Immortalisation

Started by Holby, May 08, 2010, 08:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

Something that's always bothered me about clan-themed rounds is that they're useless.

Not because it's hard to get a team of random players to work together, but because at the end of the day, there's no winner.

This is particularly apparent when there are three or four clans, but it's just as applicable here. Immortalisation doesn't capture the clan that won, so why bother fight for an end with no reward? No-one will remember which team won, the only thing that matters is which individual warlord took the top prize.

For this reason, I hardly ever play Turbo during forced clans, because the effort I put in to achieving a team win goes to waste. Yes, it's all about the journey, but on the 28th, you want to see a result, too.

I think Immortalisation, at the very least, should denote clan tag. But in a forced clan round, I'd rather see winners listed only as clans: Either their total or average Networth, to really show which team won by working together.

How does everyone else feel about this? Does it bother you at all? Should we change the way Immortalisation is listed?
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

I agree, forced-clan rounds should show the clans scores page.

The Obliterator

Sure lets go for it.
I think it would be much better.
Instead of heaping up on one warlord at the end we could spread it out and concentrate on destroying the oppositions net
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Gen. Volkov

Yeah, I agree, forced clan rounds should be recorded differently.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Alazar is Back

I agree. At the very least I believe it should be made so clan tags are shown.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Agreed. It'd motivate me to play more rounds.
Also, clans should be shown generally. Vicotories are often a team effort.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Instead of just a clan tag being shows at the end it might be cool to immortalize the changes in clan net over the round - save a snapshot of the clan net once each day and put it together at the end so people can see when significant events happened. It would have to be automated, but saving one value at a certain time each day is not hard.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Purple Dragon

I agree...i like this idea
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

Sevz

My favorite part is how Hobly can't spell the title.   :D

Talk about corruption amongst the grammar police.
:o
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Pippin

imagine a world without giant pandas and green frogs?
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Holby

Quote from: Sevz on May 20, 2010, 10:44:32 AM
My favorite part is how Hobly can't spell the title.   :D

Talk about corruption amongst the grammar police.
:o
...This is the second time you've "caught me out". Both times they were the English, rather than the American spelling. And stop calling me Hobly. ;)
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

You should know this Sevz, seeing as you are Australian. Or don't they teach the Queen's English anymore in Aussieland?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Genevieve

goddamn globalisation

Sevz

Referenced to a title. I say Hobler is incorrect and using lies to defend himself. This is 1 time i've caught him out. The other time you were probably right since i forgot.

Bla bla bla

I say Holby is a n00b. This is where you all get to kiss his [edit* stoats behind*] and pamper that 35bil net ego.

Who's the best around? i'm keen for a duel in turbo.

~~~~~~

and stomp em so it can be Immortalised
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Vargarth

Who's the best around? i'm keen for a duel in turbo.

~~~~~~

Yeah Holby.... Join turbo and duel sevz next round. I think that he challenged you!

Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!