Anyone still here worth playing against?

Started by cloud, April 11, 2009, 10:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Snare, ya told volkov off for use of the word prick, but cloud also used a swear, though you probarbly just missed it.
Quote from: cloud on April 12, 2009, 01:24:07 AM
holy crap, they made holby a mod. I'm sure to be banned by the end of the week.
-Firetooth, overlord spammer duties
Sowwy I always wanted to do that :-[
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Holby

Every blinking post has 'Edited by Wolf Snare' at the bottom. Now either Cody has gone crazy, or most of you are misbehaving.

Please play nice.

Modding.
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

Holbs, I wasn't actually swearing, at least in my book. If the word filters don't define it as a swear, then it's not a swear word.

I said cloud was an arrogant so and so. Snare's all upset about the word choice I used for "so and so". Yet Snare completely ignored cloud using the word "crap".

That may be true, but that's what people said in the past as well. There are always things to be exploited, and I don't always mean bugs.

Unless you have all the good players with you, you're going to be hard pressed to keep the ones you don't have with you from ganging together and taking you down in whatever scheme you try.

Say what you will about my arrogance, but you'll probably end up working with/ask me for help sometime in the near future.

Cloud, if I remember correctly, it was usually you recruiting me for your schemes, not the other way around. I may end up working with you, can't say I won't, but I doubt it's gonna be because I asked you.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

Haha, play nice kids, you are going to make snare have power trips if you keep making him exercise his editing priveleges :P

But yeah volk, you were strwtching the filters and you knew it ^_^ and crap is hardly a swear, I'm pretty sure crap won't get a movie above a G rating.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on April 13, 2009, 12:56:36 AM
Haha, play nice kids, you are going to make snare have power trips if you keep making him exercise his editing priveleges :P

But yeah volk, you were strwtching the filters and you knew it ^_^ and crap is hardly a swear, I'm pretty sure crap won't get a movie above a G rating.
It's the principle that counts :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

cloud

Quote from: Wolf Snare on April 12, 2009, 04:25:48 PM
Welcome back Cloud, how is the army treatin' ya?

Hey man, yea things are going pretty well... the army's not too bad, but I don't think I'll stick around longer than my 4.

The sandbox...is another world all together though. I'm pretty exhausted, everything here is pretty, well I don't know how to describe it without my words being filtered. It's like living in a 3rd world country  ::)
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Wolf Snare

Sounds alright then. I have a buddy getting shipped off soon to basic training, and another one that went already in february. Both of them tried to convince me to hop on the bandwagon, but it's not my cup of tea.

----
Sorry guys, wasn't trying to go crazy with editing. I took away the initial swear, and noticed that a few people had quoted the same thing, so I had to fix each post individually.

For the record, I don't concider crap a swear either. The word Volk used shouldn't be used as we have many young members.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Juska

Please don't be a <egostisical> and unfairly edit my posts Wolf Snare.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Holby

I agree with your decisions, Wolf Snare.

Juska, that is an attack on a staff member for doing their job, and is not permitted. This is your only warning. Please also refrain from exercising our word filters.

Modding.
I will not deleted this

Peace Alliance

If you're ever unsure if it's a swear, volkov, just think to yourself "would obama say this?"

... Welcome back Cloud. I'm glad you and your ego can come back to rwl :D

cloud

Quote from: Peace Alliance on April 13, 2009, 10:30:50 PM
If you're ever unsure if it's a swear, volkov, just think to yourself "would obama say this?"

... Welcome back Cloud. I'm glad you and your ego can come back to rwl :D

I figured things might be getting dull around here.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

kell

one of the boys is back boo ya! its always a laugh when a top gun comes back for a bit
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Juska

Quote from: Holby on April 13, 2009, 08:54:47 PM
I agree with your decisions, Wolf Snare.

Juska, that is an attack on a staff member for doing their job, and is not permitted. This is your only warning. Please also refrain from exercising our word filters.

Modding.

Sure.

Also, I typed the censored version of the word in Holby, so technically I did not abuse the word filters. Trying to point out that the new word does not fit the context of the old "a egotistical". Egotistical is not a noun like the offensive word. Also, the verb form is going to read out terribly and I can't seem to find any way that the verb form of that word is offensive.

I suggest changing the replacement to: "disagreeable person" and hope no one plays in any thorns.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

The Lady Shael

Hi cloud! =) Welcome back, hope you stick around. There's been a ton of changes since you last played.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gorak

start something
I need a reason to run turns
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.