The Regular Report

Started by Juska, April 23, 2009, 07:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marell

Quote from: cloud on April 28, 2009, 09:04:10 AM
It's a give / take relationship right now. Once things turn ugly strategies will have to change, thus are the rules of war.

Wisely said.
I guess the question is whether it is best to change strategies once things turn ugly, or change strategies now, so as to be prepared for the ugly  ::)

cloud

there's an inherent risk in both. I guess we'll see.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Juska

If someone wants to waste a turn run 1%ing me only to log in the next day dead, well then yes I suppose us indies are threatened.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Gorak

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Wolf Snare

Well, he speaks the truth Gorak. I happen to know that if someone murdered the hell out of you, you would likely do something along those lines and severely damage then back / kill them.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Yeah, but you don't have to be clanned
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

People are jumping right to kills lately. There are other ways to damage people without making it personal like that.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

How is killing any more personal than 1% murdering someone for a run? What is the proper recourse shadow if a low net empire used his entire run to 1% away your net?

Of course I'm assuming only low net empires would engage in such a tactic, unless it was meant as the beginning of something greater.

If you purposefully destroy my net, I will purposefully destroy yours. If you have no net, I will destroy your empire. Seems pretty fair to me.
Current Empires:

Gen. Volkov

Why would a low net empire devote an entire run to 1% away your net, unless it was part of something bigger?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

cloud

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 29, 2009, 12:28:06 PM
Why would a low net empire devote an entire run to 1% away your net, unless it was part of something bigger?

because he was paid to
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Shadow

If he was paid to, he was part of something bigger, and killing hom won't stop the source of the attacks.

Juska

Someone could destroy someone else's net just for the sake of making them angry/watching them fall/personal vendetta etc. If I had no interest in the whole scheme of things and felt like it I could roll a Stoat and just murder big players who don't have shields just to watch them, that kind of player would keep low net while doing it because they would have relatively nothing to lose if the person they murdered tried to retaliate, unless that person was prepared to spend his time to kill. That kind of player doesn't need to be involved in something bigger.
Current Empires:

Shadow

True, but they are pretty rare at RWL. If you are getting murdered, chances are there is a reason behind it.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteSomeone could destroy someone else's net just for the sake of making them angry/watching them fall/personal vendetta etc. If I had no interest in the whole scheme of things and felt like it I could roll a Stoat and just murder big players who don't have shields just to watch them, that kind of player would keep low net while doing it because they would have relatively nothing to lose if the person they murdered tried to retaliate, unless that person was prepared to spend his time to kill. That kind of player doesn't need to be involved in something bigger.

When's the last time anyone did something like that here at RWL Juska?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Wolf Snare

Umm... That's my playing style when I'm active and not working with a team. lol
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)