Mother Sells Naming Rights to Unborn Baby on eBay

Started by Sabriel, August 08, 2009, 01:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabriel

Confusing her gestating fetus with a sports stadium, a woman in Arkansas is auctioning off the naming rights to her unborn son on eBay, starting at $150.

Lavonne Drummond, an unemployed mother of six, is hoping to garner $25,000 or more by offering the opportunity to name her seventh child, a boy due on Sept. 16, to the highest bidder.

"The economy is so bad and there's no jobs out here that will support a family of my size," Drummond said. "It sounds really crazy but I thought maybe there's someone out there who could help me out with a good name. I'm running out of good names."

Drummond's family has thus far not embraced the decision, and her husband, a Navy man stationed in Virginia, isn't even aware of the online auction yet. "He'll probably support me 100 percent on whatever I feel is best for my family," she said. Probably.

With the auction still underway, Drummond will have to wait and see what happens, until September, when she'll likely welcome an adorable baby boy named GoldenPalace.com into the world.

http://www.asylum.com/2009/08/07/mother-sells-naming-rights-to-unborn-baby-on-ebay/

Quote from: Takara on August 08, 2009, 12:50:19 PMHOWL IS AWESOME. YOU ARE SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT HOWL.

Quote from: Genevieve on November 11, 2009, 02:38:03 AMAsian food is also usually inanimate.
USUALLY.

Takara

Sabriel

Quote from: Takara on August 08, 2009, 12:50:19 PMHOWL IS AWESOME. YOU ARE SAD BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT HOWL.

Quote from: Genevieve on November 11, 2009, 02:38:03 AMAsian food is also usually inanimate.
USUALLY.

Takara

Sabriel

He'll probably end up with a name like Golden Goose or something. Though, he can always change it later in life....

USUALLY.

Takara

That would really stink. I'd name him:

Mister Doctor Professor Beary Miggins Muffintops Maximum Junior Senior Junior the 85,354th.

That's what I named my teddybear and he turned out just fine. ^^

Sabriel

USUALLY.

Takara

Sabriel

USUALLY.

The Lady Shael

That's awful. She said she's going to honor any name picked by the highest bidder, even if it's a URL.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Takara

Daryn

what if it was like an insulting name? like swears or curses? will she do that too?
Pies.

Takara

One would hope not!

Teacher: Billy?
Billy: Here!
Teacher: Bob?
Bob: Here!
Teacher: Susan?
Susan: Here!
Teacher: [bleeeeeeeeep]
Child: ;_;

Haydee

Krowdon

Quote from: Takara on August 10, 2009, 08:24:44 AM
One would hope not!

Teacher: Billy?
Billy: Here!
Teacher: Bob?
Bob: Here!
Teacher: Susan?
Susan: Here!
Teacher: [bleeeeeeeeep]
Child: ;_;

Quote from: Haydee on August 10, 2009, 07:08:30 PM
That reminds me of this comic:

LOL.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works