Hot Off The Press

Started by Wolf Snare, March 22, 2009, 03:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

LOL. Nice. Oh, and it appears OH just disbanded, so I guess you don't have to worry anymore Ungatt.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Briar

ok, I've been mention too many times to stay out of this one.  The main point is that volk's defenses were down, so I took the land.  It was a simple land grab.  It was mere coincidence that I ran near the take down. I didn't even know about it.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gen. Volkov

I don't count leader attacks as land grabs. Most leader players don't.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Briar

While you'll probably not take this, I apologize then.  I'm still new to this game, so I guess I didn't know how to define "land grab."
Now I do.

And you were able to recover quite quickly, so I don't know why you're complaining at all.

[edit]
QuoteOk I see ya point on Draco now. Now I think about it s/he probarbly attacked because they were trying to help free the land...idk
thanks for recognizing that it's not only guys playing this game ;)
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

windhound

Um.  I consider leaders as just another troop type when used to take land.
Murders/Poisons/etc are obviously exempt, as they dont take land anyways

I consider it silly to use leaders as an attack troop on a regular basis, but when they can be used to gain a major chunk of land its usually worth it.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

QuoteWhile you'll probably not take this, I apologize then.  I'm still new to this game, so I guess I didn't know how to define "land grab."
Now I do.

OK, apology accepted then. I realize you're still learning. Of course, since OH is now disbanded, not much point in persecuting it's former members. If it does reform, it will be with a clean slate, in Woof's accounting anyway.

QuoteAnd you were able to recover quite quickly, so I don't know why you're complaining at all.

Because you were the first to break for land. And no, I repaired my ratio quickly, but now the land is all spread out.

Um.  I consider leaders as just another troop type when used to take land.
Murders/Poisons/etc are obviously exempt, as they dont take land anyways

I don't, because the same attack is used for suicides. It damages your leaders, which are much more difficult to replace than regular troops, even for stoats.

Firetooth

Quote from: Briar on March 22, 2009, 04:04:31 PM
While you'll probably not take this, I apologize then.  I'm still new to this game, so I guess I didn't know how to define "land grab."
Now I do.

And you were able to recover quite quickly, so I don't know why you're complaining at all.

[edit]
QuoteOk I see ya point on Draco now. Now I think about it s/he probarbly attacked because they were trying to help free the land...idk
thanks for recognizing that it's not only guys playing this game ;)

What can I say? I'm a nice person ;)
Shame OH disbanded though
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ungatt Trunn II

O.H. originally disbanded because about 4 people wanted me dead. Now, with me so low, we are taking a different course of action. 
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

ya coulda just put someone else in charge ;)
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ungatt Trunn II

In a sense someone else will be in charge...
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Firetooth

Man those KOTW noobs are starting to annoy me...I might just revolt to stoat and murder them all then see what they do haha :D
edit: What does KOTW even stand for? EOTP actually stands for empire of the phoenix, KOTW are just copiers :(

Ungatt Trunn II

Wait for them to send me aid. I got them feeling guilty and now they are paying me back.

(And they'd do best to do that, after almost killing me because he though I tried to take one of his members... and I DIDN'T!!!)

After that, they're fair game.

DIE HIPPIE DIE

Briar

Quote from: Firetooth on March 22, 2009, 05:02:33 PM
Man those KOTW noobs are starting to annoy me...I might just revolt to stoat and murder them all then see what they do haha :D
edit: What does KOTW even stand for? EOTP actually stands for empire of the phoenix, KOTW are just copiers :(

Maybe KOTW stands for "King of the World"?? Idk.  :-\

Gorak

all's I know about them is that they sent me like 16 bloody messages asking me to join
not seeing that I'm already tagged obviously
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Marell

Quote from: CobyCopper on March 22, 2009, 12:06:33 PM
Pre: Networth (?)   $600,712,504
Yeah--if you're going to make up stats, don't pull them out of your [Behind]. Anyways--he's still easier to break. The only thing I really lent to this all was brains and a dozen turns.
:o Lol my post was obviously a joke as Shadow pointed out.

Quote from: Firetooth on March 22, 2009, 05:02:33 PM

I checked their clan crier page when their clan first formed, and it said KOTW stood for Kingdom of the Wolves or something like that...and was a clan made purely of wolves at that point...but now there are actually two seperate clans with KOTW as their tag; Night Wolves with a ridiculous 11 members, and the smaller Shadow wolves, who are appatrently only an extension of the first clan, made because Night Wolves was full lol.