Turbo round dynamics discussion

Started by Juska, September 30, 2009, 08:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

QuoteOops, happens sometimes. But don't be so hypocritical cause there are many that i see that you swear in as well.

The difference is that my swears are minor, and don't refer to other players. At the very least, limit your swears to generality, not insulting people. That's where it becomes a problem.

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Obliterator

Sorry this may be off topic but i think a swear is a swear no matter where you put it.
There is no such think as a minor swear.
Watching people fight is fun...
...but getting involved is so much better

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on October 19, 2009, 01:34:27 PM
QuoteI know I argued both sides, and good debater knows that you have to give in to valid points in the opposing argument.

And Ditto, troops are far easier and more efficient to use if at all possible.

Yes, you have to acknowledge both sides, but you also have to make a point. You never did. You just rambled for 3 paragraphs.

Read it again, my point was that it is always more beneficial for leader players to attack with troops first.

Quote from: Shadow on October 19, 2009, 04:52:32 PM
QuoteOops, happens sometimes. But don't be so hypocritical cause there are many that i see that you swear in as well.

The difference is that my swears are minor, and don't refer to other players. At the very least, limit your swears to generality, not insulting people. That's where it becomes a problem.

And where did I insult him with a swear word? No where.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

Quotecause your head is to [wash my mouth out!!!] thick.

Lol, that's pretty clear.

Anyway, point is, just don't do it.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

QuoteRead it again, my point was that it is always more beneficial for leader players to attack with troops first.

Well you made it poorly then.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

Didn't I already concede that if given an easy hole leaders will always attack with troops before using leaders? If not I give it to you now.

The inherent problem is that they won't ever work to break you with troops (some of them may like Shadow who apparently plays in a way to perfectly defeat all of my examples and yet I never see any evidence of it in game, at least I've seen Volkov murder indies to break them with troops.)

It still doesn't change the fact that the possibilities of going solo unbroken as a leader are much higher than they were previous, whereas the possibilities of going solo unbroken as an indy did not change, which is inherently unfair. My entire point is that it should also be harder to break leaders with leaders.

Alazar I have played as a leader many times, many of them on other servers because I enjoy playing different strategies. Have you ever run a successful farmer or casher (as in none-magic farming and cashing), how about a reseller or farm-indy hybrid?

If you know I'm going to continue to argue my point why do you even reply?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Juska on October 20, 2009, 10:23:16 PM
Didn't I already concede that if given an easy hole leaders will always attack with troops before using leaders? If not I give it to you now.

The inherent problem is that they won't ever work to break you with troops (some of them may like Shadow who apparently plays in a way to perfectly defeat all of my examples and yet I never see any evidence of it in game, at least I've seen Volkov murder indies to break them with troops.)

It still doesn't change the fact that the possibilities of going solo unbroken as a leader are much higher than they were previous, whereas the possibilities of going solo unbroken as an indy did not change, which is inherently unfair. My entire point is that it should also be harder to break leaders with leaders.

Alazar I have played as a leader many times, many of them on other servers because I enjoy playing different strategies. Have you ever run a successful farmer or casher (as in none-magic farming and cashing), how about a reseller or farm-indy hybrid?

If you know I'm going to continue to argue my point why do you even reply?

Yes I have run those strats, not here at rwl though.

Cause i love to get people all torqued up, and I like to debate/argue. So now you know that I am going to continue to argu my point, why would you even reply?

Juska

You do not argue because you never add anything to the debate that is supported.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Juska on October 23, 2009, 09:31:04 AM
You do not argue because you never add anything to the debate that is supported.

Ugh, *holds back obscenities*

If i was to add something that was supported than there is no reason for an arguement. Read your post :P

Sevz

Juska has a very valid point

in 1 solo run, an indy cannot possible generate the base difference of leaders between itself and a wolf, Wolf having plus 30% and rat having minus 40% (high level players vs eachother)

10k land at 100% ratio=wolf 1,300,000 vs rat 600,000

The leaderer's massive advantage, +50% defense to troops, 4x defense towers, wolf has good defense, them towers become pretty darn powerful and no opening attack ops to counteract the fails from others
My point is, unless the indy gets the first run and knows how to foil there's no point sending a cripple into battle
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

So, the round ends tomorrow. Is there any chance of Turbo being working again before then? I would rather like to get a last run in, and perhaps spend some cash, so as to try and win the round.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Peace Alliance

We're working around the clock to fulfill your order. Please remember, here at Redwall: Warlords we appreciate the customer, you, and will do our best to serve your needs. If you have any further questions please feel free to open a ticket with our free 24 hour Help Desk service, located outside of reality.

- Peace Alliance

ahaha, no but seriously we're workin on it. I think what I'll do is guarantee that there will be at least 24 hours after the games are restored before we reset. Hopefully givin y'all enough time. This ain't that bad, at first we thought we'd lost /everything/... Games would have been wiped, and nobody would have even remembered how i got my butt handed to me on reg!

Pippin

Quote from: Sevz on October 27, 2009, 01:28:03 PM
Redwall admin aren't too bad, PeaceAlliance makes me laugh, Windy chills me out and Shael's smokin hot, your a good team. Pity nothing gets done, you guys are as useful as bluehost

60minute maintenance in progress. (+20 hours remaining)

ROTFLMFAO
don't work too hard
AHAHAHHAHA

no offense intended
Sevz in Boredom Mode

How many days do you think this is gonna take?

*Windy is a Mod* And WolfBite is the other admin!
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Gen. Volkov

Quoteahaha, no but seriously we're workin on it. I think what I'll do is guarantee that there will be at least 24 hours after the games are restored before we reset. Hopefully givin y'all enough time. This ain't that bad, at first we thought we'd lost /everything/... Games would have been wiped, and nobody would have even remembered how i got my butt handed to me on reg!

LOL. Right. Sounds good, do keep us posted on the progress.