Sack

Started by Genevieve, November 21, 2009, 01:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genevieve

Does anyone else think "sack" is too powerful? Coz it's kinda ruining me...
Should you really be able to take a tonne of land, cash and food and destroy troops all in one go?

Holby

Mhm, yes (and then no). It's now possible to take ALL of someone's resources, and ALL of someone's land with Sack. Has Sack's stats changed? It seems a bit crazy at the moment, much like Capture.
I will not deleted this

Firetooth

I'z been suffering of late. Of sack, that is.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Obliterator

I think its good even tho its affecting me.
It gives indys a chance whereas they had no chance at all to do damage
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Shadow

Pretty sure sack takes less than half of the and a normal attack does. If it is taking as much land as usual, that is a bug.

And I set the numbers s that sack tops out around 0.4% of someone's resources. So you should only be able to take at most 10% of someone's resources in 21 attacks. If more is being taken, let me know and we will adjust it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: The Obliterator on November 21, 2009, 06:55:28 AM
I think its good even tho its affecting me.
It gives indys a chance whereas they had no chance at all to do damage
Leaders can sack as well, ya know. So it's not really that much of an advantage for indies
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Obliterator

ya but who always is the storehouses for cash and food

Genevieve

I agree with Firetooth, the vast majority of sacks on me have been by leader players, by far. I think indyers would prefer more land.
And Shadow, your numbers are right, but isn't losing 10% of your resources every day a lot?
I don't know about the land thing, because no one is attacking me without sacking...
And the land thing seems to be irrelevant anyway because i am getting way over-attacked (in terms of my acres vs. everyone else's) just because I have resources.

The Obliterator

If its impacting you that much
Buy defences
Make them work for your reasources.

Shadow

10% isn't that much when you can make more than that in a run. And Oblit has it right, it really is meant to encourage defenses in massers. But if it really is too much, we can tweak it.

Genevieve

Quote from: Shadow on November 21, 2009, 07:50:19 PM
10% isn't that much when you can make more than that in a run.

That's pretty subjective. If I had 50bil cash and 5bil food, yes, I would easily make over 10% in a run. But if I have 500bil cash and 50bil food, how the hell am I supposed to? I dunno if there's some way you could cap out the amount you can sack?

I understand it encourages defense. But I would still have to weigh up the costs of buying a heap of troops and leaving myself open to easy sacks. I also have to take my ratio into account.

And even then, say I spend 20bil cash on defense, it only costs someone between 2 and 3bil to break me in one troop type and gain a lot more in sacks - so what's the point? Maybe only making sack possible with standard attacks could be an idea?

Wolf Snare

IIRC, sack only used to be ecffective if it was used with standard. I say lower gains by 30 - 50% and make standarding take the current amount. Also, make standard capture constructed acres again would be nice.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Shadow

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on November 23, 2009, 12:42:14 AM
IIRC, sack only used to be ecffective if it was used with standard. I say lower gains by 30 - 50% and make standarding take the current amount. Also, make standard capture constructed acres again would be nice.
Sounds good. Lots of players are making a killing in turbo.
Also is it really worth buying a ton of troops to protect your net? You might as well just make cash and buy troops for net.

Juska

Force them to buy troops to defend their resources.

Or, how about you lower the return for shielded embezzlements?

15 shielded embezzlements and I lose 50% of my cash? Come on.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19