The Regular Report

Started by Juska, April 23, 2009, 07:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on May 27, 2009, 08:37:28 AM
QuoteAgreed.

If you're not first, you're last.

LOL, as we found out, the originator of that phrase was high when he said it. Besides, I've been emp, so in fact I can sympathize fully with Firetooth. The whole emp thing gets boring after awhile, if it's everyone doing the same thing over and over. The days of a solo emp are long over, and it's mighty difficult to create one in the current environment unless you have all the veteran players on your side.

I personally have a few interesting ideas for a new type of emp, but everyone seems to busy pursuing their own thing that I've decided to just keep to myself and train new players.
The only way I've thought of making a solo emp requires a neutral enviroment, you to be a fox with ninja leaders and so much cloaking you look like a random noob, lol. As proved reg war thing, it's possible to cloak over 1bil if you're clever enough about it.
Unless you take the game by force using a strat that's 100% efficent...somehow :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Juska on May 27, 2009, 07:39:03 AM
Give over, no land is being locked.

Finally, some perspective!

Y'all are getting worked up over the mere suggestion of land being locked.

But your angry words do bring up a good point. RWL players aren't gamers but enthusiasts.
A few of you have also pointed out that emping is unoriginal. I agree, the way it's been done recently and the way people are attempting to do it again is a boring and unoriginal way. The war before the reset was silly, two teams bashing heads together fruitlessly. There was so much NW lost for no reason. There are some original ways to play the game, though, and people are doing it! H&B, clans using foxes, clans getting lots of players and helping them train... There are all sorts of other types of playing going on out there. Quit fussing about the few "gamers" out there who are heckbent on taking over.

Gorak

Firetooth
you are using the same argument you used during Ereptors reign.
basically saying, if you're good at this game, you should stop trying, because you might hurt a new players feelings.

the point of the game is to have the highest net, by what-ever-means possible
this isn't a politically correct french game show, where everyone's a winner.

competition is what will breed new good players,
without it, the place stagnates, and new players only learn to friendly net, and become mediocre at best.

If you wanna train new players to be any good, you need to do so in a competitive, challenging environment.

we are not here to build your self esteem
we are here to play a game we enjoy playing
and play this game, is what I intend to do
not make it into something else. If I wanted that, I would just play something else. I play this game here, because I like this game here, just the way it is.
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Firetooth

You can't train new players if they can't get above 20k land. Whilst that isn't a problem now, by the sound of things it soon could be.

Quotethis isn't a politically correct french game show, where everyone's a winner.
Lol, true. But it gets boring when the same people win.
And emping, as volk has also said, gets boring once repeated over and over. Maybe if you gave it a break for a while, then jumped out, not only would it probably be more ffective, it would also be more fun.

You are making it in to something else, realize it or not. When I was first here, there was no emps, now every week some other random clan tries to emp. Don't tell me that's not a change. I'm not trying to change the game.

This is an enthusiast site, not a gamer site. Go to valhall if that's what you want, or what some other prom's. Rwl is different to them. Sometimes I enjoy valhall more if I'm for a challenge, if not I just like food netting in reg. But that seems just about impossible with constant emp attempts.

These emp attempts breed insults as well, look at blackfly and woof.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Truth

no land is being locked.

Open your eyes and you will see, there is no Truth in that statement
Eine alte Störung ist immer populärer als eine neue Wahrheit.

Marell

Quote from: Truth on May 28, 2009, 04:01:45 AM
no land is being locked.

Yeah...The Incredible Edible Cannibal (#4), (Bob?) has got something happening there...up to a bil net, holding 35k land, and with only one indier feeding him. Come on '1' and 'Blackfly' get your acts together haha jj. (though to be fair, Blackfly has 650 mil on vac).

Firetooth

After talking to peace, I don't think blackfly are going for emp.

Boring. If someone emps I'm deleting, each one is more boring then the other.

Shadow

Bob, if we let you emp this time will you bugger off afterwards? You're boring and unoriginal, and I'm tired of policing it, so I am not going to.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on May 28, 2009, 07:08:44 AM
Bob, if we let you emp this time will you bugger off afterwards? You're boring and unoriginal, and I'm tired of policing it, so I am not going to.
Biggest understatement of the decade.

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Firetooth on May 28, 2009, 05:14:28 AM

What if I by a stroke of luck I emp? I promise to bring a reign of dark terror if I do! >:D

Firetooth

Quote from: Mr.Grimm on May 28, 2009, 09:36:42 AM

What if I by a stroke of luck I emp? I promise to bring a reign of dark terror if I do! >:D
If you do, I'll laugh like a maniac then delete out of jealousy :P

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Firetooth on May 28, 2009, 10:53:01 AM
Quote from: Mr.Grimm on May 28, 2009, 09:36:42 AM

If you do, I'll laugh like a maniac then delete out of jealousy :P
Ah well. It was worth a shot.  And I can't blame you for being jealous.

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Truth on May 28, 2009, 04:01:45 AM
no land is being locked.

lol! Holding 35k unopposed for 12 hours? If that's locking land then half the game is doing it!

Shadow

He's gonna do it slow cause he's scared I'll stop him.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Wolf Snare

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now..
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)