Reset

Started by Shadow, March 28, 2009, 01:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Meh, even without the reset, woodlanders pulled off all of the round objectives first, and had the most net for 90% of it. All you guys did was wait til the last second and do a takedown, which is basically just using turns to do grunt work.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Marell

Quote from: windhound on April 09, 2009, 11:50:35 AM
Woodlanders were active because they were stacked ;)
Its easy to appear active when you have more people. 
Army was rather active all round.  I stopped playing the day it was supposed to have reset, as at that point Army had won.  We had the most net at the time the reset was supposed to have occurred.  I believe we also mighta had the pearls at that point, Haydee kept snatching them =)

And actually Marell...  yall failed horribly in the communications dept.  Which is why I was able to destroy, what, 11 bil net in one easy go.  So no, your defences were lacking because your communication was lacking.  Honestly.  Sending away to an indy who didn't have shields ^_^
Also, keeping it all stacked on one person was moronic.  Yall were the clan with the largest number of experienced players, you could have easily kept the net spread out reasonably even.  But nope.  It was kept stacked in nice, neat, easily destroyable piles. 
Woodlanders should have easily carried the round, epic fail on yall's part.

Shael had not even given any notice that it was a possibility the round may end on the 28th so I'm not sure why you would have thought that. The last few rounds have been reset and restarted on different dates to usual, so why should this one suddenly be considered officially over on the 28th?
And with the amount we dominated throughout the round, even if every member of Woodlander had been killed the day before the usual reset I'd still consider us the winners.

windhound

Get over yourself Marell

Quote from: wolf bite on July 07, 2008, 07:02:37 PM
Frequently asked questions.
[...]
Turbo
-5 turns per 10 minutes
-Themed
-Resets every month on the 28th
-minus 4% health to attack
[...]
Quote from: The Lady Shael on November 28, 2007, 02:10:21 PM
[...]
The reset will be tonight, hopefully around 8 pm EST. (I still have to fix a couple bugs)
[...]
Quote from: The Lady Shael on August 23, 2007, 02:23:36 PM
The reset will be next Tuesday, the 28th, at around 6 or 7 pm EST. The description of the new round will be posted a little bit before then.
Quote from: Peace Alliance on February 02, 2007, 02:28:39 PM
Next turbo reset will be on the 28th of February in the evening.
[...]
Quote from: windhound on November 30, 2008, 08:53:50 AM
QuoteSat, 29 Nov 2008 16:25:13 -0700
From Daughters of Delor (Admin) (#1) (?)
[...]
Remember, the round will be reset on the 28th of December. At that time, all the accounts will be deleted and everyone starts over. Ask an admin if you have any more questions.
[...]

I can go find more if you're like.

Turbo, unless otherwise noted, is expect to reset on the 28th.
Occasionally it goes over, but usually with prior notice.  Not visa versa.

A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Briar

The round hasn't started over on the 28th for several months. Just putting that fact out there.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

CobyCopper

Quote from: Briar on April 09, 2009, 08:45:12 PM
The round hasn't started over on the 28th for several months. Just putting that fact out there.
Doesn't matter if it starts on the 28th, it matters if it ends on the 28th.

Marell

Quote from: windhound on April 09, 2009, 08:42:11 PM
Get over yourself Marell

Quote from: wolf bite on July 07, 2008, 07:02:37 PM
Frequently asked questions.
[...]
Turbo
-5 turns per 10 minutes
-Themed
-Resets every month on the 28th
-minus 4% health to attack
[...]
Quote from: The Lady Shael on November 28, 2007, 02:10:21 PM
[...]
The reset will be tonight, hopefully around 8 pm EST. (I still have to fix a couple bugs)
[...]
Quote from: The Lady Shael on August 23, 2007, 02:23:36 PM
The reset will be next Tuesday, the 28th, at around 6 or 7 pm EST. The description of the new round will be posted a little bit before then.
Quote from: Peace Alliance on February 02, 2007, 02:28:39 PM
Next turbo reset will be on the 28th of February in the evening.
[...]
Quote from: windhound on November 30, 2008, 08:53:50 AM
QuoteSat, 29 Nov 2008 16:25:13 -0700
From Daughters of Delor (Admin) (#1) (?)
[...]
Remember, the round will be reset on the 28th of December. At that time, all the accounts will be deleted and everyone starts over. Ask an admin if you have any more questions.
[...]

I can go find more if you're like.

Turbo, unless otherwise noted, is expect to reset on the 28th.
Occasionally it goes over, but usually with prior notice.  Not visa versa.

You're living in the past Windy...these are all dated before Shael's semi retirement. Out of the last 3 rounds, one has finished on the 28th, one on the 7th and one on the 11th, which is fine... Shael has told us she wont be around as much so it would be unfair to still expect the rounds to finish exactly on time.

Get over myself? I only had to step in here to point out that Woodlander dominated because you guys were being ridiculous and claiming to have actually won the round.

windhound

Yes...  because one admin's semi-retirement means that turbo must now reset at random?

For the reason for the Get Over Yourself, please see the past posts.
If you're running a marathon, the goal is the end.  What you do in the mean time is up to you.  Torturous and Hare scenario
If every woodlander had been killed your accomplishments would have meant squat.  You would not have won.

If, and I did say if, the round had reset on the 28th Army would have, technically, won.  That's what I said and its true, take it for what its worth.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Blankshots

Quote from: windhound on April 09, 2009, 10:09:14 PM

If, and I did say if, the round had reset on the 28th Army would have, technically, won.  That's what I said and its true, take it for what its worth.

I do, t's worth pointing out you blew a horn that you did not win...blow hard now ;-)
I have a 75 lb pitbull, and he will eat your face, haha yes, eat your face.

What's the worst part about telling your parent's you ride a skateboard? That your gay, yes you are.

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on April 09, 2009, 04:07:11 PM
Meh, even without the reset, woodlanders pulled off all of the round objectives first, and had the most net for 90% of it. All you guys did was wait til the last second and do a takedown, which is basically just using turns to do grunt work.
Hem hem...that's all we did most of the round
it's not our fault Snare left all that net on 250k leaders :D
I don't even know what happened in the end yet as I deleted :-[
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Marell

Quote from: Firetooth on April 10, 2009, 02:32:51 AM
Quote from: Shadow on April 09, 2009, 04:07:11 PM
Hem hem...that's all we did most of the round
it's not our fault Snare left all that net on 250k leaders :D
I don't even know what happened in the end yet as I deleted :-[

That wouldn't have been Snares fault if thats what happened...if I remember correctly the rest of us leaderers were unaware/forgot that he was suiciding at that time when we passed him the net, so it was more our fault.

Quote from: windhound on April 09, 2009, 10:09:14 PM
Yes...  because one admin's semi-retirement means that turbo must now reset at random?

Was this meant to have a question mark at the end of it? I see your sentence as correct without it.
Now that Shael (the only admin with the power of resetting as far as I know) has retired, turbo rounds run for about a month, not exactly from the 28th to the 28th. The immortalisation is, and always has been the true indicator of a rounds completion, and I am yet to see an immortalisation for this round.

Shadow

It's true, windy, rounds rarely reset perfectly on time anymore. I did not expect the 28th reset, and you are just splitting hairs. The one who is on top when the round is reset is the winner, and it hasn't happened yet. As far as round goals, woodlander dominated them all, and continues to do so. Your clan won is the vaguest sort of technical terms, which was by riding the coattails of the dominant clan until the last minute and then doing a clanned takedown. You get over yourself, lol.

Marell

Changing the topic a bit, but just interested to know how much use all of your clan forums got?...I count 310 posts in exactly 100 topics for Woodlander.

Firetooth

Quote from: Marell on April 10, 2009, 09:23:54 AM
Changing the topic a bit, but just interested to know how much use all of your clan forums got?...I count 310 posts in exactly 100 topics for Woodlander.
I don't know how many topics trident got but we had 3pages.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Marell on April 10, 2009, 09:23:54 AM

I was posting stats every so often... we mostly kept in touch using the message system, since there wasn't that many of us. Let me check:

17 topics, 58 posts. :D

Shadow

Lack of communication indeed, looks like woodlander was also the most communicative clan ^_^