Game Change - Aid 3X max to clanmates

Started by Peace Alliance, September 24, 2009, 11:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

October will have a game change for both servers. There will be a new limitation to aid. You will not be able to send aid to clanmates who are more then 3 times your size.

I'm telling you now because it will have an effect on many clan playing styles and strategies.

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

For the better in my opinion, will take some time for me to adapt I guess, but team indy is still very much possible.
Only downside means I won't ever be able to cloak billions of net on clanmates, which I've done twice now. But the balance is needed.
It's so hard to take any of peace's post seriously though, because of his erm, picture.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Holby

This upsets me.

It was never originally 3x to clanmates, I'm almost certain it was 10x. It just got broken to be 3x, and it should have been changed back to 10x. Instead it was made to be unlimited. You SHOULD be able to send more to a clanmate than an unclanned warlord. That's just common sense. It SHOULD NOT be unlimited, but it SHOULD be higher than 3x.

I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Neobaron

This is a good change.

Hooray for peace alliance.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Peace Alliance

*shrug*, if the limit is over-zealous we'll modify it. I think it's more important to get it in there, these crazy leaps on reg are just crazy. It's like all the clans have a puffed up hero that is too daunted to do anything substantial.

Holby

Quote from: Peace Alliance on September 27, 2009, 07:36:46 PM
*shrug*, if the limit is over-zealous we'll modify it. I think it's more important to get it in there, these crazy leaps on reg are just crazy. It's like all the clans have a puffed up hero that is too daunted to do anything substantial.
I do agree that it does need changing. The current situation is a problem. But let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

We know it's overzealous, because it was at 3x for a long time, and clan play was crappy. During League for example, with us all leadering, and only holding troops that we bought from mercs; it was impossible to only send away to one person, because 3x bigger prevented us from moving Net around. We had to send to two or three people. And then it would come out that one person who was 3.6 times higher needed food to send, and the player with all the food couldn't reach.

3x is really really small. We'll just see 95% of Warlords Independent again.

I will not deleted this

windhound

I'm nearly positive it was 3x to begin with Holbs

I remember 'cause I tried to send Ragefur some aid when I was in DI.  I had something like 20 mil net, he had around 100 mil and it didn't go.  Just one of the random bits I remember from early on.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Yeah that's what he is saying - it was 3x, it was crappy, then it was unlimited, it was crappier, now we should make it higher.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

There was a whole slew of advancements I put in to improve clan-play. Removing the aid limit isn't the only thing that made clans popular again.

windhound

Quote from: Shadow on September 28, 2009, 06:19:05 AM
Yeah that's what he is saying - it was 3x, it was crappy, then it was unlimited, it was crappier, now we should make it higher.
Quote from: Holby on September 26, 2009, 04:16:51 AM
It was never originally 3x to clanmates, I'm almost certain it was 10x. It just got broken to be 3x, and it should have been changed back to 10x. Instead it was made to be unlimited.

*shrug*
It was never, to my knowledge, 10x.  Its either been 3x or unlimited.   

I agree with 3x, its enough.  If someone is 3x your size they dont need aid from you.  It'll hinder sending all the net to one person, but that's about it.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

Actually, this might increase clan use. I know I'm going to be recruiting more players to Blackfly just so we can hold all our NW.

Holby

Quote from: windhound on September 27, 2009, 09:27:27 PM
I'm nearly positive it was 3x to begin with Holbs

I remember 'cause I tried to send Ragefur some aid when I was in DI.  I had something like 20 mil net, he had around 100 mil and it didn't go.  Just one of the random bits I remember from early on.

If that's the case, then I stand corrected, and will shut up about the 3x thing. But surely I got the idea from somewhere that it was more than 3x... Any original or DEX codes still lying around that can be checked?
I will not deleted this

Alazar is Back

I personally think that it should be 5x for clans. I think unlimited is too much even though i like it. and 3x just sucks. What sense does it make to make it the same as unclanned? none.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..