Good
1 (6.3%)
Bad
1 (6.3%)
Undeveloped
0 (0%)
What's Twitter?
2 (12.5%)
Why does the world need another social networking site???
6 (37.5%)
Who cares?
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Briar

I don't particularly care for it.  Any other opinions?
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

windhound

[slight language warning] http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/4/23/ [/warning]

Its an odd concept, I can't really see why people obsess over it
Personally I lack the urge to tell the world what I'm doing every second of the day, but some people enjoy it so...  sure.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

Lately I've considered Twitter to be a less conspicuous version of Facebook.

Everyone is keen on the idea that you can see what ALL your friends did last night at the bar. Everyone wants to know your "status" every time it's updated. But there seems to be a lot of facebookers who don't "get" the Twitter concept... To me Twitter is exactly that, just a little bit more obvious. It doesn't hide behind a fakely constructed social medium.

Basically, Twitter = facebook status feed... Except on Twitter it's way easier to appropriately control your image. Which is why public figures use it like politicians and famous people.

So far i'm enjoying following some of my fav musicians who use twitter. I get to learn about their recordings when they're working on their album.

Right now I'm following David Usher, who fronted Moist (remember them from the 90's?)
http://twitter.com/davidusher

Shadow

I thoroughly enjoy this post in the context of April fool's day
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ungatt Trunn II

Hehe, peace's post was the best.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

The Lady Shael

QuoteEveryone is keen on the idea that Shadow can see what ALL Snare's friends did last night at the bar. Everyone wants to know Snare's "status" every time Firetooth's updated. But there seems to be a lot of facebookers who don't "get" the Twitter concept... To windy Twitter is exactly that, just a little bit more obvious. Firetooth doesn't hide behind a fakely constructed social medium.

Quoting so people can see it after April Fool's. =) I couldn't stop laughing from the first sentence. "what ALL Snare's friends did last night at the bar"....rofl.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.