Turbo Round 25 Immortalization

Started by The Lady Shael, July 28, 2009, 09:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on July 30, 2009, 03:47:13 AM
QuoteGuys.

This is stupid.

And childish, I know. But they started it!
Who's "they?" :P I'm just kind of making a point, you'd all started arguing bfeore then.
Sevah solo'd that 3.5bil in the last week, so do you think he needed a team to make him net?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sevz

i could of solo'd alot more in that last week, i didn't get any real good land grabs and i wasted half a run getting land when it wasn't available due to hitlimit. got to 100k and just logged off instead of finishing the run.the $800bil i finished with could of easily been $1.5t
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

CobyCopper

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on July 30, 2009, 03:45:08 AM
QuoteNope because Sevah had about6 people on his team.

Everything he described is still a bunch of turns, given any sort of defenses on my part. Poisons, murders, opening the attack ops required, and standarding me down to 10k? It'd take a team of at least two to get all that done. So that's two people not contributing to making net or locking up land. Shoot, now that I think about it, maybe I should have just announced that I had decided to play. I could have eased the oppositions task by a third.
Actually took a single person to do that solo and they recovered quite easily. I did like STD'ing you down to a fraction your prior NW. You were clanned too; it was too easy.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteActually took a single person to do that solo and they recovered quite easily. I did like STD'ing you down to a fraction your prior NW. You were clanned too; it was too easy.

When? Not this Turbo. Not in the Woof-Blackfly war. I think you are mistaking me for someone else. Every takedown you've done on me, that I can remember, has involved at least two people. If you are referring to Woof-BlackFly, then yes, I was clanned near the beginning of that, and you guys did take me down. However, that was after we took your WHOLE CLAN down. Because you were all clanned too, and it was beyond easy. Then I jumped up, but stayed clanned, and you guys took me down, so we started trading off unclanned emps. Then the server reset. So, any other wars that you fought to a draw with me that you'd like to talk about? Maybe the storehouse round that we forced you guys into abusing the code into an attempt to win that still ultimately failed?

QuoteSevah solo'd that 3.5bil in the last week, so do you think he needed a team to make him net?

Way to argue two entirely different points there Firegoose. If Sevah was solo then he would have had to spend his entire run keeping me down every day and not done a great job of it. If he was on a team, then it would have taken two people to do a good job of keeping me down every day. In any event, keeping me down is far more trouble than it's worth, as anyone who has ever fought me can attest to.

i could of solo'd alot more in that last week, i didn't get any real good land grabs and i wasted half a run getting land when it wasn't available due to hitlimit. got to 100k and just logged off instead of finishing the run.the $800bil i finished with could of easily been $1.5t

That's awesome Sevz, but if you had been focused on keeping me down, could you still have made that much money?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevz

yeah i could make just as much cash
i would gather land
then instead of spending a couple hundred turns getting loyalty i'd crush ya

then when i get good leaders i'll make identical return on goldmine
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

You wouldn't gain as much loyalty, "Earn Loyalty" boosts loyalty gains by 25%. So you'd be making less loyalty and thus less money. Also, I dunno if you could "crush me" as completely as you described in a couple hundred turns, especially since you'd have to heal up every once in awhile, and I always have defenses raised.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sevz

lucky for me i'm good at making loyalty and i still finished with 69mil after trying to waste it all

as a marten with -10% on gaining the frozen cash i can't remember how much i sent out over the set.
50mil to you?

bag me out in the forums and accept my forums and accept my assistance under false understandings.

rather impressive for a veteran.

Gen. Volkov

Neo's right, this is stupid. This will be my last response to anyone in this thread. If you all think I'm such a bad player, come prove it in game.

Quotelucky for me i'm good at making loyalty and i still finished with 69mil after trying to waste it all

You'd still be making less. Probably far less.

Quoteas a marten with -10% on gaining the frozen cash i can't remember how much i sent out over the set.
50mil to you?

Yeah, about that much.

Quotebag me out in the forums and accept my forums and accept my assistance under false understandings.

1) I didn't say a thing to "bag you out" in the forums until you attacked me over what I said to Snare, after he insulted me. 2) You offered, I said OK, you didn't even care to ask who I was until after. When I said I didn't want to say who I was, you didn't seem to care that much. I never misrepresented who I was. Heck, at one point you were making suggestions about the best way for me to take you down.

Quoterather impressive for a veteran.

It's really not up to me what decisions you make.

Sevz

good, i was feeling the same way volkov

ingame i'm not after war

on the forums,       i'm not after war

good luck on your mission

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on July 30, 2009, 02:47:26 PM
QuoteActually took a single person to do that solo and they recovered quite easily. I did like STD'ing you down to a fraction your prior NW. You were clanned too; it was too easy.

When? Not this Turbo. Not in the Woof-Blackfly war. I think you are mistaking me for someone else. Every takedown you've done on me, that I can remember, has involved at least two people. If you are referring to Woof-BlackFly, then yes, I was clanned near the beginning of that, and you guys did take me down. However, that was after we took your WHOLE CLAN down. Because you were all clanned too, and it was beyond easy. Then I jumped up, but stayed clanned, and you guys took me down, so we started trading off unclanned emps. Then the server reset. So, any other wars that you fought to a draw with me that you'd like to talk about? Maybe the storehouse round that we forced you guys into abusing the code into an attempt to win that still ultimately failed?

QuoteSevah solo'd that 3.5bil in the last week, so do you think he needed a team to make him net?

Way to argue two entirely different points there Firegoose. If Sevah was solo then he would have had to spend his entire run keeping me down every day and not done a great job of it. If he was on a team, then it would have taken two people to do a good job of keeping me down every day. In any event, keeping me down is far more trouble than it's worth, as anyone who has ever fought me can attest to.

That's awesome Sevz, but if you had been focused on keeping me down, could you still have made that much money?
Firegoose is trying to say Sevah's team could've kept you down and he would've one anyway.
THisis pointless though.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Holby

Is everyone actually saying Firegoose, or is someone messing with the filters? :P

Firetooth.
I will not deleted this

Firetooth

Nope Firegoose is Sevah's new nickname for me and my new msn name Holby  :D

Juska

Congrats to the winners.

Well done everyone.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Firetooth

Oh and Checkerpaw last jibe, promise.
I love how you called my win aided but I heard this time when yoiu got 4th you were aided 300mil net and 200mil loyalty ;)

Checkerpaw

Quote from: Firetooth on July 31, 2009, 11:08:02 AM
Oh and Checkerpaw last jibe, promise.
I love how you called my win aided but I heard this time when yoiu got 4th you were aided 300mil net and 200mil loyalty ;)

If you're going to make a jibe your last one, at least make it a good one, would you?

First, what I said was: "Anybody can win if they get billions in aid (Edit: two-thirds of your net total) from others."

I don't remember exactly how much net and loyalty was aided to me (I know I passed on a significant portion of that loyalty to you), but even if we assume I received 300 million in aid, that's still responsible for not even 1/3 of my net.  You, on the other hand, by your own admission, received 2/3 of your net from others.

Incidentally, take away that 300 million in aid and I still would have been in fourth place by a comfortable margin. Take away 2/3 of the net you had at the end of the round you won, and you wouldn't have even placed in the top five.

Firetooth, stop embarrasing yourself any further.  I don't like you, and even I'm starting to pity you.
Highest rank in Regular: #6 (August '08)

Highest rank in Turbo: #1 (July  '09) as The NKVD
Highest finish in Turbo: #4 (August '09) as The NKVD

Also played as: Roadkill Collector (June '08) Gotten Smart (July), Mr. Holmes (August), That's What She Said (September)