Those Who Oppose Me

Started by Peace Alliance, November 27, 2009, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

Though I don't understand how "who let the dogs out" is legit in this topic, my earlier post was more or less a joke. I made a few valid points about some aspects of the war, but I was more or less just irritated and looking for something to complain about. After all, I am not one to pick apart everyone's posts and insult them... usually. ^_^
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

It's a reference to my clan Snare, "Woof". Plus it also implies that people are still gunning for Peace. You know, "cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war!".
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

ah, very clever Volky, I stand corrected. Didn't peg you to quote Caesar.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Alazar is Back

I'll be back out of vaca in 15hours, lets see how long peace lasts....
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Gen. Volkov

Quoteah, very clever Volky, I stand corrected. Didn't peg you to quote Caesar.

Shakespeare, actually, it's unclear if Julius ever said that. Why wouldn't I though? I'm a history buff and I read a lot. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Wolf Snare

According to my "ROME: Total War" game Caesar did say it. They actually used to have vicious dogs that they let loose upon the enemy, but they killed both sides in a frenzy of blood lust.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Yes, because "ROME: Total War" is the ultimate resource on Roman history. LOL. It's in the play "Julius Caesar" by Shakespeare, and is probably a case of words getting put in his mouth. He may have said something like it though. The Romans did have war dogs that they used, as did many other civilizations.

Holby

I always thought it was 'let slip the dogs of war'. But only because it was someone's RB3D Macro :D
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

Topic dissension knows no bounds.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI always thought it was 'let slip the dogs of war'. But only because it was someone's RB3D Macro

I think it is "let slip" rather than "let loose". Misquote on my part.

lonewolf1817

how about "who let the dogs out"? woof woof....wooof woof...?
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Gen. Volkov

Quotehow about "who let the dogs out"? woof woof....wooof woof...?

Do go watch the video I posted...

lonewolf1817

not so much a fan of waching video posts.... or reading comments past about the 200 word mark....
When you have done soemthing right, no one will know you have done anything at all

Shadow

I have had the Blackfly song stuck in my head all day.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

Quotenot so much a fan of waching video posts.... or reading comments past about the 200 word mark....

Right, well, that's to bad, since my video is that song...