Emperor Ublaz Has Fallen!

Started by CobyCopper, March 29, 2009, 08:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Firetooth on March 29, 2009, 12:30:11 PM
Bob's so called "reign" of empship doesn't seem to be going so well ;)

Onlining? Really?

*shakes head*

:P

Firetooth

Bob onlined peace to get the empship instead of us. Oh the irony:P
Meanwhile Ublaz is still winning...
The leader forces of monitor surrounded the moving troops of Bob Sama, tipped off by the messengers of Firetooth of the trident guard. It was slaughter as the well-trained trident leaders slaughtered the unprepared, slobbish grunts of army. Soon it was all over, but it was too late for the millions of stoats who lost their lives serving peace alliance.
Ublaz was still alive...somehow, but barely. His eyes began to close, knowing soon his reign would come to an end...
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ashyra Nightwing

There's probably a lesson in this somewhere - fight too much and NO-ONE wins.  :D

But, ya know, it's not over just yet........

Firetooth

It's not over till the fat lady sings...or resets it :P (no that wasn't directed at shael)

Ublaz I'm your biggest fan! :P
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

CobyCopper

I'm investigating the possibilities of what to do with this useless title. Nobody will leave me alone, as if it's worth something. Lemme tell ya--it's not. It's a fancy position that I got into basically for the sole purpose of saying, "Bob-sama of Army was the first player to become Emperor of Samperta". I spent so much time and so many turns producing Army networth that I wanted to make sure that the work of one Rat yielded a few benefits. So it did--I'm the first Emp, everyone wants to kill me, and I can't hold networth anymore. Hoorah.

And yes, I did online Peace Alliance to get the title. Minutes before Ublaz unmaxed on 1 acre, I ran Frontal Assault with Chaos. I was able to slip an espionage in and see where his networth was and destroy much of it in a few turns. I have to be thankful to one particular warlord, as I was reminded of a "basher" strategy, and decided to use it to kill off a few million NW each attack.

Shadow

There are lots of possiblities for that useless title, but the way you took it kinda ruined a lot of them. Lucky for you that people would rather have an onliner have it than a woodlander member ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

CobyCopper

Quote from: Shadow on March 29, 2009, 04:16:43 PM
There are lots of possiblities for that useless title, but the way you took it kinda ruined a lot of them. Lucky for you that people would rather have an onliner have it than a woodlander member ^_^
I'll put it like this--it's all good clean fun as I was ready for the consequences. Hell--it really was by chance that I remember just how effective Chaos could be. I put it to good use at least. I'll probably play this position just to stay alive. No real power as it's difficult to setup anything when 3/4 of the game is out for blood now. Other than that, I don't see particular possibilities for the title. I took it to justify a month of indying and tens of billions of networth created and then destroyed. Without Windy, or without Ashy, or without Benedetto, or without me, Army would be a pitiful excuse for a clan, as we wouldn't have enough roles filled. So yeah--my rash decision to finally take the title is what got it for me. Woo hoo. The clan with 4 active team-players got it first and actually fair and square. And I'm hoping my emperor-ship will be play-testing enough to get this a bit better balanced.

Firetooth

Quote from: CobyCopper on March 29, 2009, 04:26:10 PM
Quote from: Shadow on March 29, 2009, 04:16:43 PM
I'll put it like this--it's all good clean fun as I was ready for the consequences. [haties]--it really was by chance that I remember just how effective Chaos could be. I put it to good use at least. I'll probably play this position just to stay alive. No real power as it's difficult to setup anything when 3/4 of the game is out for blood now. Other than that, I don't see particular possibilities for the title. I took it to justify a month of indying and tens of billions of networth created and then destroyed. Without Windy, or without Ashy, or without Benedetto, or without me, Army would be a pitiful excuse for a clan, as we wouldn't have enough roles filled. So yeah--my rash decision to finally take the title is what got it for me. Woo hoo. The clan with 4 active team-players got it first and actually fair and square. And I'm hoping my emperor-ship will be play-testing enough to get this a bit better balanced.
blah blah Im great everyone else sucks blah  blah hey since when can I indy? blah blah blah

CobyCopper

More like blah, blah, blah. I'm good but Army is great. This is the first time I ran this strategy that I created (or, adapted, however you want to look at it) and I did pretty well. Blah blah blah.

Marell

Quote from: CobyCopper on March 30, 2009, 01:25:16 AM
More like blah, blah, blah. I'm good but Army is great. This is the first time I ran this strategy that I created (or, adapted, however you want to look at it) and I did pretty well. Blah blah blah.

You created a whole new strategy now aswell? Please explain.

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on March 29, 2009, 11:20:20 AM
Quote from: Marell on March 29, 2009, 09:15:45 AM
Quote from: CobyCopper on March 29, 2009, 08:27:45 AM
The Great Emperor of Samperta County, Ublaz, has been stuck down today by the sword of his Divisional Commander, Bob-sama, of the Army of Ublaz. In this viscous coup d'état, the mighty Commander Bob-sama had marched upon the flanks of his opposition. Divisional Commander Peace Alliance, of the Trident Guard, was entirely fortified around the remaining acres held by the former Emperor Ublaz himself. By marching upon the flanks of Peace Alliance, he commanded his army of Stoats to attack and cause chaos to the ranks of Peace Alliance, who threatened the balance of power in Samperta. Despite a noble effort and valiant fight, Peace Alliance's army of Stoats lay beaten in he wayside. As their Commander and his lieutenants begin to count the casualties, Bob-sama initiated the Emperor Ublaz's final orders: Operation Valkyrie, and peacefully and quickly overran the border. Bob-sama himself delivered the fatal blow, and has rightful claim to his Throne.

Emperor Ublaz is dead.
Yours,
Bob-sama
The First Player Emperor of Samperta

Translation: "I took 1 land from a defenceless target and now my name is orange on the scores page, hoorah"

Meh, I know I would have done it if Bob hadn't got there first.   :D It's a shame Ublaz is still sitting up there at rank 1 though.

Haha yeah I was going to too, all I meant was that he went a bit OTT with his emporership speech.

Firetooth

I think basically he tried indying and defending net, however 3.6mil leaders is a waste (he had 3.6mil leaders when I espied him) as you could've made much more and it didn't protect your net. Doesn't take a math genius to figure out that.

CobyCopper

Quote from: Marell on March 30, 2009, 08:14:35 AM
Quote from: CobyCopper on March 30, 2009, 01:25:16 AM

You created a whole new strategy now aswell? Please explain.
To the best of my knowledge and that of my allies, I adapted or invented or whatever the indy strategy that focuses on using only aid within clans. I haven't heard anything different from anyone. I've also not had a reason to run that strategy for more than a few days, except for this round. This round, since my clan hadn't a single Indy, I ran it to great success.

Shadow

Clan indy? That's not new lol. Pretty sure I taught you the basics of that one way back when. Very effective strategy that arose when shael removed the net aid limits within clans about a year ago. Defensive indy is a slightly newer trend (although it's been around forever, just underused), but still nothing that was invented this round ^_^

I dunno Bob, you're a good player and getting better, but the play-by-play commentary of your exploits gets old.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

LOL. Quit speaking crap bob, feng was one of the pioneers of team indy, you don't have the first clue what to do judging by our net with only peace team indying half the round...

CobyCopper

I played with Feng back then. I don't remember who or exactly how the leap was made, but I do remember getting the idea and having someone try it. There was resistance--oh that's too much work! No, not really. So I don't know--maybe it was mine, maybe it was someone else's. It's public domain, just like whoever initially invented the strategies that we use and adapt. As for Feng's team indy, I don't remember it being quite as efficient. Then again, it's on the useless side for team/clan indy if you don't have an effective leader. I'm rather sure I learned the basics of what my teams do when I was learning from you Kyle, but it's a bit of a leap between minor and major modification. All I can really remember is that months back even, there are players that ran the strategy more effectively than I did for the majority of this round.

And I don't see how this is a play-by-play of an exploit. Notably, I don't see what in this topic is an exploit. And not every idea is an exploit. That's what I don't like about being called a cheater at everything I do or even think of. In that way, every strategy is an exploit, since the development to run that strategy wasn't immediate. Just like you, I've made meaningful contributions to individual strategies. I've troubleshooted and made recommendations, some of which have made it into play and others that haven't. I'm not special in that regard--I'm just an easy target.

Anyways--Ublaz is down. I'm emperor, even if in name only. If you don't like that, try to kill me. If you don't mind that, keep playing. I have excluded myself from "normal" play by killing him, just like Wintersun or Peace Alliance could have done if I didn't show up that morning. Topic locked.