The Gawtrybe

Started by Fleetscut, March 21, 2003, 11:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

windhound grinned slightly as one of the more venture-some squirrels, who had leaned out of hiding a bit too far, fell to earth, transfixed by a hastily made javelin.  Yet the smile faded quickly to be replaced by a grimace as an arrow burried itself into his paw.  Tearing it out and grabbing his favorite javelin, he continued to retreat farther into the deepest part of the forrest, followed closely by Nightfalls.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Fleetscut

OOC: Deathclaw there were only 2 foxes.
Demoneye - Pirates of Terramort.

Deathclaw

Following the two foxes, Deathclaw sent hares to attack from the ground and squirrels to launch tree assaults. He summoned his recently acquired jackdaws, 50 in all, to mount air assaults.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

windhound

Sniggering quietly, windhound wispered to Nightfalls.  "Look at thoes buffoons, they cant track worth dung, I could hear them a season's march off.  Fancy sending that lot to attack us."  With that he and Nightfalls seemed to vanish into the surrounding forrests, each splitting off their separate ways, planning to meet at a massive oak on the banks of a stream a fair distance off.

windhound quickly lost his group of trackers, padding down small creeks and keeping close to the forrest floor.  The foliage of the forrest was now so dense that flying would be nearly impossible.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Fleetscut

Windhound's optimism cost him as a hare sprang out armed with a short javelin.
"I say sah who goes there? wot! speak up!"
Windhound grimaced as he spied 30 other Hares on patrol watching him.

windhound

"I am windhound, a simple traveling healer," windhound replied to the hares, who were all watching him closely.  "I carry my javelin for self-defence only."  
With that, windhound leaped quickly onto a low branch, from there scaling higher till he could scarcly be seen from the ground.  Then he moved slowly, cautiously to the next tree, and then to the next, all the time looking out for the squirrels, whom he assumed would be following.

note:  please dont capitalise windhound, I dont not because I'm too lazy, but because I like it better that way...

Holby

(NOTE TO SELF: Never say Windhound with a capital "w".)
I will not deleted this

Deathclaw

Following the "healer" were 20 of Deathclaw's tracking jackdaws and 20 squirrels in the trees. 20 hares went on foot, accompanied by 10 badgers and 10 otters. They would capture their prisoner.

windhound

windhound continued his careful journey through the tree tops, yet behind him he heard the tell tale rustling of branches, meaning that a group of squirrels could not be far behind him.  Above him he heard the ominous cawing of some sort of birds, weather friend or foe windhound didnt feel like finding out.  Presently he came to his destination:  a small, swift flowing stream.  Below the large oak that he sat in was a small boat, yet there was no sign of Nightfalls.  "She musta gotten herself lost..." windhound muttered to himself.  "Oh well, she'll ceatch up eventually."
windhound threw himself into the boat and used the paddle he found within to pole it into the swift flowing current.  Within seconds he was swept off, heading away from his pursuers.

Deathclaw

"Quick, man the logboats!"
Shrews rushed around and loaded three logboats which went off in pursuit, a fourth in the lead of archers to shoot at the lead craft of windhound.

General Austin

I'll try a bit!

Ash Barkwood

Squirrel
small pack of arrows, and Very fast shrew logboat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Ash paddled up the hard flowing current, relishing the fresh air of spring, he heard a boat coming up quickly behind him.  He realized it was a beast meaning no harm, but coming fast. He tried to slow down and get level with the creature so he could chat. He was lonely, and had nothing to do. It had been long since he had any family or friends to speak to.
In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

windhound

occ:  yea!  another charicter!  welcome Aus!  

windhound eyed the approaching boat warily.  He knew that it could not be of the gawtrybe and co. because it was coming upstream, the opposite direction of his pursuers.  The squirrel waved at him, and windhound waved quickly back before resuming paddeling.  He could now tell that this squirrel posed no threat, and kept going without slowing.  He spotted an opening on the bank and headed towards it.  He chanced a look back and saw the squirrel looking quizically at him.  "Shove off squirrel," windhound growled out.  He didnt really want to be rude, but could not waste time with conversation.

Fleetscut

Kiawo growled low to himself. The squirrels were now all following Deathclaw. Only Yesero and 2 others faithful to him stayed.
"I dids not give the order to follow. Thems mad beasts wanna fight all the time."
One squirell who was quite fond of Deathclaw shuffled awkwardly but knew better than to disagree. Yesero removed the feather in his tail and wiped blood off it that came from his wounded tail.
"It's too late now." He said. "Let us go and get the squirrels. We shall fight the lizardies. They are our real enemy!"

Deathclaw

Urging his newfound followers on, he announced there closeness, and saw Ash.
"Did you see a fox come by recently?"

windhound

windhound paddled quickly up his side-stream.  Soon it became too narrow to navigate, and so he tugged his boat up onto the bank, concealing it behind a large bush.  Leaving his boat thus covered, he raced off through the trees at a fast trot.