Previous topic - Next topic

Should Reg be reset?

Yes
20 (74.1%)
No
7 (25.9%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Holby

Are we at a state where it is no longer conceivable I can be broken? Or do you just want to see this Era end?
I will not deleted this

Shadow

I think so

The resistance can't do anything at this point and it is getting boring.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

I think the time has come for a reset. It's been nearly two months now, and the best the resistance has been able to do is kill a few indies. Holby hasn't been touched the entire time he's been on top. He's now out of attackable range from anyone except members of his team.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

I can only do so much Volkov, only so much. I either got the finishing or had majority hits on 5 kills on you guys. Count it.

There are 3 people that give a crap right now.

You can really claim supreme victory right now and as such I'd rather see the server reset then you guys giving up, unless there is a serious threat from a player inside your circle Holby is not going to be broken.

Superb job of storing, land passing, and clan dropping guys.

I would have liked to have seen you guys attempt while being in one clan and not detagging, but you guys are a bit too honorable for that.

All kidding and resentment aside, you have dominated the server for two months. Reset the game. I surrender.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gorak

Reg is stagnating
the resistance is non existant
everyone has pretty much given up

no one had the balls to step up and take command of the resistance
they all just complained that there was no "big name" players to tell them what to do

it was a dissapointing era
and I'm quite bored or it
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI can only do so much Volkov, only so much. I either got the finishing or had majority hits on 5 kills on you guys. Count it.

Yeah, I know. The kills didn't do much though. Certainly never threatened Holbs position.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

I'm very interested in hearing from people who DON'T think there should be a reset.

Could any "No" voters please state their reasons?

I will not deleted this

Juska

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on March 12, 2010, 06:04:07 PM
QuoteI can only do so much Volkov, only so much. I either got the finishing or had majority hits on 5 kills on you guys. Count it.

Yeah, I know. The kills didn't do much though. Certainly never threatened Holbs position.

I know, had the plan been followed through to the extent it could have it would have ended him though.

I one point I had 14 empires with me. We could have killed every member of your group within two runs easily, back when Holbs was still at 7ish bil networth. And then there would have been no support structure to transfer new land up to him, basically we would have ignored him and the server would of fought you guys while he did nothing important, or he weakened himself by helping you, in which case he could have been broken.

But it takes more than a person with a plan, it also takes people who will follow the plan Gorak.

Doesn't help when people who don't care what's happening decide they want to care by fractionating the group (Ungatt).

Please don't give me this set sucks nothing happened garbage. There is a reason I almost always play alone or with the weak party, because it's always more fun. (and in the case of playing alone you can't get screwed by your own team).

If you guys want to have some fun, then desert Holby and crown yourself. If you don't want to do that then reset the server.

The reason no one is posting they don't want the server reset Holby is in part because  not everyone checks these forums, part because there isn't that much energy left the in player base, but mostly because the only people with any power to change the current situation are part of the current situation.
Current Empires:

Gorak

I can't speak for all of Fairmaiden/SS
but I don't do betrayals

I stand by what I said and still push for reset
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Holby

Quote from: Juska on March 13, 2010, 10:36:32 AM
Quote from: Gen. Volkov on March 12, 2010, 06:04:07 PM

I know, had the plan been followed through to the extent it could have it would have ended him though.

I one point I had 14 empires with me. We could have killed every member of your group within two runs easily, back when Holbs was still at 7ish bil networth. And then there would have been no support structure to transfer new land up to him, basically we would have ignored him and the server would of fought you guys while he did nothing important, or he weakened himself by helping you, in which case he could have been broken.

But it takes more than a person with a plan, it also takes people who will follow the plan Gorak.

Doesn't help when people who don't care what's happening decide they want to care by fractionating the group (Ungatt).

Please don't give me this set sucks nothing happened garbage. There is a reason I almost always play alone or with the weak party, because it's always more fun. (and in the case of playing alone you can't get screwed by your own team).

If you guys want to have some fun, then desert Holby and crown yourself. If you don't want to do that then reset the server.

The reason no one is posting they don't want the server reset Holby is in part because  not everyone checks these forums, part because there isn't that much energy left the in player base, but mostly because the only people with any power to change the current situation are part of the current situation.
I do have to disagree here.

The lowest Networth we ever had was 9 bil. At that point, it would have made perfect sense to be max attacking me with suicides, but nobody was organised enough. Killing EVERY SINGLE PERSON, apart from being near impossible, is maybe the one thing that WOULDN'T have worked. Not even with 14 people. Our team, apart from being large, was not fully known. Further, between your first and second kill runs, the first group could have been out of protection again.

Most of the time, we only had one or two people scraping. As I'm sure you know, getting a whole heap of people in one spot is ridiculously tricky. Even without much of a team, I could have run with a full company of troops without making a dent in our 3~ tril.

What would have tripped us up, given how much land was around, was a team of two or three indyers massing one troop type. A team of no more than three or four could have achieved that in one run. Or, failing that, max suicides would have forced our hand earlier than we'd have liked. Either to actually do damage, or prompt us into running prematurely. Those are two of the most obvious tactics, and they would have worked for you rather well. Trying to kill everyone was probably the most ineffectual thing you could have attempted. For that, I thank you.

The problem, Juska, is that you always work solo. Even when you indy in a team, you're heavy on the self preservation and holding onto troops. Hurrah for you and all that nonsense, playing a dead end strategy, but it's made you close-minded. That's why you failed. It had nothing to do with not getting your team of 14 people working properly together.

I'm glad you at least attempted to do something, Juska, but in no crazy world could you have taken us out with a mass killing.

There are four "No" votes. Given that no-one has explained their reasoning, it almost comes across as a last ditch attempt at rebellion. "Ooh, they want a reset. Let's not give it to them." I'm probably just paranoid.
I will not deleted this

Shadow

Mass killing is the kind of stategy that works on paper and utterly fails in application because of the logistical problems. There was no chance at all that you could have gathered that many people together at one time from all over the world without having most of them on IM. Even then, chances are almost nil.

And as Holby said, when we started emping, we were prepared. Went into it with 4.5 trillion dollars, a billion loyalty, and enough food for several runs. Holbs could have run a few times without a team if it had been necessary.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

If all 14 emps would have just played the way I played they could have produced 42 kills. Every kill was done solo, really no logistics involved.

But obviously my plan failed, so I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, I never voted and so I didn't see the 4 no votes until after my last post. My reasons for why people aren't posting are the same.
Current Empires:

Wolf Snare

Juska, you failed to kill me solo, and I had 3k acres to start with.. :/
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Juska

Are you that empire in protection Wolf Snare? The one I left on 20 acres? Who got killed? I was 5 hours short on turns, if Marlfox hadn't of finished you (or any of the players in the game, who can really pass up a 20 acre empire?) I would have got you later in the day, when I logged on with the turns to finish you you were still red dead, so you apparently wouldn't have beaten me back online.

Because if you are then so what your still dead. (and I got 3 killing blow kills which is why I was only using 3 vs. 5)

I'm not really sure who exactly you are to be honest.
Current Empires:

Sharptooh

Considering you have a lot of the best talent in the game I think it's going to take a while before people are truly ready to stand up to you.

People got complaicent and didn't care enough to group up until it was too late, there are some talented people in the resistance but it's hard to band a lot of new players together with only 3/4 experienced players taking the lead against say 10 experienced players with a $15 Bil headstart.

If you gave the resistance some time I'm sure they'd eventually take you down, it may take a few months though.