Submit your votes

Started by The Lady Shael, May 15, 2010, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Hey Reg players,

Please submit your vote regarding the reset of this server at the Voting page in the sidebar as soon as you can.

Thanks. =)

-The Lady Shael
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Pippin

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

The Lady Shael

There's a link in the sidebar under Clan Crier and above Forums.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Pippin

Oops sorry! I was looking on turbo :o
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
3. wrecking balls (#9)
1. Nazgul (#5)

Shadow

SS and Fairmaid are unlikely to reform after a reset. I won't be a part of another emp attempt for a good while, and most of the team is pretty bored with it in general.

We achieved our goal of creating an independent emperor, there is no need to try again.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Pippin

Hardly independent with all that protection.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
3. wrecking balls (#9)
1. Nazgul (#5)

Holby

Quote from: Pippin on May 16, 2010, 12:05:19 PM
Hardly independent with all that protection.
It depends on what you mean by independent. This has always been a team effort, and my position is nothing more than a figurehead for the rest of the clan. But in terms of my running and my Net production, I am completely independent. That's what Shadow means. I'm not supplied with resources or troops. I don't need any other player to hold my army to make a run. I can operate solo and Net gain indefinitely.

This emping scenario would never happen again. The players comprising SS/FairMaiden all got involved with each other almost by accident. We got bored with the whole thng very quickly, and have been calling for a reset for ages. We wouldn't do this anytime soon, and it's unlikely that more than a handful of us would work with each other for any other purpose. We have too much love for this game to want to suck the life out of it.

I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

QuoteA reset would increase activity in the short term but after the SS Maidens scrape and lock the land no one's gonna try to break.

Except we aren't going to do so. No point.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

Quote from: Sevz on May 16, 2010, 11:37:49 PM
Don't talk about sucking the life out of the game until you all learn what the game is.

None of you earn my respect as individuals. You've proven that stacking a huge team of n00bs can accomplish a very slow take over. I haven't seen any skills involved in getting these results, it's nothing more than having massive advantages against little resistance. Congratz if ya'z feel tough  :D reset or not, reg is lame.
That's a little bit melodramatic. We did have a very large team, but we needed it to compensate for the difficulties of emping. We actually had you pinned as our major opposition, but you wimped out as soon as we started locking. I think you were so afraid of failing at a takedown, you deleted. It's a bit of a pattern for you Sevz, crumbling under responsibility.

The fact of the matter is, a takedown in those early stages would have been easy. Offering any resistance would have been easy, but no-one did.

We locked on reputation alone. No-one has done that before.
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

Well put, holbs.

And Sevs, there are topics full of your trash talking. This doesn't have to be another.

Shadow

Stop posting the same thing over and over, it was old weeks ago. If you have an opposition to the reg reset state it, but don't turn this into another one of your "belittle everyone who isn't sevs" threads please.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

QuoteNone of you earn my respect as individuals. You've proven that stacking a huge team of n00bs can accomplish a very slow take over.

Slow? We had the game locked down in two runs. Cut the crap Sevz. All this "slow painful growth" stuff is just BS. It took us less than a week to take the game over. We had most of the land, and over 10 bil NW. The only reason Holby's land has gone up since then is that we hit everyone so low, they were forced to scout and bring land into the game. Holby was made emp on January 17th. It's been 4 months more or less to the day, and the only thing that's changed is he has more land and NW.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ereptor

Sigh.  Holby....No one knows what it's like to be an emp until they become one.  ;)  It definitely has it's pros and cons....wouldn't you say?  :)
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Holby

Quote from: Ereptor on May 19, 2010, 10:11:35 PM
Sigh.  Holby....No one knows what it's like to be an emp until they become one.  ;)  It definitely has it's pros and cons....wouldn't you say?  :)
I don't know how you had the endurance  ;)

I have had the easiest Emp lock of all time, but gosh, I'm exhausted. I'm not sure if my evil powers have been sapped and all I'm left with is a desire to do good, or if this success means my desire to wreak havoc has increased a hundredfold. I guess we'll see when the reset comes. >:D

In terms of influencing the playerbase, it's been very mixed. Most of the messages I receive are taunting or abusive, but the occasional ones ask for help. I like those ones. I think this lock has seen less benefits than those in the past, back when the roleplaying/Redwall element was still relevant. Having most of the vets on my side also means there's been less room for the game to go in different directions and for a really powerful resistance to form.

It's a lonely position in many ways. Everyone outside of your team hates or fears you, even if you haven't actually done anything to them.

All in all, it's been less satisfying than I'm sure all of us of SS/FairMaiden initially hoped. But measuring in domination terms, it couldn't have gone smoother.
I will not deleted this

Vargarth

In terms of influencing the playerbase, it's been very mixed. Most of the messages I receive are taunting or abusive

you have not done anything to hurt other players.  Yet!  I think the reason people do not like you is because of all the land that is in your hands. Everyone else has at max 25,000 land while you have 2,000,000 land.
Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!