Fair Maiden

Started by Holby, January 17, 2010, 09:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Shadow
Your base argument is that leader suicides can be defended against because it's been done before.
Dude, I've done it many times. I've been way more successful at it than you. And none of these rubbish pointers of yours are helping.

If you drop land, then get maxed out with leader suicides your in a world of pain. You hold lesser land lesser leaders and a weak ratio, easy for all to espy.
It's definitely not possible to defend against skilled opponents who have the numbers to utilize.

Also, i've already quit. I'm only posting on the forums now cos you told me not to. Where the [rudeness] do you get off bossing me around?

Your a champ Hobly
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Holby

Please play nice. Oh wait, you aren't playing at all. My bad.

Holby, modding.
I will not deleted this

Gorak

someones pride is wounded ::)

all this attention on leader suicides. and yet I'll still  monostack and sack the poo outta ya
take your resources, then STD your troops away. Far more effective in my mind.
But by all means cry about ratio and suicides instead of learning to cope and persevere.

It's adaptablity to any circumstance that marks a good player, not running your mouth in forum, blowing smoke up your own butt
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Sevz

rotflmao

i've got no reason to play, i was planning on making a few of my mates emperors. They don't want or need my help so i quit. I'm well aware of what it takes to be a great player. With all the tricks available it's still gonna take a few people with a better plan to beat Fair Madam

My pride isn't wounded at all. I was in a clan, i got leader suicided about 100 times and then poisoned.
I had little of anything when this happened and i planned quitting immediately because it was Volkov who did it.
PA wanted me to log in so i could see how much net Ryu had, smelt fishy so i logged on to remove food and send it to Pippin with the 20 turns i built up. Instead the food was sold and i was getting robbed too fast.
Great move by PA but it was after my decision so it didn't bother me.

Good point about your adaptability, i'll play elsewhere and paste the results to ya
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

Sevs, getting around word filters will get you gagged. This is the only warning you are going to get, as you have been told this many times before

Shadow
Modding

Anyway, if you really don't care, why are you still talking about it?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

Big man Shadow, gagging is your specialty.

If i don't reply, 1 person says something about me and 10people speculate from that assumption. I'd rather say my part than read through countless n00b rants about how your all better than me.
When you didn't play, you did use the forums so you have no right to tell me not to. I'm not issuing challenges or naming people i can beat. I'm getting my point across so people like you don't put words in my mouth.

I want people to be aware that it takes no skills to fail leader suicides. It's a statement of your own abilities and an insult to redwalls name.

Give me no reason to reply and i'll shut up.

Peace Alliance

Alrighty.

Point made.

So, who likes the Fair Maiden flag?

Briar

I do.

Simple yet sexy.  Hopefully they can live up to it.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gen. Volkov

Quoteempire 1 has 10m leaders, empire 2 has 10m leaders, empire 3 has 200k.
empire 3 suicides empire 1 until empire 2 can open attack opportunities.

If you are unclanned, they can only do so many suicides. All you have to do is have enough leaders and a good enough ratio that you can survive the suicides until the next time you run. Then you rebuild your defenses. If I remember correctly, you laughed at me for using suicides in the early stages of our fight awhile back.

I had little of anything when this happened and i planned quitting immediately because it was Volkov who did it

For what it's worth, I did feel bad about doing it. However, I also wanted to give Fair Maiden it's best chance to succeed, and you or a team led by you would have been it's greatest threat.

QuoteI want people to be aware that it takes no skills to fail leader suicides.

This is true, it doesn't take any skill at all for an indy to leader suicide someone until a leader player can either open atk ops or murder. However, it does take skill to defend oneself against that tactic.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

It's fine Volkov, we both know you're extremely skilled and you were probably asked to do it.

You would also remember me defending your leader suicides very successfully. The circumstances are completely different when a team is using it (overkill). It's definitely not possible to defend unless you can be certain that no other players have generated many leaders.

Usually everyone using leaders makes as many as they can. The reason why the leadering strategy is special is it's safety, a player can save up resources and use skills to keep it safe by accessing large land.

players like me will continue to quit knowing it doesn't matter if they've banked 1 run or 100 runs. It all dies at the same rate.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIt's fine Volkov, we both know you're extremely skilled and you were probably asked to do it.

Alright then. Oh, and yes, I was asked to do so. I knew I would be, as I am an indy at present.

You would also remember me defending your leader suicides very successfully. The circumstances are completely different when a team is using it (overkill). It's definitely not possible to defend unless you can be certain that no other players have generated many leaders.

Yes, I do remember that, and while I agree circumstances change when facing a team, there is still the 21 attack limit. That's why you could defend yourself against my suicides back then, and being clanned is why I was able to hurt you so badly with them two days ago. Even with the massive ratios we had in Fair Maiden at the time, I'm not sure if we could have taken you out with just 21 suicides.

Usually everyone using leaders makes as many as they can. The reason why the leadering strategy is special is it's safety, a player can save up resources and use skills to keep it safe by accessing large land.

For the same reason, it can unbalance the game. If a leader player saves up enough resources and keeps it safe, he can acquire a large enough army that no indy or other leader player can break him. Which can be fun for the person doing it, but it's no fun for the rest of the game. RWL balances the game through suicides. Taking the top spot and holding it should be difficult. One guy with enough cash and leaders shouldn't be able to just take over the game on a whim.

players like me will continue to quit knowing it doesn't matter if they've banked 1 run or 100 runs. It all dies at the same rate.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

21 suicides is the immediate. Takes 3days for turns, about 100 leader suicides possible between a player using full turns.

If i can make enough land to steal cash from most people using the same race, think about how effortless it is to open attack ops after a bunch of suicides on a lesser race like stoat  :) I could weaken my setup and still get through

As for Fair Maidens success
You'll need around 25% of the server on a team to properly defend and that team still cannot withstand excessive force.
The only way to successfully lock land is to destroy all enemy stockpiles, strong defense and create the mentality that all players need to lug around defense which avoids attempts on the emperor.
Destroying resource networth is imperative to defend consecutive suiciders as they'd go backwards using troop net getting in range. Standard attack the rat massers and pressure the leaderers from converting loyalty by taking land real low increasing initial leader losses. Keep on top of pushing land upwards to reduce the resisting production so the emp can make the most of the acres.
I rate you a very good chance of claiming complete emperorship because Hobly is in charge of the important part

Best of luck
Sevz

Wolf Snare

I love how you keep discretely implying that our team is "middle skill level", and say how "our team cannot withstand excessive force", it's rather annoying when you know what all of us can do individually.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Peace Alliance

Not discretely, Snare, he outright said it. heh.

Which is funny, because this is one of the best teams this game has ever seen. Perhaps Sevs believes that there are others out there in promi-land that can do it better, and maybe thats true. But they aren't here to test that theory, so we remain the best.

Pippin

wait till ally gets his possy on you
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres