Help

Started by Marell, April 10, 2009, 10:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marell

A new player pointed out to me that the Help section, found near the top of the side menu in-game is still missing a lot of information, and commonly returns the message:

Either you found a page that has yet to be created
Or you're nosy and in somewhere you shouldnt be
If you needed info on this topic, no worries
The guide is under construction, it should be up shortly

And thats even for some simple sections like construct, warlords hut and scout....things which would take an experienced player no time to explain, but would be a big help to all new players... so yeah it'd be good if we could fix/finish it.

windhound

Yep.
Shadow, Snare, Sticker, and I all have the power to edit it.  If you'd like in I'll add you

It just takes time to fill out the pages.  The most important things are done though
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Marell

Ah k cool.
Yeah I noticed that far more sections have been completed than last time I had a look at it...there is a lot of very useful info in there now.

And yes I spose I could type a few sections up and send them to one of you for editing to save time if thats what you mean.

Shadow

Go ahead and edit the pages directly, you know what you are talking about haha. Just post any additions you make here as well maybe. I forgot I had the editing power there lol.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

windhound

The guide is a wiki, pages can be edited directly
But editing is invite only.  Leaving the guide open would mean the admins would have to patrol it for vandalism, its not worth it
Each page does have a log though, just so you know.

I'll grant you access later tonight if I remember Marell, it'd be nice to get another few pages done
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

CobyCopper

I started posting in the Game Tutorial Workshop my changes to the in-game help page. I already finished Clans and Cluny's Hut, so check those out and tell me if I forgot anything. I've got quite the to-do list...