suggestion

Started by Blood Wake, June 15, 2009, 01:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

I often type Promisance into google to find other prom games, I do it to show up noobs on crappy servers, but I'm sure other people do it too. unfortunately for us, Redwall Warlords doesn't come up, at least not on the first 5 pages. I think we need to actually put the word Promisance up places, maybe not even in the index. but on some page it should say Promisance a whole bunch so that we are found by the search engines.

I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Juska

I agree, it's also pretty hard to find us by searching "redwall" too, even "redwall games" only manages to get a hit through some game listing website.

Which is kind of disappointing seeing as I found this website for the first time by searching "redwall" in google. It was on the first page like 6 years ago.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Krowdon

I only found this by looking at Redwall on Wikipedia.

We definately do need adverisements of a sort.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Daryn

Quote from: Krowdon on June 15, 2009, 04:08:18 PM
I only found this by looking at Redwall on Wikipedia.

We definately do need adverisements of a sort.

omg me 2
Pies.

Briar

yea...I found this on wiki.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

TheSpaceman

Word of mouth for me, the qustion is though do we need to expand. 
Don't get me wrong I think the more the merrier, but I thought i'd bring it up anyway.
What do others think, more people, or are we sitting comfortably right now.
Look up!

Shadow

RWL was way funner, especiallly for the newer players, when there were several hundred players.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Marell

Quote from: Shadow on June 16, 2009, 07:01:31 AM
RWL was way funner, especiallly for the newer players, when there were several hundred players.

Yeah agreed, that'd be so awesome...And I reckon if we fixed things up like Bloodwake suggested, numbers would rise rapidly.

Juska

More members is a good thing.
Current Empires:

Shadow

More players are important because right now, new players have nobody around their level to compete with,, and they get discouraged by all the high nets of the oldbies.

Maybe if we pack the login page full of flags that would be picked up by google?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Blood Wake

as I said, I don't think it should be the index, cause it looks awesome as it is. our page with all the flags could be another login page, since we already have multiple of them. I think it should be a big descriptive page that tells exactly what RWL is, the fact that we're based originally on old promisance codes and that the game is based on Redwall by Brian Jacques. It shouldn't be too much reading since that could turn people away. but one or two good paragraphs that tell exactly what RWL is.

then there could either be login/create horde stuff on that page. or a link to the index.

also, the page should say promisance and Redwall multiple times, the more times the page says our key words, the more likely it could appear on the first page of a google search.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Daryn

the hidden fox theme is cool
Pies.

Juska

You can write the webpage to read redwall and promisance underneath other headings so that google picks them up can you not?
Current Empires:

Red Fang

Just put the key words really small at the top like 100 times and it might work.  :D

Blood Wake

Lol, that would probably work great. haha. I still like my idea the best though, for I am ultimate.

*wishes an admin would give some input on this*

edit: if you type Redwall into google. Redwall Warlords is on the twentieth page...

h