Justice Wrought

Started by Peace Alliance, April 19, 2009, 09:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

"part of the game" does not explain motive... The motive is jealousy.

Marell

Quote from: Peace Alliance on April 21, 2009, 07:32:30 PM
"part of the game" does not explain motive... The motive is jealousy.

Come on Peace, do I have to try to expalin it again? Are you being serious? or just trying to be annoying and immature...I'll try to explain it as well as I can, here:

By "part of the game" we/I mean:
The aim of this game [overall] is to win. If someone besides yourself is in first position, then you are not in first position. Therefore, to achieve the overall aim of the game, that person must be removed from first position, so that you can attempt to take their place...in first postion. Sorry, but I still don't see this as a case of jealousy.

Its like calling a race car driver jealous if they overtake someone to get to the lead  :P

EDIT: I spose you could liken it more to a racing car driving intentionally ramming another driver off the road lol, but still his motive would only be to take the lead.

Firetooth

No Marell, we know your jealous of Peace. Admit it, you're, ermm, jealous of his stunning hypocritisim.

Peace, I don't know why, but you're really winding me up lately. If you poisoned me, and I killed you, you would make a fuss. Take my word for it.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

QuoteIf you poisoned me, and I killed you, you would make a fuss. Take my word for it.

This is truth. You've fussed at me over less than kills ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Omg I iz being sacked and knocked down low so my leaders die when I'm on 13k even though I'm neutral in the war but i iz still being hurt. i think i should kill some1 to make it all better.

Jokes aside, I'm also being harmed, by your clan, and I haven't even retaliated...
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

You guys certainly seem to be quite defensive about something you weren't even involved in...

Gen. Volkov

I was onlined today by a member of Question, had I not been pretty much done running, I would have been quite upset. Suffice to say though, neither side has been particularly chivalrous so far.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

I would still be mad, onlining is lame and should be returned in kind.

Gen. Volkov

Wasn't worth the waste of time or resources, I didn't lose any leaders and I had about 40 turns left. He didn't even damage my bought troops, as I hadn't bought up yet.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Shadow

Peace Alliance

That's not exactly on topic...

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 22, 2009, 01:59:08 PM
I was onlined today by a member of Question, had I not been pretty much done running, I would have been quite upset. Suffice to say though, neither side has been particularly chivalrous so far.
Pah that is low. Fighting "face to face" (as much as you can get on an online war game) is fair, onlining is the act of cowards. Unless provoked, you have to be very unchivalrous or desperate to online. Or kill.
And Question are calling Answer dirty...

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThat's not exactly on topic...

It's tangential, yeah. Related though.

Peace Alliance

Firetooth, you need to step back and gain some perspective, kid. You're jumping on straws here.

The only reason anyone would believe the things you say would be because of a confirmation bias (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias)

windhound

You sure it was an intentional online volky?
I accidentally maybe-onlined someone a run or two back, wasnt you though.  I checked the scores, apparently right after turns reset, for a potential land target, chose one and attacked.  Returned to the scores and they were online :( 
No idea if they were on before the scores reset or not. 

No message or immediate retal, so I guess they weren't running.  But with the scores the way they are (and how they've always been) its plausible to online unintentionally

Anyways, intentional onlineing -is- dirty and rather lame.  But its not really cowardly.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't