Split from Fair Maiden: OT

Started by Shadow, January 24, 2010, 10:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Lol Sevs, I see you have no problem using the tactic you label abuse - on turbo, taking down wonderwall the way you did. Class example of what you are claiming is code abuse.

But wait, I bet I know what your reasoning is: When other people do it, it's code abuse. When you do it, it is to teach the game a lesson about code imbalances, so it's ok.

I do believe you have mastered the not-so-difficult art of doublethink.

EDIT: Split the topic to avoid OT in Fair Maiden thread
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

Quote from: Shadow on January 24, 2010, 10:26:26 AM
Lol Sevs, I see you have no problem using the tactic you label abuse - on turbo, taking down wonderwall the way you did. Class example of what you are claiming is code abuse.

But wait, I bet I know what your reasoning is: When other people do it, it's code abuse. When you do it, it is to teach the game a lesson about code imbalances, so it's ok.

I do believe you have mastered the not-so-difficult art of doublethink.

Did i fail more than 1 leader attack? NO
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

windhound

It all comes to the same thing Sevz, your ally did it so you wouldnt have to.

But this really isnt the topic
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Sevz

Shadow is trying to get a response from me. Good moderator he is. Will always drag me back to the forums by asking questions that will make me look bad if i don't answer.

People still wonder why i wouldn't waste a good spit on him
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

No Sevs, your complaint was that people without leaders could kill all of yours easily so that someone without the leaders to best yours would be able to do so.

That's exactly what you did. You got a rat to kill his leaders, since your didn't cut it.

If you don't want to get called out when you spout hypocrisy, then stop doing it.

Peace Alliance

If the questions he asks are making you look bad, maybe that has more to do with your actions, rather then his questions?

Sevz

From where i'm sitting.

I've been suicided countless times.
I've seen Shadow fail more attacks than he's succeeded and rely on suicides daily with the lame excuse he doesn't care.

Quote from: Shadow on January 18, 2010, 04:38:31 PM

Leader suicides are permitted for ... you kow what, I've explained it before, I am not going to do it again.

If you don't want to get called out when you spout hypocrisy, then stop doing it.

Yes master of failed attacks. Thank you for giving me your opinion ol highlord mighty noble soldier kingpin of all honor and skills.

Suicide me for 6months and the first time i take advantage of it. jump on me in the forums.

Heck, you convinced me it's all fine to deal with the leader suicides. now i'm using them like i said i was gonna do you finally have an issue with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And for your comment about me can't cut it, i can poison hi now after he lost land
I think your problem is, you've tried really hard to beat me only to get smashed over and over.
Everything that you specialize in i'm already a better master.

Shadow

Sevs, you are missing the point.

I have used suicides before it's true.  The difference is that I did not go on record and call out my enemies for using them, calling suicides code abuse, and claim to quit, and then use that same tactic the next day, in the very way I condemned.

I don't have a problem with you using leader suicides. I just have a problem with you whining about other people using them and then you doing it yourself.

Didn't you just "quit" because of having suicides used on you in that way? Clearly you -aren't- fine with leader suicides, or that would not have happened.

This topic is not about the right or wrong of leader suicides. And I agree that suicides are overpowered at the moment, but I just haven't yet seen a proposed solution that I thought was balanced. This is about pointing out the inconsistencies in the way you act, and claim to act. And there are just so many of them. If you don't like it when this happens, just stop doing them. It isn't that hard.

Anyway, my point is made, I'll stop for now.

Sevz

Shadow

Silly Sevs,

If you insist on making this personal you'll just get gagged. If you want to actually defend yourself do it civilly.

Sevz

Don't threaten me Shadow.

If someone else want's to say something in your part, i'd accept that.

Honestly. I get very annoyed by the deliberate failed attacks. I play servers that are a lot more classy than redwall. No offense, This game provides an ability to ruin anything an enemy has with minimal turn use. In a few months. I've seen a too many people try really hard and get smashed into retirement.

I'm at the point where i'll beat the admins empires into fixing the server for you people.

Do i use fails or not?

Shadow

We don't want you beating anyone in order to get changes done. Change happens according to the coder's schedule, and we have more than enough to do at the moment without adding to the list. We are aware of the limitations to the code and we try to fix them in the free time we have. Which for most of us is not much. You mouthing off and beating people isn't going to make any of the coders have less of a life.

You use fails in getting allies to do it for you. The end result is the same. The difference is that you whine when others do it to you.

It doesn't matter if you "accept it." If you make things personal, you will get gagged. That's standard procedure.

Sevz

don't threaten me gag king

i've got a hundred reasons to be annoyed with things here

Yeah wait for the coders. Stop spending so much time in the forums picking fights with better players and fix the code so it's fair for everyone.

I haven't complained bout leader suicides since i decided to use em.
I admit i went against my word and surrendered to the weak tactics. I'll now admit that i'm the best at using leader suicides so don't mess with a man that has no boundaries.

the coders spent plenty of time playing recently, plenty of time talking it up. No time fixing things. Shael can't do it all by herself cos she's clearly a busy girl.

Shadow

I am not a coder lol... and for that bactalk about threats, you're right, it is time I followed through. Come back in three days.

Shadow
Mod Duties

Briar

Message from Sevz:

Sevz was referring to Peace and Windy, not Shadow.  He realizes Shadow is not a coder.

Sevz wasn't trying to make any personal attacks, but Shadow took them as personal, so Sevz just threw stuff right back at Shadow.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?