Turbo Beta

Started by The Lady Shael, June 06, 2010, 06:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Hey guys, I'll post an ongoing list in this topic of the changes we make to Turbo this round. You can also ask questions about changes.

-fixed menu bar
-fixed open attack op (there may still be a bug with this)
-fixed selling food through mercs
-added new Espionage archive system
-suicide fix for Leader Attack
-main and logout buttons fixed
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Can we have details on the suicide fix?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

print "...and you fail to succeed against your enemy's $eera[wizards]!<br />";

$ratio = $enemy[wizards]/$users[wizards];

$uloss = mt_rand(0,round($users[wizards] * 0.10 + 1));

$eloss = mt_rand(0,round($enemy[wizards] * 0.03 + 1));

$eloss = floor($eloss/$ratio);

if ($uloss > $users[wizards])   

$uloss = $users[wizards];

The Obliterator

For those of us who are not very competent could you please explain the code for us.
I only know a bit of Java
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

Enemy losses are divided by the ratio of enemy wizards over your wizards. If you enemy has significantly more wizards then you, they don't lose very much. On the other hand, if the attacker has way more than the defender, the defender could lose a ton. That's not good. We need a cap on losses as well, then it will be fine.

The Lady Shael

Hey, I'm kinda disappointed there isn't more clan activity. =/ The new espionage system has a really cool clan sharing option that I haven't been able to see in action yet.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

The Duke

Quote from: The Lady Shael on June 10, 2010, 10:04:21 PM
Hey, I'm kinda disappointed there isn't more clan activity. =/ The new espionage system has a really cool clan sharing option that I haven't been able to see in action yet.
why would we possibly want to clan when opening an attack op costs you 72m leaders?

btway
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home1/redwallw/public_html/turbo/header.php  on line 102

The Lady Shael

We modified open atk op, it shouldn't be as bad now.

Peace Alliance

The Duke, when you get those errors, refresh the page and see if that fixes things.

Sevz

Quote from: Peace Alliance on June 11, 2010, 08:20:48 AM
The Duke, when you get those errors, refresh the page and see if that fixes things.

I understand that you're passive PA, saying that is like your saying attack with 1million skiffs and if it fails try with 500k. The errors in this round are painful but I see potential. Word is Shadow's got a test server, i gotta teach that n00b a few tricks to the code so he can post a good balance in the admin forums. No offense Shadow, there's things ya just can't learn at basic games like redwall faf and valhall.

Next month should be the first round that redwall is near a semi-professional level. Don't ignore me admins, i create strategies to server turn rates and race attributes. I can offer a great deal of assistance towards balancing.

Sack and capture tuned down, 50% more loss to open attack ops, +10 initial strikes against hitlimit (31starter, 1ph)
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Peace Alliance

- The errors are usually because we're fixing something live... Something that happens with beta.
- I don't know what you mean about me being passive.
- Balancing happens over time, Sevs. We appreciate your comments. There are a lot of little things to be done to tweak the game into perfection. One day...

Sack and capture are about to be changed

Sevz

Since you're passive you haven't lost all your leaders opening attack ops when you've got 100 bil cash and 200turns left. (for example)

Balancing the game happens over time. After my +12 years of experience i can fast track your progress. Put me being a smart mouthed chump aside and you're looking at a self made millionaire from the slums. I'm offering my help for free. Take it or not we've all got nothing to lose away from these forums.

*recommendation*
Sack -50%
Capture -50%
Make attack ops costs +50%
No race attributes above 30%
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

The Duke

Quote from: Sevz on June 11, 2010, 01:59:32 PM
Since you're passive you haven't lost all your leaders opening attack ops when you've got 100 bil cash and 200turns left. (for example)

Balancing the game happens over time. After my +12 years of experience i can fast track your progress. Put me being a smart mouthed chump aside and you're looking at a self made millionaire from the slums. I'm offering my help for free. Take it or not we've all got nothing to lose away from these forums.

*recommendation*
Sack -50%
Capture -50%
Make attack ops costs +50%
No race attributes above 30%
for me, I had 35m loyalty, 450 turns, and a 170 ratio on a decent bit of land. that bug cripled my run as i couldnt goldmine plus couldnt recall or feast or loot. i was dead in the water. When u implement changes, its best to have an account even in a live test like this to test the change for any fast issue like losing 72m leaders.

Shadow

That issue is fixed now, and has been since the day after it was discovered.

Sevz

Can't complain when you owe redwall +65million leaders. Rules are, ya bet cash ya lose cash you pay cash.

In this case Aid Leaders. *pokes Shael*. and freeland