Turbo Theme Contest

Started by The Lady Shael, June 14, 2010, 08:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twilight Shadow

Quote from: Shadow on June 23, 2010, 06:18:27 PM
Try to come up with themes that don't depend on certain people playing certain roles. (ie mods, admins). You are not guaranteed activity from anyone, so it's best to keep the ideas general.

Battle for Salamandastron.

Randomly selected players team up to gather clan LP(Long Patrol)   And they have to be clanned  in the round, all of them. I think the clan could be 7-10 warlords large(could change depending on what you want)
One player gets to be a badger. The rest are hares just like in the books.
Clan made by admin or can be created by player like an amazing player that could lead the clan correctly and they will be the badger, I suggest admin aka Shael set it up and something like(#4,6 8,10,12,14,16,18,20) these numbers for entrance in game will be part of the clan(randomly selected then since you can't predict who or what number you will be.

All the other players can be three different races. For example, searat, otter, and ferret(have one for leader, one Indy and balanced) can be changed at admins will.

Whatever clan  can take down the clan LP or whatever becomes the new clan to take down if it happens.  And the player that takes down the badger takes his spot in the clan and becomes a badger.

The player to take down a hare takes their spot in the clan and becomes a hare. Any person that dies in the clan without own sacrifice becomes part of all the other regular players and not part of the clan until they kill someone.

A hare CANNOT take down the badger since he or she is the badger and is never taken down by his fellow hares.

All players start like they regularly do but can clan up later to team up and take down thee clan.

Happy now shadow or do you suggest something else too...

Shadow

No need to be a smartass. There was nothing wrong with your idea, just that you had specific people in specific roles. Yeesh.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

QuoteAdmins and Mods team up to gather clan LP(Long Patrol) or whatever they want to be called. Depending how many are playing they, meaning admins and mods, can choose 3-6 players to join their clan. And they have to be clanned  in the round, all of them. I think the clan could be 7-10 warlords large(could change depending on what you want)

This sounds a lot like what Fair Maiden did in reg. We have 3 mods (Holby, Shadow, Wolf Snare), 2 admins(windy, Peace Alliance), and 4 or 5 of the best players in the game. Do you really want that in Turbo? LOL. Random sounds a lot better.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on June 24, 2010, 03:20:52 PM
QuoteAdmins and Mods team up to gather clan LP(Long Patrol) or whatever they want to be called. Depending how many are playing they, meaning admins and mods, can choose 3-6 players to join their clan. And they have to be clanned  in the round, all of them. I think the clan could be 7-10 warlords large(could change depending on what you want)

This sounds a lot like what Fair Maiden did in reg. We have 3 mods (Holby, Shadow, Wolf Snare), 2 admins(windy, Peace Alliance), and 4 or 5 of the best players in the game. Do you really want that in Turbo? LOL. Random sounds a lot better.
Hush, that's proof they're sub-consciously enjoying the fairmaiden regime in reg ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Twilight Shadow

That does sound fun when you look at it that way.
That is not the reason I posted it but could work. ;)
It might bring people from reg whom normally dont play turbo.

And yes I am enjoying their pathetic achievement ::)

Firetooth

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on June 24, 2010, 04:45:54 PM

And yes I am enjoying their pathetic achievement ::)
I wouldn't call overtaking the entire server with any of the 1billion attempted resistance plots failing pathetic ;)
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Twilight Shadow

To bad they are not failing pathetically or personally I am not since I have done damage :P

Firetooth

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on June 24, 2010, 04:51:49 PM
To bad they are not failing pathetically or personally I am not since I have done damage :P
Any damage you will have done is equivalent to hitting the pentagon with a pillow. ;)
But we're straying off topic, this should be about themes.

Twilight Shadow

Well i made a great one and I recommend it to be thought of when the vote comes around and race ladder is NOT a new theme it is a previously used one :P

The Lady Shael

Hey guys, I'm gonna extend this to the end of the week (Saturday the 26th) to give the rest of you more time to submit ideas (and so I have more time to get them together). If you're not on the RWL staff, you are eligible to submit an idea! It doesn't even have to be anything complicated, keep in mind some of our popular themes only involve removing an option (like Clans or Leaders) or changing one value (health lost when attacking).

Of course, I'm not saying to not develop your themes, because it does make it more interesting. =) But it's all up to what YOU think the majority of the players here will like.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ungatt Trunn II

I don't know enough about the code or Turbo in general, but I think a realism theme would be cool. Not sure how'd it'd be implemented exactly... But have the necessary changes that would make it like any real war. Alliances are crucial, attacking has more ill effects, counter attacking someone would have great bonus due to troop morale, and attacking just for the sake of land would be practically counter productive (like in real life).

Yeah... vague, oh well...
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: Twilight ShadowTo bad they are not failing pathetically or personally I am not since I have done damage

Have you 1) broken Holby, 2) done anything at all to Holby, or 3) done anything at all to any of the top net holders? No? Didn't think so. We aren't the pathetic ones my friend. Holbs is on track to break 100 billion net. That is far and away the highest net total in reg ever.

Quote from: FiretoothHush, that's proof they're sub-consciously enjoying the fairmaiden regime in reg

LOL, I think you are right.

Oh, and as for a theme... we've had a Communism theme, how about a WW2 theme? People are divided in several different clans, some are permanently allied with each other, others are permanently at war. We have a few independents. The troop names are changed to soldiers, tanks, etc. Different groups of clans have different advantages, like the Allies get a bonus to production, the Axis gets a bonus to technology(spells for our purposes). It'll require some balancing, but I think it could be interesting. I proposed this long ago actually, but no one paid any real attention at the time. Non-active coders kind of made me give up on making suggestions to the game.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Obliterator

I really like volkov's idea.

My idea was have a round where we power up foragers and markets.
Also have an option to aid leaders and have clans boost production for the people in the clan by about 10% for every person in the clan.
That might be over powered but we coulg change that around.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

I like Volk's idea.

Ungatt's is neat too, but I think we need more specifics ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Vargarth

Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!