Fire Vs. Ice type round for next set?

Started by Blood Wake, July 30, 2009, 03:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what do you think next turbo round should be themed as?

one clan vs. another
17 (60.7%)
3 clans
3 (10.7%)
4 clans
2 (7.1%)
I do not want the next round to be like that
6 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

corradojeff

Quote from: ohmyjapan16 on August 29, 2009, 05:46:13 PM
I don't know how one clan vs. another would be, oh wait I do...... remember Jotun vs. Warlords of Pain last round?   :D

I would like to see three or four clans with even numbers and randomly selected players. Other than that, have it be set up with the same rules and regulations as a normal turbo round, although Corrado's suggestion of limiting aid would be interesting to throw in the mix.

haha Yeah GO JOTUN! (By the way, I was VR6)

But anyway, We have done one clan vs another a lot, either by design or choice. I think that having a spin on it - even a limiting one - would be interesting and challenging. I am sure everyone, or almost everyone, will agree that challenging games breed better players.

We already know there are a lot of great players out there but that is because they can net like crazy and then aid off so they have no expenses for their run and then have it aided back to them.

I think we should make a round that would limit aid to say 5 aid credits in 24 hours...

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

1 shiptment of aid per hour is perfect,

if clanned then another 5 separate shiptments, the clan aids go out first, 10 max per run, 2 per hour after,

it sounds like heaps but an indy needs it since they can't sell much with this mercenary setup

plus there's no benefit over a couple of unclanned empires if they're working together

Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

Indies don't -need- aid at all. The aid-fueled clan indy is a relatively new thing brought on by the removal of aid limits, which needs to be put back into place anyway.

Sevz

there's no point playing if your stuck with networth
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Ruddertail

What do you mean, can't sell much? I can pretty much dump every skiff I have, at the start of each run.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

corradojeff

Quote from: Ruddertail on August 30, 2009, 10:21:46 PM
What do you mean, can't sell much? I can pretty much dump every skiff I have, at the start of each run.

Yes exactly

Quote from: Sevz on August 30, 2009, 02:43:34 PM

Sevz, everytime you make a suggestion it seems like you always want to leave a hole to exploit so you can exploit it

Checkerpaw

Quote from: corradojeff on August 30, 2009, 10:33:07 PM
Quote from: Ruddertail on August 30, 2009, 10:21:46 PM

Yes exactly

Quote from: Sevz on August 30, 2009, 02:43:34 PM

Sevz, everytime you make a suggestion it seems like you always want to leave a hole to exploit so you can exploit it

I don't think unlimited aid really qualifies as a "hole" one "exploits."
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Shadow

>>there's no point playing if your stuck with networth

Why not?

Sevz

i can make deal with anything thrown at me, that's why i average 1st position solo vs solo everywhere i play seriously

this website is ridiculous

the numbers are stacked against survival, good players are punished, forced to play below standard to avoid being targeted,
a months networth can be easy destroyed by 2 novices in 1 run

2 veterans can do far more destruction than production

Neobaron

RWL is also undefeated in inter-server competitions if I remember correctly.

We're not all baddies. :P

Though I will admit that I lament the shift towards having to be clanned to be competitive that took place while I was gone.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Sevz

i guess it's my against 2 clans
i hope my clan is full of land droppers

i'll be team Density and crush all 3 elements

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Neobaron on August 31, 2009, 01:29:44 PM
RWL is also undefeated in inter-server competitions if I remember correctly.

Any more of those coming up in the near future?
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)

Neobaron

Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Juska

Undefeated in Inter-server competitions?

Factual evidence?

Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19