admin power abuse

Started by lonewolf1817, January 27, 2010, 03:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Briar

But, it is three days surrounding the Turbo reset.  With a gag, Sevz will be unable to respond to any accusations that may arise, at least initially.

Quote from: Peace Alliance on January 27, 2010, 03:46:40 PM
3. Shadow has never made personal attacks.

Quote from: Shadow on November 29, 2009, 04:41:18 PM
We were pretty disorganized. The only times we ran together was if we happened to be on msn at the same time. My heart just isn't in this game when some tool is after me for no reason.

sounds personal to me.

QuoteThat's the rule Sevs broke. On these forums we are allowed to ask pointed questions, we are allowed to make in-game accusations, we are allowed to challenge other players claims - but we are not allowed to make personal attacks.

Sometimes (or more likely often times) pointed questions can appear to be personal attacks.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Juska

Good point Gorak, which is exactly why this is worth arguing. Because next time it might be a ban.

Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

lonewolf1817

This is a very debatable topic indeed. Holby while your right that my spelling, may seem to most; incorrect in the spelling, But you in know way seem to have any problems interpreting it. There-for it would stand that my writting is hardly worth even noteing..... but alas do your thing. Nothing to do about weather Sevs banned was just or not, just the moderator in question administering the justice. Same as my argument over the rest date of the 28th. These arguments and case laws need to be set to pressident so future occurances will know how to handle the issue.
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Genevieve

Peace Alliance

Alright guys, let his writing be.

Briar, Shadow has a sterling record of being polite on these forums. You can go poking around this forum and find examples of me being much ruder then saying "some tool" (which is merely an implication at an insult at best).

We give people a lot of changes on these forums. Rudeness is endured for one reason or another. Sevs was on thin ice already after 5 or more warnings. Sevs was defiantly accosting Shadow regularly. Yes it is unfortunate that Shadow was the one who ended up having to gag the guy. BUT... Sevs broke the rules... I'll say it again - Sevs broke the rules - so he gets gagged. He broke the rules, therefor he gets gagged.

Juska

I just want to know that we are safe from penalties that may be influenced by personal motives or feeling from staff members and that should a situation mirroring this arise in the future the said offended staff member will not be on the one pronouncing judgment. 
Current Empires:

Peace Alliance

Shadow

Once again, Sevs got gagged for breaking forum rules, not because I disagreed with him. You don't have to worry about being punished for not agreeing with staff. Just make sure you express your disagreement in a way that corresponds with forum rules.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Thank you for the assurance Peace.
Current Empires:

Pippin

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

Pippin, spam elsewhere.

Shadow
Mod Duties.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

lonewolf1817

again your dodging the issue. Just wondering how admin will administure gags in the future?
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Gorak

you break the rules, you get warnings, then gagged if you presist
period
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Neobaron

This argument is stupid.

Did sevz deserve a gag?

If the answer is yes, then the question follows:

Who should administer this gag?

Any answer but the guy who was involved in the fights most of the time is the correct answer.

If you're going to promote an enviroment where anything goes until someone rolls over and actually does something eventually, then you can't form up into an impenetrable "MODZ IS GODZ LOL" wall when one of you is threatened.

Both parties are at fault.

Sevz problem is up to him to resolve, and thats as simple as that.

But the mods need to huddle up and use all that brainpower next time there is a potential for an argument about conflict of interest, whether you feel that potential is justified or not. Be it holby's evident zeal, windys laissez-faire attitude, PA's omnipotence approach or whatever, shadow was not the one that should have done it.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Sevz

The biggest problem with it all is that Shadow was asking for me to fire up at him. He's deliberately done wrong by me and still denies it. Sure i deserved the gag after all the warnings. Sure he could of stopped trying to get me to say something out of line.
Many occurrences where Shadow has compromised my integrity to the the public in forum wars. He then threatened me when i reply to his questions that insinuate foulplay.

Yes he did good mod work, he exposed my foul language and took action against it with subtle manipulation of the rules.

My explanation is very simple. He said he was going to gag me 2x. I responded to the rude and offensive terminology
you will get gagged <-- Not my account. ME. I will get gagged. I got 2 words for that..........   (please don't) say that again
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.