RACE LADDER.

If nobody remembers that most epic round, leave the thread.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Daryn

Oh wow. I loved that round. We kept on changing to better races, right?
Pies.

Firetooth

Quote from: Daryn on June 20, 2010, 09:35:19 AM
Oh wow. I loved that round. We kept on changing to better races, right?
That's the one. Snap, also loved it :D
Plus it'd be great to test goldmine or academy with an uber race
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Why not combine race ladder with custon races? Each advancement, you get 10 more points to allocate to your custon race as you see fit.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on June 21, 2010, 01:01:48 PM
Why not combine race ladder with custon races? Each advancement, you get 10 more points to allocate to your custon race as you see fit.
Good idea, as I remember in the end race ladder was waaaay OP, so this way you could still make a generally stronger race.
How would spells be allocated? Would you just pick a race at the begining and build up from there? Also, how would negatives be applied to balance the race?

Shadow

Haven't thought it out so much yet... was thinking everyone starts at 0 everything, and you can add or subtract 10 points each advancement. That is, after you are done, your new race differs in total points allocated by 10. Negatives and positives are added the same way.

ie,

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 has a 0 bonus
0 -10 0 0 0 0 10 has a 20 pt bonus

spells could be assigned differently for each level as it was last time.

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on June 21, 2010, 01:35:15 PM
Haven't thought it out so much yet... was thinking everyone starts at 0 everything, and you can add or subtract 10 points each advancement. That is, after you are done, your new race differs in total points allocated by 10. Negatives and positives are added the same way.

ie,

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 has a 0 bonus
0 -10 0 0 0 0 10 has a 20 pt bonus

spells could be assigned differently for each level as it was last time.
Makes sense, but I also think a cap to be placed on how much that could be put in one category would be wise.

Shadow

no more than + or - 40, I would say, but that might have to depend on category as well.

Twilight Shadow

Battle for Salamandastron.

Admins and Mods team up to gather clan LP(Long Patrol) or whatever they want to be called. Depending how many are playing they, meaning admins and mods, can choose 3-6 players to join their clan. And they have to be clanned  in the round, all of them. I think the clan could be 7-10 warlords large(could change depending on what you want)
One Admin or mod gets to be a badger. The rest are hares just like in the books.

All the other players can be three different races. For example, searat, otter, and ferret(have one for leader, one Indy and balanced) can be changed at admins will.

Whatever clan  can take down the clan LP or whatever becomes the new clan to take down if it happens.  And the player that takes down the badger takes his spot in the clan and becomes a badger.

The player to take down a hare takes there spot in the clan and becomes a hare. Any person that dies in the clan without own sacrifice becomes part of all the other players and not part of the clan until they kill someone.

A hare CANNOT take down the badger since he or she is the badger and is never taken down by his fellow hares.

All players start like they regularly do but can clan up later to team up and take down thee clan.

Shadow

Try to come up with themes that don't depend on certain people playing certain roles. (ie mods, admins). You are not guaranteed activity from anyone, so it's best to keep the ideas general.