Nju tim

Started by Sabriel, September 12, 2009, 03:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabriel

By the way... has anyone understood the first post? :D

Quote from: Takara on August 08, 2009, 12:50:19 PMHOWL IS AWESOME. YOU ARE SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT HOWL.

Quote from: Genevieve on November 11, 2009, 02:38:03 AMAsian food is also usually inanimate.
USUALLY.

Takara

Quote from: Sabriel on September 12, 2009, 03:31:31 PM
Okej gajz, dis iz a nju tim ver vi vratj ingliš az vi spik it, not az vi vrajt it. Anderstand? It'z kinda lajk rašian ingliš.

"Okay guys, this is a [new time?] [for the write?] English as I speak it, not as I write it. Understand? It's kinda like Russian English."

Am I even close? ;_;

Sabriel

Yes :)

I goes like this:

Okay guys, this is a new theme where we write English as we speak it, not as we write it. Understand? It's kinda like Russian English.

("Vi" stands for "we", not for "I". "I" would be "ay".)

Quote from: Takara on August 08, 2009, 12:50:19 PMHOWL IS AWESOME. YOU ARE SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT HOWL.

Quote from: Genevieve on November 11, 2009, 02:38:03 AMAsian food is also usually inanimate.
USUALLY.

Briar

Oka, sownds good.

((btw, "we" would still be "we".  "vi" would be if we were speaking with a germanic or slovic accent.))
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Sabriel

Noo, look, we=vi
I don't know how to explain it, but "vi" is spoken in the same way as "we". Like, guys = gajz. You write it as you speak it. Or yu vrajt it az ju spik it.

Btw, j=y

USUALLY.

Briar

((Ok, I understand.  I'm just saying that you have different letter sounds than we do. like  your "i" sound is different than ours))

I lik to spik lik ths?

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Sabriel

Quote from: Briar on September 14, 2009, 02:07:22 PM
((Ok, I understand.  I'm just saying that you have different letter sounds than we do. like  your "i" sound is different than ours))
No they aren't different! Our i sounds just the same like, your "i" in, for example, milk. We don't say "ay", as in "silent".

I lik to spik lik ths?

Aj lajk to spik lajk dis. Read this out loud as it's written.
Oh, I have a good example: Japanese! Surely you must have sometimes, SOMEWHERE, by any chance heard it?

There are two types of languages according to the way they are written. One is where you write it just like you say it. E.g -> you would be "yu". (Not "yoo".) Got it? Then, there are languages where you write something differently compared to the way you speak it. English is such language.
In the first group, each letter represents one sound. Simple. It's way easier to learn to pronounce such languages - you don't have to worry about rules of pronounciation etc. "C" is always "C". It's never "K". "I" is always "I" (as in milk). It never changes to "silent".

USUALLY.

Krowdon

Quote from: Sabriel on September 13, 2009, 03:54:44 PM
Well, I didn't plan on joining the other forum as I already feel all nice and homely here, so I was reluctant... But if you'd like me to, I'd gladly join it :D

Im not joining cause i am afraid I will quit RWL for that site.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Ungatt Trunn II

The website will function more as a base of operations for RSL, such as planning when we need and as an even safer haven.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Krowdon

Not joining. you would really has to convince meh.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Ungatt Trunn II

Well, you could make a whole anime board just for yourself and your fellow addicts.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Krowdon

OOOH!!!! Good thing you mentioned ANIME!!!

THE VAMPIRE KNIGHT ANIME  WAS PURCHASED BY VIZ MEDIA!!! WHICH MEANS THAT ITS COMING TO AMERICA!!! FINALLY I GET TO WATCH IT IN ENGLISH!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nothing can get rid of my god mood for a long time. ^__^

Briar

Quote from: Sabriel on September 14, 2009, 02:22:21 PM
No they aren't different! Our i sounds just the same like, your "i" in, for example, milk. We don't say "ay", as in "silent".

I lik to spik lik ths?

Aj lajk to spik lajk dis. Read this out loud as it's written.
Oh, I have a good example: Japanese! Surely you must have sometimes, SOMEWHERE, by any chance heard it?

There are two types of languages according to the way they are written. One is where you write it just like you say it. E.g -> you would be "yu". (Not "yoo".) Got it? Then, there are languages where you write something differently compared to the way you speak it. English is such language.
In the first group, each letter represents one sound. Simple. It's way easier to learn to pronounce such languages - you don't have to worry about rules of pronounciation etc. "C" is always "C". It's never "K". "I" is always "I" (as in milk). It never changes to "silent".

ok....lajk dis.  Aj dik dis is farj konfusin.

Sabriel

Quote from: Briar on September 14, 2009, 10:01:59 PMok....lajk dis.  Aj dik dis is farj konfusin.

That's better :D

USUALLY.

Takara

I can read it all, sadly. (For the most part.)