Hmmm?

Started by Firetooth, May 02, 2009, 04:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Something Has Occured
Your account must be three days old to drop land!
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Marell

Yeah I noticed this last round too...its kinda annoying for leaderers, but I guess it was put in place to stop people using the illegal 'explorer strat'.

Firetooth

Quote from: Marell on May 02, 2009, 05:01:06 AM
Yeah I noticed this last round too...its kinda annoying for leaderers, but I guess it was put in place to stop people using the illegal 'explorer strat'.
Why don't they just ban people who use the explorer strat and let people drop? So annoying haha
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Juska

Sorry about your ratio Firetooth, why don't they make dropping land take turns and reduce the rate to 1/4 normal demo rate? Make it take a little more skill to get your perfect ratio.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

CobyCopper

Quote from: Firetooth on May 02, 2009, 05:02:14 AM
Quote from: Marell on May 02, 2009, 05:01:06 AM
Why don't they just ban people who use the explorer strat and let people drop? So annoying haha
Because it's a real dog to remove 2m land by hand. ::)

Daryn

wat's dropping land and how do you do it?
Pies.

Briar

Quote from: Daryn on May 03, 2009, 12:29:52 PM
wat's dropping land and how do you do it?

Go to the "Construct" page
Click on "Demolish" (should be near the bottom of the the page)
     here you can destroy buildings and also put land in the "drop unused land" (when you drop land it doesn't use up any turns)
The dropped land goes into the Landfarm account.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Juska

Dropping land ruins the game Daryn, it's a way in which primarily leader players cheat the system to lower their leader/land ratio in order to have lower loyalty costs on spells and get a better chance of beating other players leaders. The most detrimental part of land dropping is that it respreads land to empires that should not have otherwise been able to get it, so instead of tiered land gains (ranks 40-20, 19-5, 4-1) you get a even spread of land.
Current Empires:

Firetooth

Quote from: Juska on May 03, 2009, 04:09:59 PM
Dropping land ruins the game Daryn, it's a way in which primarily leader players cheat the system to lower their leader/land ratio in order to have lower loyalty costs on spells and get a better chance of beating other players leaders. The most detrimental part of land dropping is that it respreads land to empires that should not have otherwise been able to get it, so instead of tiered land gains (ranks 40-20, 19-5, 4-1) you get a even spread of land.
I try to avoid dropping mainly cos of the spread, but sometimes if I have turns spare it puts me at an advantage and my opponents at a disadvantage

Marell

Quote from: Juska on May 03, 2009, 04:09:59 PM

Lol. You could just as easily say it makes the game, by allowing new players access to easy land which is dropped to the land farm.
Its a part of the game, how can it you call it cheating the system?

Juska

New players can get land from:

1. Scouting
2. Playing well enough to actually take someone's land.

Actually, new players can get all the land they want just by having 10k of each troop type, clan and set the big players to war, then attack them. Almost everyone stacks one troop and the large majority of indies have no troops at all in their non-stacks. Why do new players need a landfarm when no one defends their land?

The land drop function serves only as a crutch that new players rely on so that they never improve and are never forced to improve and a means as to give leaders 100% control over perfect spell ratios.
Current Empires:

krazilec

yea.. and this is the most competitive promi ever :P