Turbo Beta

Started by The Lady Shael, June 06, 2010, 06:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Duke

Quote from: Shadow on June 15, 2010, 11:03:18 AM
Just so you are aware, if you know of bugs and intentionally exploit them you will just get banned. We appreciate your help finding them, maybe use them once for fun, but exploits won't be tolerated.
excellent to know theres nothing about refusing the report them.

Sevz

Quote from: The Duke on June 15, 2010, 11:04:46 AM
Just so you are aware, if you know of bugs and intentionally exploit them you will just get banned. We appreciate your help finding them, maybe use them once for fun, but exploits won't be tolerated.

I agree with Duke. Say nothing bro. I don't know who you are but if cripple minded people wanna talk down to you before you explain things don't explain it.

Exploit your heart away. It's the only way things actually get done. What happened to the double turns? i openly exploited the bug and it was changed. I got no ban. Report reshmort.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

The Duke

Quote from: Sevz on June 15, 2010, 11:10:53 AM
Quote from: The Duke on June 15, 2010, 11:04:46 AM

I agree with Duke. Say nothing bro. I don't know who you are but if cripple minded people wanna talk down to you before you explain things don't explain it.

Exploit your heart away. It's the only way things actually get done. What happened to the double turns? i openly exploited the bug and it was changed. I got no ban. Report reshmort.
you mean the 8-turn exploit? that one was fun and nobody got punished. i didn't see how receiving 2x turns isn't a huge exploit worthy of abuse or bans.

btw i was disabled and later deleted myself. theres no reason to play if the "top" players have huge information advantages over the rest.

Peace Alliance

You're pretty much just begging me to perma-ban you when you say stuff like that, duke.

Shadow

Quotebtw i was disabled and later deleted myself. theres no reason to play if the "top" players have huge information advantages over the rest.

This is a beta round. As far as I know there will be no immort for this one. All we are doing is implementing new things and testing them for bugs. If someone has more info, it doesn't matter - once everything is working, all the new stuff will be announced in detail.

On that note: sack is currently giving 10x more than it should be. This will be remedied when shael gets a chance, probably in the next 24 hours, so enjoy it while it lasts.

By the way, why did you suddenly get pissed off at me? All I said was that I could guess who you are. I mean, I know you don't like me and I don't care, but that seems a pretty flimsy excuse to fly off the handle.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Duke

Quote from: Shadow on June 15, 2010, 04:32:20 PM
Quotebtw i was disabled and later deleted myself. theres no reason to play if the "top" players have huge information advantages over the rest.

This is a beta round. As far as I know there will be no immort for this one. All we are doing is implementing new things and testing them for bugs. If someone has more info, it doesn't matter - once everything is working, all the new stuff will be announced in detail.

On that note: sack is currently giving 10x more than it should be. This will be remedied when shael gets a chance, probably in the next 24 hours, so enjoy it while it lasts.

By the way, why did you suddenly get pissed off at me? All I said was that I could guess who you are. I mean, I know you don't like me and I don't care, but that seems a pretty flimsy excuse to fly off the handle.
Because you have an unfair information advantage, along with other bits of the "staff"... who, with the exception of Wolf Bite & Shael, regularly play.

Here's a quick quiz....
#1: What races can massively manipulate networth?
Answer: Fox.
#2: What races can manipulate a field that will render some networth uncounted or outright drop networth?
Answer: All of them.
#3: How do they do this?
Answer: Money stored in the bank doesn't count towards networth. Money borrowed from the bank counts against networth.
#4: What could possibly have changed that this exploit wasn't seen before?
Answer: A bit of new code in the bank.

As for the other bug I noted, have a fun time finding it. It's hiding right under your noses.

And Ollie, I really don't care. You're pissed that a player with a history of finding bugs found yet another. You're pissed that this is what? This is what? The fourth major exploit I've found?

1) Rapid scout/delete/recreate. (Sevah & I exploited and fixed quickly)
2) The 8-turn exploit. (Many exploited and fixed later)
3) Gambling to transfer networth (Theoretical, but would have worked very well with low awareness)
4) Bank heist (I just exploited during a beta round)
5) Many other small issues.

Other than that, I can currently think of a few other "exploits", off the top of my head. Those, too, won't be mentioned around here.

As for anyone asking "wait, what? Who is he?" Yes, I'm the player formerly known as Bob-sama/CobyCopper. I have a rather long history of finding bugs and exploiting them to show that they are both a real bug and can be abused easily by anyone else who stumbles upon the issue.

Shadow

Shael informs me that sack has been reduced by a factor of 10. You should all notice now that if you have a very small leader/land ratio you get lots from sack (up to a maximum of 0.5% of the opponent's resources if you have 0 leaders) and you get very little if you have a large leader/land ratio. You can check your leader/land ratio in general's hut.

Note that in order to get average returns that are the same as before, (0.4%) you need a leader/land ratio of 1. I may change this if it becomes apparent that this is unreasonably low, but play around with it.

Please play around with it and test it out. If it is too big or too small, please suggest ways to improve it.

if you would like to help me test it, please tell me (on turbo) how much cash  and food you have so that I can tell how much I grab when I am sacking. As a gesture of goodwill, here are my stats:

Shadow (#6)
Turns   204 (max 550)
Turns Stored   30 (max 150)
Rank   #2
Workers   360,886
Acres   54,870
Cash   $8
Food   2,800,584,195
Loyalty   2,158,215
Networth   $565,801,357

Location   Northlands
Race   Rat
Health   100%
Tax Rate   11%
Rats   58,413,747
Weasels   18,899,767
Stoats   52,404,266
Skiffs   29,113,322
Leaders   389,204

The Lady Shael

I'm sad you guys think that the only way to get things done is by ruining them. But ever since I came back, I've been implementing fixes and patching things very quickly (or I like to think I am), so there was absolutely no reason for "efforts". All you have to do is tell me. When you break the game and ruin the game for other players, it doesn't make me want to fix the game. It just makes me want to leave. So please stop hurting this game.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Peace Alliance

Yes, bob, any mature and reasonable person would have noticed that the "borrow all" button was exploitable, and they would have told us about it. Instead you decided to thoroughly abuse it before passing on the information. Despite your efforts to convince us otherwise, you are not a good beta tester. I will grant you this, you are intelligent. But your so childish and immature that it renders that skill entirely useless for the purpose of beta testing. You are not here to help us with the RWL project, you are here to exploit our mistake and shove it in our faces triumphantly. You are playing a game with us without realizing that the other team - good, honest people with the best intentions for RWL - aren't willing to play this game with you.

We don't want to play your games and... low and behold, we're the one's in charge. We don't have to put up with your attitude. The last year without you was a welcome vacation. It's also something we can make permanent.

[edit]

thank you shadow for keeping us on topic. I suppose I should post my rant elsewhere. For now this is the only place it fits, and it's really the end of that side-track anyway.q

Shadow

Everyone, if there are outstanding issues that haven't been addressed yet, please post them. We have been trying to remember all the little bugs and ddeal with them, but we likely forgot quite a few.

Sevz

wat?

This is lunacy. Shaels right about the changes but after years of failed bug reports you're asking for to much. Sama owes PA and Shadow a slap. From where  he sits he's got no reason to become completely co operative to people who are disrespectful.

I advise the admin to revoke Sama's ban
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Sevz on June 16, 2010, 12:09:15 AM
[What The Ferret]?

This is lunacy. Shaels right about the changes but after years of failed bug reports you're asking for to much. Sama owes PA and Shadow a slap. From where  he sits he's got no reason to become completely co operative to people who are disrespectful.

I advise the admin to revoke Sama's ban

Don't talk about what you know little about Sevz, I'm sure many people here will agree with me when I say that your arrogant attitude is really getting on my nerves, you walk in here like the admins owe you (for some reason beyond me), then complain about stupid petty things, and big yourself up like your some GOD of promisance.

Get over yourself sevz, because you know nothing about the issues people have had with bob in the past and you have no idea what a complete moron he can be.

if you've had enough of RWL stop sitting here complaining like some brat and go set up your own server, you claim to have the knowledge and I'm sure the likes of bob-sama would be happy to join you, besides money would be no problem as you claim to be a 'self made millionaire':
Quote from: Sevz on June 11, 2010, 01:59:32 PM
you're looking at a self made millionaire

All the admins are trying to do is improve the game, and I for one really appreciate their hard work, the great themes PA has made for both the forum and ingame, and the wonderful coding work that Shael has put in, if I were either of them I would have blocked both bob and Sevz from RWL a long time ago, you add nothing to the game in my opinion.

Sorry for that . . . but it had to be said

Shadow

Wow haha, I love Sharptooh's random rants.

Anyway, let's get this back on topic, you can make a new one to argue if you all want to.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Shadow on June 16, 2010, 11:16:26 AM
Wow haha, I love Sharptooh's random rants.

Anyway, let's get this back on topic, you can make a new one to argue if you all want to.

lol thanks shadow, I'm glad I'm not the only one  ;)

anyway, I'd better stop making off topic posts . . .

The Duke

So far as I know, I'm not banned.

1) This remains a Beta round, meant to investigate gameplay and fix bugs (both new and old).
2) I didn't do much to break the rules, except to appear as myself.
Quote from: ShaelWe are currently beta-testing some new code this month. Please help us by letting us know if you find any bugs or anything unbalanced in the game. =) Game features may suddenly break or be modified throughout the round, so bear with us.
3) Now that I've been updated on the flow of information, I won't be playing this round any further.