WORST Book

Started by Fleetscut, March 15, 2003, 09:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetscut

My vote goes to the Bellmaker. I left out some of my favourites as I could only make 10...
Demoneye - Pirates of Terramort.

TR Shadow

I think the worst was Triss.  The names honestly sucked.

Badrang the Tyrant

I've liked all of them that I've read.  Including The Bellmaker (even though it was a more peaceful book), and I haven't read Triss yet...

windhound

I liked Triss  <_<
I voted Redwall because it is the most unorganised of them all.  It has fairly decent front of chapter pictures though...  Yet in it there is mentioned a town dog, cows -I think- and railroads, all which seem to not exist in the world of Redwall...
It's Jacques first book, so yeah, he would just be getting the theme down, but he got better from there, so Redwall was Worst.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Beem

Triss was awsome, I loved the bellmaker, but taggerung sucked.  It just did, one moment he is the fastest and strongesty alive, the next he has trouble with something or other.  It just didn't work right. Thus, I vote for it.

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Kazaar

I haven't read any yet, so I nulled, but I plan on reading them soon.

calria

I didn't much care for the Long Patrol. Too much repetition of the word w00t annoys me... eh w00t?
<_<
I dislike rabbits intensely.

Fleetscut

No way the hares are the best! (Fleetscut  :rolleyes: )
I didn't think the bellmaker was bad it was good but I thought it wasn't as good as the others.
Your right Redwall is unorganized...
I havn't read the Taggerung yet but I have the book at home....
Triss I havn't even got. I'm waiting for the small version to come out, I like my books organised at the same height  :unsure:  
Demoneye - Pirates of Terramort.

baransarn

Quote from: calriaI didn't much care for the Long Patrol. Too much repetition of the word w00t annoys me... eh w00t?
<_<
I dislike rabbits intensely.
I forget which book it is in, but there is a part that a hare gets insulted for being called a rabbit. Hares and rabbits are two different animals. In Martin the Warrior, it shows rabbits dignified, unlike hares, wot! But, for the worst book, I have to agree with windhound, it was unorganized and finding Martin's tomb and such was to easy. Its just an opinion though.
Baransarn, WarLord of Peskiness
Pesselus Mach in RPG's
"There was a squirell named Pesselus,
who weighed less than all of us.
He was really fast
And was known now and the past
There was a squirell name Pessulus
who weighed less than all of us!"

Scringepaw

One thing, I don't think there's such book as Luke The Warrior.For me, out of he 4 books that I've read, Mariel of Redwall is worst.
"Patience is a virtue."

"Perfect practice makes perfect."

RAINBOW

baransarn

Marial of Redwall is certainly not the worst! :o  I know it's an opinion, but come on! You find out about the Terramort and how the Joseph Bell came to be and other unmentionables that I can't remember of!
Baransarn, WarLord of Peskiness
Pesselus Mach in RPG's
"There was a squirell named Pesselus,
who weighed less than all of us.
He was really fast
And was known now and the past
There was a squirell name Pessulus
who weighed less than all of us!"

The Lady Shael

They're all great, and Taggerung had one of the best plots, I can't understand how anyone can dislike that one. And I like Mariel of Redwall and Triss mainly because of the main charrie being a heroine. ^_^  They're all pretty good, but Lord Brocktree just never struck me as really interesting. Some parts are great, like the contest at the end, and the humor is terrific, but I never liked it much for some reason.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ruatine

I hated Taggerung! To me the plot just didn't seem to stick together like his other books. The end also seemed extremely anticlimactic. Everyone has different likes and dislikes though. That's why some people can dislike Taggerung.  ;)

(By the way, my fav Redwall book is Lord Brocktree.  :P )
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Kilkenne

Has anyone that has read Triss ever seriously looked at the names of the characters? Normally they flow nicely, but it looked as if Mr. Jacques more or less ran out of ideas for them all of a sudden, though it happened in other recent books as well as he introduced new characters midway through them. Triss' plot also irked me some, it seemed more far-fetched than others.

Deathclaw

Huh, windhound, I don't remember the town dog, cows, and railroad... I suppose they were near Ninians, though. Kazaar hasn't read any, eh?
Glory, Glory, Man United!