Reset delay

Started by The Lady Shael, December 28, 2009, 03:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Hi everyone,

Hope your break is going well. =)

Sorry I haven't been around, this break is really crazy for me, I don't have any time at all to do coding or development. =(

Needless to say, I'm pretty sure this reset will be delayed till after the new year.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and have a great new 2010!

-Shael
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Pippin

nunight

Oh and merry christmas Shael.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Daryn

cool

I'm not going to do much since of the holidays. Have a good new year :D
Pies.

Briar

darn...well this changes a bit...
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Sevz

Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Pippin

really annoying sh...shore from banana kingdom, why let the mongoose lay their eggs in your rockpools? WHY! *drown them*.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
3. wrecking balls (#9)
1. Nazgul (#5)

Alazar is Back

I think its a great thing ;)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Pippin

I. Think your soo amazing ally I wanna be your bestest buddy ever, oh PLeAsE. Nice rround though, shame I wasn't around.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
3. wrecking balls (#9)
1. Nazgul (#5)

Alazar is Back

Ha yeah, my team was a little upset with me...Went out of town for a few days. Was nice though ha. The key thing is that I am back now ;)
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

lonewolf1817

you know if i remember correctly we have had this scenario pan out befor and what we ended up doing was going with the top players of the day at the end of the 28th, and the other days on the server where just for fun
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Shadow

We only do that if the reset delay in unexpected. It was announced this time.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

What happens now? I've played places where the rounds get reset at the convenience of admins or admins friends winning. If it happens here at redwall i would be extremely persistent in getting everyone to quit.
I'm not gonna win or even consider placing top 10 so i hope the reset time gets announced publicly for fairness. Thank you
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

windhound

Unfortunately we dont have an auto-reset feature coded in yet Sevz...  but for many months its been reset in a timely fashion.
Holidays are odd times, people rushing  here and there and actually doing things.

Ideally the results would have been taken on the 28th and the reset done per Shael's convenience, as lonewolf said....  but it didnt happen. 
Not for the first and probably not for the last time, how long have you played here Sevz?  There's never been any favouritism in timing the resets, its always been done when its most convenient for the admin in charge to do so.  So, usually at a random and inopportune moment.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Sevz

Yeh, things have been fair around here, i was directing that statement at another website. I would greatly appreciate it if the reset time was told to the public before it happens so everyone can plan how the finishing touches on the month of work.

lonewolf1817

as said i feel fair to fall back on my idea of the 28th..... seeing as how i had precident to do so and was working late sunda y night, i did my last run early on the 28th am. and now im stuck..... "just making the argument because in all fairness and for futur case law a precident to uphold should be set in play"
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all