Advertising

Started by Neobaron, June 26, 2009, 02:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neobaron

Im sure this has been visited upon a thousand times, but I really think if some of the talent here put its mind to creating adds, we could really explode this game.

However, it would be advisable to paint it as something new and fresh, not a redwall promi. While it is a redwall promi, most people who would be playing this game (demographically speaking) have no idea what a promi is and stopped reading Redwall when they were single or just over low digits, or didnt read it at all.

If we could paint this as something new, fresh, and constantly evolving. Paint a different picture for every community we appeal to. For the obvious RWL people, we paint it as the world of Redwall. For RP communities, we actually give the game some kind of personality. Re-create good an evil so to speak. I know I actually didnt like the game at first, but stuck around because i am the suck at math and it helped me with quick thinking on numbers, ratios and the like.

And I stayed because the game to grows on you.

The purpose-driven and thematic intrigue in turbo is a good start, but given the nature of reg, we the players need to step up to the plate and create something worth sticking to rather than carebearing it and hoping for the best. Thats not to say we need to be bloodthirsty elitists, but a return to the time when it wasnt the norm to max someone because you can, for example, would do a lot for the people who would prefer to net peacefully.

And those players with artsy talents or a knack for the written word need to get out there and represent. If you're dominant here, go play another promi and steal some people.

We have the power, we just need to take advantage of it now that the ban on ads has been lifted.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Blood Wake

the ban on ads has been lifted? what do you mean?

I think RWL stands out from other promisance games and from anything Redwall related wonderfully. going to RedwallWarlords.com is definitely a new and different experience. and if you look at my "Suggestion" topic you can see some stuff that Peace has been working on to make the site more user friendly to people visiting for their first time. I think we just need to spread the word.

as you said, go to other promisance games and tell people about RWL. this has always worked great for me. currently I've been playing at http://www.d3jsp.org/prom.php

kaludjer (#168) - he was the emp on both servers when I got there. one server reset, and the other one I've been stealing his land and have been the only one to challenge him in months. sad sad sad

Nintendocore! (#161) and Joker24 (#169) seem to be on vacation now... they must have gotten bored or something.

I think people often get bored of the game due to lack of communication with other players and/or not having a goal that they're passionate about
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Juska

Sorry to be off-topic, but what code is that promisance running?

Edit: Made an Emp and it's running QM v4.0

Blood Wake you should play actively over at QMT in the July Set.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Blood Wake

ugh. I dislike QMT. for multiple reasons. mainly. I was there before and the admins would cheat
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Juska

If you say so, I've played there for 6 years and never had an admin cheat me, I saw you made an empire this set but never played any turns.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Blood Wake

haha, yeah... good times...

honestly... I don't truly remember why I did that...  ??? ??? ???

h

Daryn

what?
d3jsp?
i htought there was only a d2jsp...
Pies.

Takara

Quote from: Daryn on June 27, 2009, 08:06:13 PM
what?
d3jsp?
i htought there was only a d2jsp...

sppsff34sss? so2pss? skd9sld??

I have no idea what you're talking about... O_O

Firetooth

http://www.d3jsp.org/prom.php

I play server 2 and server warlord. I'm pwning both right now (well not on the scoreboards, but I boosted bw to top of server 2 and I broke the lock in warlord so eh).
Not enough good players there :(
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

d3jsp, are you guys retarded? The admin has stolen login info from other Prom players in the past and used it to get into their accounts in other games, on other forums, into their emails, all kinds of things.

Blood Wake

h

Firetooth

I knew they hacked you death, but I did not know anything else. I'm not there anymore anyways. I did not know how he did it, and did not think it appropriate to mention. If he has done what you said, I'm staying clear. His promi is just stolen code anyway.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Death

He does pretty simple work. Takes the password you used to register and tries it on every account he can find of yours anywhere on the internet, gives out your IP (he's kind of a scrub "wannabe" hacker and thinks that it matters I guess) and anything else he can do to annoy you. In my case, the password I registered with was the same pass I used on that particular email, used only for impersonal forum accounts, Promisance and the like, then he found my name by means of what I consider stalking and started posting my full name, phone number (attained via Google) and all sorts of other trivial information around.

But he thought I was retarded, after 5 minutes I figured out who was doing it and had dj3sp shut down three or four times in one day and scared the [poop] out of his host of the moment, then got his phone number, full address, things like that, contacted him to show him that I had them, and offered him a chance at keeping me from screwing with him if he did something so minor as telling me what he changed the passwords on my accounts to and cutting it out. He thought it was a good idea. Game over.

He used my account to delete every post on the Valhall forum though, which is why SOME EVIL MAN abused a variety of bugs in his Prom. That was a fun night. Come to think of it I still have all of his info on a CD around here along with an mp3 of We Are the Champions.

Edit; and the cheating staff member at QMT was soljern, Awayboys' brother.