hai guiz

Started by Devari, March 19, 2009, 07:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

Hi Dev!

I'm still around, and Checkerpaw too I think, but I think everyone else from the SD clan is gone, cept for windy.

I don't who all might still be here from Loren.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

Nice to have both of you back.  :D I'm still around, playing properly this time.. I don't think I can actually leave. Never tried, really.

Holby

*Removes cobwebs from self*

Hiya Devari! Nice to see you.

Loren was one of my favourite periods of time in this game, and we had a fantastic clan with a wonderful mix of players. I think you're right about Wolf and I being the only ones left, but with you, that makes 3 ;) Oh, the good old days. I can actually say that without a smirk now, given the 5+ years and all.

Please stick around. You'll find the game is still a blast, and not just for the nostalgic factor. Plus you can do fun things, like write windhound as "Windhound" just to see him explode.
I will not deleted this

Firetooth

Quote from: Death on March 19, 2009, 07:45:39 PM
Shut up. Everyone pay attention to me instead.
Death
I thought you'd dissapeared...completely :P
Don't know dev, hey anyway.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Devari

Hey Volky! I see you around a lot at FAF, to be fair. :P Chex is the only one left from SD? Sad... It was like a who's-who of the fringe players - a combination of oldbies and newbies hovering just by the top tier of skill. A lot of the core top 20 in the old days, I'd say... Shame to think they're all gone.

Ashyra! My goodness! You're still here?! Are you still obsessed with cheese and skiffies?

Holbs... Ah, the Loren days were truly epic. While I'm sure someone more traveled than me could find another example (i.e. Death), it's the only Promi clan I know of that dominated the game through diplomacy rather than skill or power. I must say, I miss that sort of game... It's probably impossible in contemporary Promisance, though, given the different atmosphere and skill level compared to 5 years ago. Good old days, indeed. Heh, I still can't believe that a total fringe player like me (especially in those days) managed to co-lead (Juby [I guess he's gone], wolf, and you were my closest comrades, if memory serves) a clan that dominated like that. :P

Hey there, Firetooth.  ;)

Ah... Times like these make me wish that we could hunt down all the old RWL/FAF players and get them back for some kind of reunion on AIM or something. They don't have to play, but it would be nice to see what has happened to everyone over the last 3/4/5 years... I must admit, I'm truly curious.

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Devari on March 20, 2009, 02:40:28 PM
Ashyra! My goodness! You're still here?! Are you still obsessed with cheese and skiffies?

I like to think I've grown up and moved on a little since then.  :D
Don't know, though. I could just snap at any point and a great wave of cheese could flood RWL once again, a million skiffies riding on top of it.

Firetooth

Nice to see another vet I don't know come back. 'Case ya can't tell I'm kind of the forum spammer :-[
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Firetooth on March 20, 2009, 04:14:33 PM
'Case ya can't tell I'm kind of the forum spammer :-[

Yeah, I got replaced a while back.   :)

Gen. Volkov

QuoteHey Volky! I see you around a lot at FAF, to be fair.

LOL, yeah.

QuoteTongue Chex is the only one left from SD? Sad... It was like a who's-who of the fringe players - a combination of oldbies and newbies hovering just by the top tier of skill. A lot of the core top 20 in the old days, I'd say... Shame to think they're all gone.

Yeah, I think so, besides windy that is. I can't think of anyone who was in it who's still here more often than not. And yeah, it was rather like a poor man's ROME. We weren't as good as they were, at the time, but we still made a respectable effort. I don't think any of our members had continuously held first or been Emp, except maybe Nohc, but they had all been pretty continuous fixtures in the top ten or top fifteen. At the time, I was a pretty consistent top ten player, though I thought I was a lot better than I actually was. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Devari

Grown up? Sacrilege!  :D To be fair, I guess you were about 13 or so back then? :wink: (Cheese and skiffies ftw.) I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that you're not the forum spammer anymore.  :wink:

Come to think of it, weren't a number of the SD people in Loren at some time or another? There were at least a few people from AA on Warbands 2 - I remember recruiting a few of my allies from that game to the Loren banner. Ah well, they're all gone anyway. :(

Gen. Volkov

QuoteCome to think of it, weren't a number of the SD people in Loren at some time or another? There were at least a few people from AA on Warbands 2 - I remember recruiting a few of my allies from that game to the Loren banner. Ah well, they're all gone anyway.

Probably, though I never was.

Wolf Snare

Hey Devari! welcome back. You remember me at all? :P
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Holby

Quote from: Wolf Snare on March 22, 2009, 03:15:49 AM
You were just a crazy punk then. Not at all worth remembering :P
I will not deleted this

CobyCopper

Quote from: Holby on March 22, 2009, 04:11:34 AM
Quote from: Wolf Snare on March 22, 2009, 03:15:49 AM
You were just a crazy punk then. Not at all worth remembering :P
Better than me; back all those years ago, I was a noob who had no clue what he was doing. Still played like 2-3 rounds and got killed a few times. I wish I knew what my handle was back then.

Wolf Snare

lol. I was in loren the first time it was created. Indeed i was a little poo disturber though :P

Clan hopper, begged for net, tried to net by land alone, haha. never really worked out
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)