Reset

Started by Shadow, March 28, 2009, 01:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

True. They still had the best clan though.

Woodlanders
Orcrist
Shadow
Snare
Briar
Marell

Army
Windy
Ashy
Bob

Trident
Peace Alliance
Firetooth
Ereptor

Sorry if I missed out a few, but that's the general member listing.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Oblit is in woodlander too, but he and snare have only been active intermittently. But yeah, we ended up with more names. On the flip side, the other teams could be pumping out the same amount of net easily, they just aren't ^_^ Lazy buggers.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ashyra Nightwing

Meh, we were at some point but it got a bit harder when Bob left the clan, since he was our only indier. XD I'd pretty much stopped running, but now I've got reason to once again... heh heh heh.

Shadow

*hides behind shael*

Quick, reset it before she can get angry!

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on April 08, 2009, 01:15:00 PM
Oblit is in woodlander too, but he and snare have only been active intermittently. But yeah, we ended up with more names. On the flip side, the other teams could be pumping out the same amount of net easily, they just aren't ^_^ Lazy buggers.
>:(Well, it's kinda true. Peace was semi-inactive, and ereptor missed a few runs.
Admit it, trident achieved the most between me ereptor and peace. If it would've been reset on time we would've won.
I have given up now though lol.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Marell

Quote from: Firetooth on April 09, 2009, 02:37:21 AM
>:(Well, it's kinda true. Peace was semi-inactive, and ereptor missed a few runs.
Admit it, trident achieved the most between me ereptor and peace. If it would've been reset on time we would've won.

3 people making 8 bil net is no better than 6 people making 20bil net, twice.

Firetooth

Quote from: Marell on April 09, 2009, 05:11:06 AM

Yes, but you didn't defend it very well ;)
We spent most our time destroying your net, not making.
Correction, 1person making 8bil net for the most part (peace)

Marell

Quote from: Firetooth on April 09, 2009, 07:04:08 AM
Quote from: Marell on April 09, 2009, 05:11:06 AM

Yes, but you didn't defend it very well ;)
We spent most our time destroying your net, not making.
Correction, 1person making 8bil net for the most part (peace)

We defended it pretty much as well as is possible for a forced clans round, defences up and all. Even at the times when I built up 30mil leaders at a 175 ratio it was easy enough for two, maybe even just one person to take me down with unlimited attacks.
Destroying net in a round like this isn't a massive achievement.

Oh and just reading a post from above...I don't think we had Orcrist.

windhound

Woodlanders were active because they were stacked ;)
Its easy to appear active when you have more people. 
Army was rather active all round.  I stopped playing the day it was supposed to have reset, as at that point Army had won.  We had the most net at the time the reset was supposed to have occurred.  I believe we also mighta had the pearls at that point, Haydee kept snatching them =)

And actually Marell...  yall failed horribly in the communications dept.  Which is why I was able to destroy, what, 11 bil net in one easy go.  So no, your defences were lacking because your communication was lacking.  Honestly.  Sending away to an indy who didn't have shields ^_^
Also, keeping it all stacked on one person was moronic.  Yall were the clan with the largest number of experienced players, you could have easily kept the net spread out reasonably even.  But nope.  It was kept stacked in nice, neat, easily destroyable piles. 
Woodlanders should have easily carried the round, epic fail on yall's part.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Lol. Woodlander pumped out more net this round than all three other clans combined. Regardless of who got taken down, woodlanders did carry this round. Three times you brough us down to your level of net, and three times we came back and at least tripled your net. You guys had the same number of active players, you could have tied us at least if you had made net, but you didn't. Epic fail on your part to miss three opportunities to take the lead. You guys even ran together. We owned everyone without running together. It was that easy. Epic fail indeed.

In forced clan round, no amount of communication will change the fact that takedowns are just a matter of time and suicides.

Oblit is gone from inacticity, so since the latest takedown, I have been the only indier (I think?). You guys should be able to compete with one indier.

Last night left me with a wicked hangover.

windhound

Ah, but the last time we took yall down was directly before the reset.  So, at that point, we did win.
While yall may have continually made more net, you were clueless about what to do with it.  Like I said, it was horrendously mismanaged.  There's more to playing than simply making net, that's where yall failed.

Also, you were the aggressors.  You hit us first.  Everything we did against you was retaliation
I hesitated so long before making my move just so I could say that ^_^
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

You would, too :P

Again - in a forced clan round, takedowns are inevitable, regardless of where the net is. Spreading it out makes it a bit more work, but it's still doable. So sure, you guys took us out on the 28th, it doesnt change that fact that we made about 20 times more than you did, broke the emp first, and held the pearls for 3/4 of the round. Woodlander did everything that was the objective of the rounf first. All you guys did were a few takedowns. Woodlander won. ^_^

windhound

Ah, but we got to the Pearls first!  And Bob killed the Emp =D

I still find it hilarious that each clan broke the emp with a different troop type, excepting Corsair who lost heart a short way in.

Blankshots

Quote from: windhound on April 09, 2009, 12:27:45 PM
Ah, but the last time we took yall down was directly before the reset.  So, at that point, we did win.

Ya but the round has not reset, so to split hairs your clan counted your chickens before they hatched.
the round has stayed playing and all I see is a clan that has given up, blowing a horn they have not earned..
I have a 75 lb pitbull, and he will eat your face, haha yes, eat your face.

What's the worst part about telling your parent's you ride a skateboard? That your gay, yes you are.

windhound

Its not worth debating.
The vast majority of Turbo players are no longer playing

Turbo resets when? 
The 28th of each month, usually around 10pm EST

I consider the winner of the round to be the winner at that date.  Its like running a marathon where they keep moving the finish line.  You see the end in sight, expend your last bit of energy to get there, then be told that the finish is really a ways off yet.  Where is it?  Oh, at some random point yet to be determined.

If Shael doesnt have time to setup another round that's alright, this especially can be a busy time of year.  But it should have just been reset to a standard turbo, on time.  I'm tempted to setup a cron that automatically resets at 10pm every 28th and locks signups till the next round can begin.  I'll check with the rest of the staff about doing so.