The Regular Report

Started by Juska, April 23, 2009, 07:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorak

Quote from: Firetooth on May 21, 2009, 02:59:15 PM
Don't join 1 or I'll rant about the value of Rick rolling in society :P
But actually reg is boring even with H&B, it's too unoriginal, all that ever happens are cold wars between the big clans, and people trying to emp constantly. Why can't everyone just sit back, net solo and let H&B do their job instead of joining the best clans and team indying/holding the team indys troops as usual. I know 1 aren't emping as such, but I still think it's boring. At least get a good name anyway, like F.O.E
I don't see any point in playing reg...nothing to do.

solo netting is boring
your just complaining because you can't keep up

clan play is where it's at
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

cloud

"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Mr.Grimm

Firetooth

Quote from: Gorak on May 21, 2009, 08:35:28 PM
Quote from: Firetooth on May 21, 2009, 02:59:15 PM
Don't join 1 or I'll rant about the value of Rick rolling in society :P
But actually reg is boring even with H&B, it's too unoriginal, all that ever happens are cold wars between the big clans, and people trying to emp constantly. Why can't everyone just sit back, net solo and let H&B do their job instead of joining the best clans and team indying/holding the team indys troops as usual. I know 1 aren't emping as such, but I still think it's boring. At least get a good name anyway, like F.O.E
I don't see any point in playing reg...nothing to do.

solo netting is boring
your just complaining because you can't keep up

clan play is where it's at
Clan play is just boring. All you have is two clans making net...having it destroyed...destroying net...making net...etc.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

Firetooth, Gorak, you're both welcome to join Woof, and help train any new players who decide to join.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Mr.Grimm

I think KOTW has the most new players so please join and help us please.

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on May 25, 2009, 08:35:49 AM
Firetooth, Gorak, you're both welcome to join Woof, and help train any new players who decide to join.
Already teaching 3players right now...might go join you later for a short while though.
Volg if any of the guys want help they can message me...might be a bit overloaded though haha. Oh and np FOE is a great name :)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Firetooth on May 25, 2009, 11:28:17 AM
Already teaching 3players right now...might go join you later for a short while though.
Volg if any of the guys want help they can message me...might be a bit overloaded though haha. Oh and np FOE is a great name :)
Okay thanks. I'll let them know.

Gorak

Quote from: Firetooth on May 25, 2009, 06:59:31 AM

Clan play is just boring. All you have is two clans making net...having it destroyed...destroying net...making net...etc.

such is the point of a networth based game
why do you even play this game?

as I said, you can't keep up to the good netters, and can't run a competitive clan
so you just complain about the people who are better then you
and how boring the game is, because you can't accomplish anything in it, therefore, it is the games fault

Is sucking that exciting?
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Mr.Grimm

Quote from: Gorak on May 26, 2009, 05:45:13 PM

as I said, you can't keep up to the good netters, and can't run a competitive clan
and how boring the game is, because you can't accomplish anything in it, therefore, it is the games fault

Ouch. Gorak:1 Firetooth:0

Blobfish

Quote from: Gorak on May 26, 2009, 05:45:13 PM

You really don't get it, do you?
Can't blame you, you are from valhall after all.

Redwall is far, far less agressive then other promigames. INothing wrong with agressive games like valhall, I even played there for a while. I mean wars are fun, but they get boring fast, and the amount of insults in some wars gets stupid. If you like constantly netting, then aiding it, fine. Others don't. Your opinion is not the only that counts, however much you think so.

It's all good and well constantly emping...but it's damned unoriginal. It was original and very fun the first time in months when peace ws emped with Shadow and some otherguy (bad memory, lol). That was also fun. Much as I complained about ereptor's reign, that was also fun. But the last conflict was silly, and people trying now have no respect for what H&B are doing. How can the new players learn if the land is locked? How do you think the new players enjoy never being able to get land? Must make it pretty frustrating, yes?
If you want to just emp, fine. But I know others agree with me, it's not original, inventive or fun anymore. It's just annoying. Anyone who I even think is trying to emp I'll probably just end up destroying.
And as for me being a poor netter, pfft, maybe I am. But seeing as I don't have a clan supplying me with loyalty, food and cash, and have lost a lot of motivation to run because of these emp wannabees, I've missed about 5runs so far.

And as for me not accomplishing anything in the game...have you ever played turbo for a full round by chance?
I've solo netted to third twice in violent enviroments , in the midst of the war with Question and answer I solo'd first, I was part of the smile thing, I've helped boost both Shadow and Marell to first.

And what are your achievements? Team indying troops to your team and bragging about your awesomeness via the forums. Bravo, you can solo indy. Now before you bash others ability, look at yourselves.

And EOTP are NOT A COMPETITIVE CLAN. WE NEVER WERE. Me and feng were only there to teach a bit and muck around. There clan forums are actually the biggest in the history of the game so far, confirmed by a member of staff. Betcha didn't know that, huh?
EOTP are made for netting, so what good is it telling me "I can't run a competitive clan," when I don't run it and it's not competitive.

I play this game because I enjoy it, but it's not really a secret that I'm enjoying it far less recently.

You don't have to be a good player to enjoy the game, before you start bashing about that, and all you seem to know from what I've seen from you is indying. And as I said earlier, I've achieved more then you have over here, before you start saying that I suck. I'm not a ledgend, infact, I woudn't consider myself an oldbie, but I would consider myself of average ability.

Being in first is much more important then teaching new players, what's so exciting about teaching players that suck!
Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.

cloud

Quote from: Freddy Mercury on May 27, 2009, 02:32:38 AM
Being in first is much more important then teaching new players, what's so exciting about teaching players that suck!

Agreed.

If you're not first, you're last.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Blobfish

Quote from: cloud on May 27, 2009, 04:09:23 AM
Quote from: Freddy Mercury on May 27, 2009, 02:32:38 AM

Agreed.

Not sure if you caught the sarcasm there, or if you're being sarcastic yourself haha
Worship the mighty Blobfish

Quote from: Blobfish on May 01, 2011, 12:04:37 PM
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.59

Rights are for the weak.

Juska

Give over, no land is being locked.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gen. Volkov

QuoteAgreed.

LOL, as we found out, the originator of that phrase was high when he said it. Besides, I've been emp, so in fact I can sympathize fully with Firetooth. The whole emp thing gets boring after awhile, if it's everyone doing the same thing over and over. The days of a solo emp are long over, and it's mighty difficult to create one in the current environment unless you have all the veteran players on your side.

I personally have a few interesting ideas for a new type of emp, but everyone seems to busy pursuing their own thing that I've decided to just keep to myself and train new players.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES