Fire Vs. Ice type round for next set?

Started by Blood Wake, July 30, 2009, 03:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what do you think next turbo round should be themed as?

one clan vs. another
17 (60.7%)
3 clans
3 (10.7%)
4 clans
2 (7.1%)
I do not want the next round to be like that
6 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Shadow

The only one I have ever participated in was against that Imperium place, I forget how it ended though. I recall in the day that RWL won quite a few in a row, but I forget where they are held. Endrev or QMT or something? I'm sure if you go to the site you can find records.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Neobaron

Quote from: Juska on September 01, 2009, 10:34:55 PM
Factual evidence?

Quoteif i remember correctly.

Unfortunately, I dont have any. I know the three I have had the pleasure to participate in, we won. Snare or Holby might know specifics too.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Holby

Quote from: Neobaron on September 02, 2009, 12:19:44 AM
Quote from: Juska on September 01, 2009, 10:34:55 PM
Factual evidence?

Quoteif i remember correctly.

Unfortunately, I dont have any. I know the three I have had the pleasure to participate in, we won. Snare or Holby might know specifics too.
I signed up, but was pretty much inactive.

I can't even remember where it was. Valhall?

But we did beat all the other proms. :D
I will not deleted this

Firetooth

Rwl won the valhall clan competition. That's all I know of though. There was talk of "raiding" endrev, but everyone fled from the mighty low net values :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sevz

doesn't mean anything, Snare is a great player, if he was active there's no question redwall had the ability to win every time.

my point is, the very good players to visit redwall will only be visitors because no matter how good they are, the monkeys take ya down

all the good players here are extremely disadvantaged, i'd like a set with no leader suicides and no clan aid

chances are, the best player or best team will win if they can't abuse the servers easy takedowns

Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Firetooth

Valhall is mainly solo mplay is the major difference, from what I've seen. And food upkeep is ALOT more expensive. I was losing like 1bil a run lol.
Rwl is just a different kind of promi, as is valhall. Most rwlers think valhall is too agressive, most valhallers think rwl has a shoddy code. I think I'm the only rwler who acively(ish) plays valhall lol.
But I think rwl needs more solo play. Clan play gets boring.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Juska

RWL needs less aid play and more war. Not more solo play.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

Quotedoesn't mean anything, Snare is a great player, if he was active there's no question redwall had the ability to win every time.

Er actually I'm not sure how many Snare played in. I think he was in for the Valhall clan competition, but we also had guys like wolf bite, Fang, etc. Wolf bite is probably the main reason RWL won the clan comp.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Quote from: Juska on September 02, 2009, 12:12:12 PM
RWL needs less aid play and more war. Not more solo play.
Less aid play means more solo play. Well, usually.

Holby

Quote from: Sevz on September 02, 2009, 06:02:38 AM
doesn't mean anything, Snare is a great player, if he was active there's no question redwall had the ability to win every time.

my point is, the very good players to visit redwall will only be visitors because no matter how good they are, the monkeys take ya down

all the good players here are extremely disadvantaged, i'd like a set with no leader suicides and no clan aid

chances are, the best player or best team will win if they can't abuse the servers easy takedowns

Yeah, Wolf Bite was responsible for the victory. The greatest tactician Prom has ever seen  :)

Thing is, without aid, and without takedowns, all that does is test how effective people are at producing cash/food-which is only a single aspect of the game. You seem to believe it's the ONLY important aspect. Leader efficiency isn't the only thing that proves how good a player someone is, it just says to me that you want RWL to fit your style of play.
I will not deleted this

Death

You mean the clan competition that is no longer held due to poo turnout?

Just kidding. I remember when RWL was doing pretty well in it, you earned your places.

Sevz

lmao, Perfect timing Death

you should run a month here, i'm sure you'll finish top 5,
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThing is, without aid, and without takedowns, all that does is test how effective people are at producing cash/food-which is only a single aspect of the game. You seem to believe it's the ONLY important aspect. Leader efficiency isn't the only thing that proves how good a player someone is, it just says to me that you want RWL to fit your style of play.

I agree. Surviving takedowns, or making yourself impossible to takedown, makes you a much better player, in my opinion, than someone who can just build up lots of net. Anyone with sufficient skill at leadering can build up large amounts of networth, but the elite players are the ones who know when to strike, that is, when to take out the competitions networth, and how to defend yourself from the same thing happening. The same holds true for aid, which tests your ability to work as a team. I think both takedowns and aid make RWL a much more exciting game and a greater test of player skill than it would be otherwise.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sevz

Remove make attack ops and i'm switching to indy

i agree that defense is definitely a key to successful empires, my complaint is rather the fact that any random day,
i can work with my friend and put the top empire near the bottom of the score sheet with it barely effecting how much i produce

near the end of a set, we can ruin a fair few people per run, 1 months work for 10 people dead in 15 minutes.

Gen. Volkov

Quotei agree that defense is definitely a key to successful empires, my complaint is rather the fact that any random day,
i can work with my friend and put the top empire near the bottom of the score sheet with it barely effecting how much i produce

Only if they are clanned. An unclanned emp is much harder to take down. It was basically impossible before make attack opportunity.

QuoteRemove make attack ops and i'm switching to indy

Sorry, but see Make attack ops is a very useful game feature. Just because you can only play one way doesn't mean the rest of us can't deal with it.